Subject: Re: Tobasco Sauce

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Cadieux)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 17:52:48 GMT

In article [email-masked], [email-masked] (H. Murty) writes:
>Please post any recipes to use up a bottle of Tobasco Sauce.
>
>thanks,
>Hema

Take a fair sized piece of mountain bread.  Lay it flat, and sprinkle liberally with tobasco.  Then spread with hummus.  (Butter too, if its to your taste).  Then fill with zuchini, squash, carrots, etc.  cut legnthwise and thin.  I just use whatever is in the fridge that week.  Roll like a burrito and enjoy!

For variety, try with baba ganouj instead of hummus.

---

From: [email-masked] (Deep breaths, calm thoughts)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 1995 03:47:48 GMT

Melinda's is WONDERFUL!!!  I use the Original Habanero pepper sauce, and the
XXXtra hot one, each for different things.  If the person who wants to get rid
of the Tabasco sauce comes to my house, I'll probably let them taste my
Melinda's to see if they like it... much less vinegarry and a nice flavor.

I'm planning to try seitan bits, maybe marinated in soy sauce and garlic,
lightly dredged in flour and baked, then dipped in margarine/Tabasco sauce for
"veggie buffalo winge" -- there was just a thread on vegan-l about these!  But
I can't think of any way to make vegan blue cheese dip, pout, pout.

Sarah