Subject: SUN, UV RAYS & HEALTH - Internet Conference

From: [email-masked] (Penny Sim)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 02:28:34 GMT

The Active Living and Environment Program in Saskatchewan is hosting
an on-line conference on the Internet focusing on the health implications
of exposure to the sun's rays.

To find out more and register for this conference, connect to our Web site:

        http://alep.unibase.com/sunconf.html

This innovative experiment will see up to 100 individuals connecting
through the Internet to share valuable information around our
conference themes:

      * Health Risks of UV Exposure
            (particularly as they relate to epidemiology, opthalmology,
             and dermatology)

      * Scientific Findings
             (relating to ultraviolet radiation, ozone, and meteorology)

      * Implications for Recreation & Education

SASKATCHEWAN ON-LINE SUN CONFERENCE
ITINERARY

February 20-March 27, 1995              Conference registration by
                                                electronic mail

March 6-19, 1995             Preliminary discussion among
                             participants about panelists'
                             discussion papers

March 20-27, 1995           Panel of experts respond via e-mail (to
                            a listserver) to conference delegates'

March 28, 1995              1:30-3:00pm  CST

                           2 Mini-seminars;  question-and-answer
                           sessions that take place in real time
                         *about 25 participants in each session;
                         *discussions with expert panelists.

March 29, 1995             1:30-3:00pm  CST

                          2 Mini-seminars:
                         *same format as above

March 30, 1995            1:00-3:00pm  CST

                          *On-Line Conference*
                           Conference begins with a short plenary
                           session in which the panelists are
                           introduced and the format is outlined.
                           Delegates then divide into smaller
			   groups for discussions and debates
                           with different panel experts.