Subject: Re: Tobasco Sauce

From: [email-masked] (Deep breaths, calm thoughts)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 16:37:17 GMT

By private email, I found out that this person doesn't like Tabasco because of
its vinegarry taste.  I'm posting this to the group because other people may
feel the same way.

Tabasco in oil and vinegar based dressings adds a very nice kick, and you can't
really tell through the vinegar bade of the dressing.  One thing you can do it
use it to add a litle zest to bottled fat free dressings, which tend toward
blahhhh... I like Cook's Classic: Italian Garlic Gusto dressing and marinade,
but I'll bet a splash of tabasco would only make it better 

This dressing, BTW, is the ONLY nonsweetened fat free f dressing I've EVER 
seen -- I hate sweet dressings, and I don't care if it's bone charcoal 
derived white sugar or organic grape juice concentrate, I hate it!!!

Another good use for tabasco is to put it in a marinade for something where the
item will be cooked with additional seasonings.  Soy sauce, tabasco, minced
garlic.  Example:  Marinate tofu, then use that in stir fried veggies.

Sarah

---

From: [email-masked] (Emily Breed)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 17:44:24 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>its vinegarry taste.  I'm posting this to the group because other people may

By coincidence, there's a discussion going on on the Chile-Heads mailing 
list right now about non-vinegary hot sauces.  There's some agreement 
that "Sontava" hot sauce has a nice, spicy flavor (it's habanero-based) 
without too much vinegar to it.  Others like "Melinda's", but say that 
it's not as spicy.

Emily Breed                                                  [email-masked]
            If it doesn't make you sweat, it's not real food.