Subject: Recipe for Vegetarian (Vegan) Burgers--No Added Fat

From: [email-masked] (DAANA)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 23:15:36 GMT

1 cp cooked brown rice
1 cp cooked brown lentils, mashed
1&1/4 cp onions finely chopped
1 cp carrots grated
3 cloves garlic
1/8 cp stock  or water
1 cp raw oats
1 tbls dark miso(found health food stores)
1/2 tbls tamari
1 tbls hot stock
1/4 cp fresh parley, finely chopped
1.5 tsp sage
1 tsp celery seed

Saute onions, carrots, and garlic in stock or water.  Mix with cooked
rice, lentils and oats.  Mix miso and tamari with hot stock or water to
dissolve.  Add to mixture.  Add parsley, sage and celery seed.  Mix until
all ingredients are combined.   Make into patties, place on lightly oiled
cookie sheet and bake at 350 for approximately 25 mins.  Cook less for
softer burgers, Longer for crisperier burgers.  These can be cook on the
grill if they've been made up in advance and refrigerated for at least 4
hours.