Subject: hummas

From: [email-masked] (George A. Dowding)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 21:55:52 GMT

Here is my recepie off the top of my head.

mash 1, can cooked garbanzo beans (without broth) mix in
1/3 cup tahini, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 (or more) crushed/
minced garlic cloves.  Add to taste salt and pepper.

If it is too thick add some of the broth or some olive
oil.  You can also add some tumeric to give it a richer
color. 

Also this recipie is easy to double, triple, etc.  I usually
make it with two cans.  Finally you can do this with raw beans
I have never had much luck cooking them properly, there always 
too hard.  You can also use a food processor or a blender.
I prefer some chunkage so I use a heavy duty potato masher.

enjoy

-- 

                   ================================
 	========== [email-masked] ==========
                   ================================