Subject: cooking/nutrition software

From: [email-masked] (Julie Pouton)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 05:13:57 GMT

I want to buy some cooking/nutrition software for Windows which does 
the following:(1)tell me whether I'm eating nutritiously based on my 
food intake in a given week, not a given meal(since these things are 
supposed to be additive), and without carnivore bias, (2)allows me to 
enter what I've eaten in terms of brand names, hopefully 
including "alternative" brand names like Nature Valley, and 
it will know the nutritional values of so many ounces
or servings of a given product, (3)includes at least one 
well-known basic cookbook and maybe even a good vegetarian
cookbook or two (including the nutritonal content 
of the recipes and (4) even do the usual stuff like size 
up and size down recipes.

I have seen several software products in the stores, but the blurbs on
the boxes seem to tell you very little about what's inside(maybe very
little is inside?).

Also I'm curious in general about these cooking software products and
whether people actually use them once they have them.

J. Poulton