From: [email-masked] (Jane Beckman)

Subject: Re: Dr. Bronner
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Aug 92 23:26:49 GMT
References: <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
Organization: Stratus Computer, Inc., San Jose, CA
Lines: 36

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Suzanne) writes:
>Dr. Bronner is a concentration camp survivor.
>He went insane there.
>
>This info is from my uncle who used to run a natural
>foods store and had occasion to deal with Dr. Bronner.

I went to a lecture he gave, back in the '70's.  Fascinating
guy, nutty as a fruitcake, and probably would get along
hanging out on alt.conspiracy, but fascinating and
entertaining, nonetheless.

He was an inventor and "master chemist" in prewar Germany.
He's also something like a nephew of Albert Einstein.  Since
--MORE--(48%)

the War, he devoted himself to natural foods, wholistic health
ideas, and preaching his "All-one-god-Essene-ministry."  He
claimed to be an Essene rabbi, and to have been persecuted
and declared insane because of this.

But wow, get him talking about food and inventions, and he
really lights up.  So what if he's crazy?  (I think he may be
dead by now---he wasn't in great shape back in '75.)  He was
quite blind, but accompanied by a voluptuous "companion/nurse"
and didn't seem too hampered by his blindness.  I recall him
talking about natural birth control using reamed-out half
lemons, something some women did in the time before WWII in
Germany, he said.  Had a whole mess of new projects planned.

I loved his wonderful cheese puffs with sea salt, back then.
I still buy his soap.  (The label has been VERY toned down,
since the 1970's!)
--
  Jilara   [[email-masked]]

I've worn high-heeled pointed-toed fashionable shoes for the past 
twenty years, and you ask me about if *getting tattooed* hurt?!
End of article 15557 (of 15648)--what next? [npq]