Subject: Herb, Edible Wild Plant Bks FS

From: [email-masked] (John Green)
Date: 28 Jan 1995 19:54:27 GMT

Books on Herbs, Edible Wild Plants FS

All prices include postage in U.S.

reply email [email-masked]

Bardswell, Frances A.  The Herb Garden, with illustrations by the Hon. 
Florence Amherst and Isabelle Forrest.  London:  Adam & Charles Black, 
1911.  Hard cover, 173 pages, index, tables, paste-in color 
illustrations.  $20

Buchman, Dian Dincin.  Herbal Medicine:  The Natural Way to Get Well and 
Stay Well.  New York:  Gramercy, 1980.  Hard cover with DJ, 310 pages, 
index, drawings, list of resources.  $12

Fox, Helen M.  My Years in My Herb Garden.  New York:  MacMillan, 1953; 
first printing.  Hard cover with dust jacket, index, very good 
condition.  $9

Freeman, Margaret B.  Herbs for the Mediaeval Household, for Cooking,
Healing and Divers Uses.  New York:  The Metropolotian Museum of Art,
1943.  Hard cover, 48 pages, illustrated with drawings.  Excellent
condition.  $9

Gibbons, Euell.  Stalking the Wild Asparagus:  Field Guide Edition.  A 
field guide to edible wild plants.  New York: David McKay, 1972; 
reprint.  Paper, 303 pages, excellent condition.  $6

Kadans, Joseph M.  Modern Encyclopedia of Herbs:  A comprehensive, 
practical, up-to-date reference work covering hundreds of herbs:  common 
names, cooking uses, botanical names, cosmetic uses, growing conditions, 
medical uses.  New York:  Parker Publishing, 1970.  Hard cover with dust 
jacket, 256 pages, cross-referenced index.  Very good condition.  $12

Medsger, Oliver Perry.  Edible Wild Plants.  New York:  McMillan, 1954.  
Hard cover with DJ, 323 pages, photos, drawings, index, index of 
scientific names.  $14

Miloradovich, Milo.  The Home Garden Book of Herbs & Spices:  The 
complete handbook on growing, preparing and preserving all culinary herbs 
and spices--for the gardener, the homemaker, and the gourmet.  Garden 
City, NY:  Doubleday, 1952.  Hard cover with dust jacket, 236 pages, 
index, list of botanical names.  $10

Pond, Barbara.  A Sampler of Wayside Herbs:  Rediscovering Old Uses For
Familiar wild Plants; illustrated by Edward and Marcia Norman.  New York: 
Greenwich House, 1974.  Hard cover with DJ, index, bibliography, color and
B&W drawings and paintings, 126 pages.  Excellent condition.  $14

Ramsbottom, John.  Edible Fungi, with colour plates by Rose Ellenby.  
London:  Penguin, 1948.  Hard cover, 45 pages, 24 color plates.  
Excellent condition.  $7

Ranson, Florence.  British Herbs.  Harmondsworth:  Penguin Books, 1949.  
Paper, 203 pages, illustrated with photos and drawings.  Excellent 
condition.   $6

Rohde, Eleanour Sinclair.  Herb Gardening.  London:  Medici Society, 
1945; 2nd printing.  Hard cover with dust jacket, 206 pages, illustrated 
with drawings, color & B&W photos.  Very good condition.  $9

Taylor, George M.  British Herbs and Vegetables.  London:  Collins, 
1947.  Hard cover with dust jacket, 48 pages, color and B&W photos and 
drawings.  $8

--