Subject: FDA/Kessler

From: [email-masked] (Mark D. Gold)
Date: 4 Dec 94 13:27:29 -0500

Hi!

Someone on another group was kind enough to mention that there 
is a article that appeared in 11/94 issue of National Review about the
FDA's/Kessler's most recent crackdowns on health suppliment manufacturers.
It can be accessed electronically using GOPHER.  I start GOPHER by 
TELNETing to a GOPHER server such as info.umd.edu.  Enclosed at the 
end of this post is a list of the menu items I went through to access 
this article.

The article has some very interesting information, but is really only 
the tip of the iceberg.  For those of you who are interested in 
learning about what really goes on behind the scenes at the FDA in 
regards to holistic healing practices and vitamin supplimentation,
I cannot too strongly recommend the following new book:

            "The Assault on Medical Freedom"
             by Joseph Lisa
             Hampton Roads Publishing (804/459-2453), c1994
             ISBN 1-57174-003-1

This book is a "must read" in my opinion.  You can even order copies 
of the documentation used to write the book which is especially 
useful for journalists, holistic healing organizations, legislators,
and legal representatives of harrassed practitioners/manufacturers.
Pretty cool.  And "NO," I do not and any financial interest in this 
book or publishing company.

                          - Mark
                       [email-masked]

"Oh no!  Are those flames I see in the distance?!"  :-)

-------------------------

Trying... Connected to INFO.UMD.EDU, a DECSTATION-5000 running UNIX.

Access to Other Information Resources/

Gopher Servers - All over the WORLD!/

Gopher Servers in the USA/

1.  All/

404. Electronic Newsstand, The (tm)/

1.  The Electronic Newsstand(tm)/

Magazines, Periodicals, and Journals (all titles)/

All Titles Listed Alphabetically/

Titles from M to R/

National Review/

Archive/

November/

21-Nov-1994 -- Commissioner Kessler's Crackdown

-------------------------