Subject: Vegan pizzas

From: [email-masked] (Lesley Cioccarelli)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 00:15:00 GMT

Up until a couple of months ago there was a wonderful vegetarian
cafe here in Canberra, Australia that did the most delicious
vegetarian and vegan pizzas.  I finally found their menu so I can
now post the ingredients of the vegan topping they used.  It was a 
combination of TOFU, TAHINI, TAMARI & ONION.  I don't know the
amounts, but the final consistency was similar to scrambled eggs
and almost an inch think on the top of the pizza.  The taste and 
texture were a delight, and even most of my non-vege friends would
choose this over a cheese topping.

The bases were made with wholemeal flour and they had some great 
combinations of vege toppings, including:

SOLAR   - sun-dried tomatoes, onion, spinach, mushrooms, corn, 
          broccoli
PESTO   - fresh pesto (instead of tomato sauce), tomato slices, 
          spinach, leek, mushrooms
SATAY   - peanut sauce (instead of tomato sauce), corn, cabbage, 
          bean shoots, sweet potato, spinach
RAINBOW - corn, spinach, zucchini, carrot, potato, tomato slices,
          beetroot
GREENIE - broccoli, capsicum, zucchini, leek, spinach, avocado, 
          fresh herbs
..and the list goes on.

Pity the Parakeet closed, but a new vege/vegan restaurant is opening 
at the same site this week, so all is not lost!

Lesley