Subject: ftp: Resource Directory

From: [email-masked] (Trudy Grable)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 20:24:07 GMT

ANNOUNCEMENT: National Directory for Special Resources Available
through Anonymous FTP

I have gotten many requests for how people may access LINCS-BBS
via the Internet.  Currently, we have no funding source to provide
telnetting into LINCS-BBS but have put our National Resource
Directory up on an anonymous FTP site through Netcom.

This directory contains over 2,000 resources nationwide containing
a multitude of health, disability, self help and educational
resources and conference information, to name a few.

The directory can be run from any PC.  Instructions for the setup
are given in the ftp site message.

Ftp access:             ftp.netcom.com
remote user name:       anonymous
remote guest password:  your email address
at the ftp>             /pub/LINCS

The name of the file is phpsetup.exe

This program is updated on site multiple times per week and will
be updated at the ftp site weekly.  Before updating previous copies
on your PC, delete the PHP.HDR file or the program will not run
properly.

Email:  [email-masked]
Your comments or suggestions for additions are welcome.

The directory is available at no charge at anytime on
LINCS-BBS @ 408/294-6933, settings N81, to 14,400 baud.
LINCS is a free public access BBS.

Funding provided in part by the California State Dept. of
Developmental Services, Early Intervention Program,
via Part H of PL 99-457.