Subject: Re: grain mills

From: [email-masked] (David Adams)
Date: 6 Dec 94 12:31:48 CST

I have long recomended the K-TEC mill, because I have been so pleased
with mine.  Periodically it goes on sale for about $199.95.

If that is too much K-TEC also sells used mills many of these
in excelent condition, for very low prices.   The sell used
stone mills to, or at least they used to when I bought my
mill.

K-TEC's toll free number is (or at least was) 1-800-748-5400.

I once used my K-TEC mill to grind a whole five gallong bucket of
wheat.  The mill can grind as fast as I can sort the wheat and
I didn't have any problem with over-heating as long as I paused
to sort and to empty the bowl.  I think it took me about 20 minutes
to grind the 5 gal. bucket.

To the fellow who uses a coffee grinder:

My family used to do the very same thing.  My dad got a used 
comercial size (==heavy ~200 lbs.) coffee mill and had it
altered somehow to grind wheat better.  We had the very same
problem of an un-uniform flour.  We used to sit and sift it 
with some sifters he got from work.  The big particles we
would use for cracked wheat cerial.

The K-TEC type of mill will not make cracked wheat, but then
I don't use cracked wheat much.

---
	-David  [email-masked]

-- 
	-David  [email-masked]