Subject: Welcome to alt.meditation.quanyin

From: Shing-Te Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 00:09:11 -0400

Dear friends,

This is to announce the creation of a newsgroup: alt.meditation.quanyin.

The newsgroup will be dedicated to discuss a meditation method on sound
and light: The Quan Yin Method, which is taught by the Supreme Master 
Ching Hai. Lectures from Master and News Magazines publishied by 
"The Supreme Master Ching Hai Meditation Associations" will be made 
available to this newsgroup. General discussions about spiritual practice 
and meditation are also welcome. 

The Chinese characters "Quan Yin" means contemplation of the sound 
vibration. The Method includes meditations on the Inner Light and the Inner 
Sound, or the "Word" as referred to in the Bible. The Bodhisattva Manjushri
declared in the Surangama Sutra, that this Method is the best of all 
possible ways for attaining enlightenment. It has been repeatedly 
acknowledged in spiritual literature of all the world's religions.

Master Ching Hai initiates sincere spiritual aspirants into the Quan Yin
Method free of charge. She got full enlightenment in the Himalayas and had 
been invited to give talks in the United Nations for several times. She also 
received several awards from her humane works in aiding the disaster 
victims, refugees and suffering people in the world.

Alt.meditation.quanyin is an unmoderated newsgroup.