Subject: Re: Facts: What's so great about Wheat Grass Juice?

From: [email-masked] (John Jenkins)
Date: 31 Mar 1995 03:53:41 GMT

In <[email-masked]> Julie 
Dahmer <[email-masked]> writes: 

>
>I have a question:  will someone who has an allergy ("food 
sensitivity") 
>to wheat also react to wheat grass?  
>

Recently, I was inspired to begin sprouting in the kitchen using 
baskets.  This led me to an interest in wheatgrass.  My wife, who has a 
strong gluten allergy, did muscle testing to see if wheatgrass would be 
safe for her.  It has not caused problems.  Right now, due to the 
vagaries of time, we are both taking Green Magma, a dehydrated barley 
grass juice powder.  I sense a vitality about it that is pleasant to me, 
not quite the same as wheatgrass juice, but still very strong.

Steve Meyerowitz has written on sprouting and also has a little book 
titled "Wheatgrass, Nature's Finest Medicine," which may be of help to 
you.  It can usually be found in a health food store or cooperative.  
Also, some health juice bars will juice you up an ounce of wheat grass 
for a dollar or so.

Goodwill