Subject: Re: Bo Gritz/CFR/Trilaterals

From: [email-masked] (Richard Hatch)
Date: 22 Feb 1993 04:14:34 GMT

There has been some discussion of Col. James "Bo" Gritz 
"giving what appears to be a "Nazi salute" to skinheads at the 
Idaho home of Christian Identity believer Randy Weaver. Some of 
this discussion relates to the December 14, 1992 article in the 
John Birch Society house organ _The New American_. The author of 
that article, Don Fotheringham, writes:
 
          One question we must ask is why would Randy Weaver 
     contact Bo Gritz a month before the tragedy? Weaver had 
     obviously anticipated the shootout, but what gave him the 
     impression that Gritz would be allied with him in his war 
     against "the ZOG"? And why was Gritz the only person, aside 
     from the skinheads at the roadblock, whom he thought he 
     could trust during the standoff? We would not likely 
     consider these questions at all, had it not been for the 
     Nazi salute Gritz gave to the skinheads at the vigil.
          The former Green Beret colonel later complained that 
     news reports of his salute were false, and that he was 
     merely waving to the crowd. Televised accounts, howver, 
     leave no doubt. He recognized the skinheads and executed the 
     salute. They returned the _sieg-heil_ in perfect Nazi 
     fashion and then signalled thumbs up.
          Perhaps the salute was given merely to temper the 
     crowd, or to thank one of the skinheads who had written 
     Weaver a note offering support in court if Weaver 
     surrendered. But whatever Gritz's reason, it must not be 
     forgotten that this is the fanaticism that killed 14-year-
     old Samuel Weaver and his mother Vicki. 
 
     The article includes a photograph of Gritz in what appears 
to be a Nazi salute. I want to make clear that I do not rely on 
the _New American_ as a reliable source of information, but the 
following excerpts from an article in the _Seattle Times_ cites 
confirmation of the Nazi salute from a Gritz campaigner after 
attempts by Gritz supporters to deny that he gave such a salute. 
Those who support Gritz will now have to do some fancy 
contortions to explain why the Birchers and the mainstream press 
both carry the same story.

BO GRITZ UNDER ATTACK FROM IDAHO HUMAN-RIGHTS GROUP
Seattle Times (SE) - Sunday September 20, 1992
Edition: FINAL  Section: NORTHWEST  Page: B3
 
TEXT:
COEUR  D'ALENE, Idaho - Populist Party presidential candidate Bo Gritz, who
was  in  the  spotlight recently for helping end a northern Idaho standoff,
has come under attack from a human rights group.
 
    The  Kootenai  County  Task  Force  on Human Relations accused Gritz on
Thursday  of giving a Nazi salute to white-supremacist "skinheads" gathered
at the standoff between fugitive Randy Weaver and U.S. marshals at Weaver's
remote mountain cabin...
 
    On  Thursday,  the  task  force  showed  pictures  of Gritz giving what
appeared to be a Nazi salute at the standoff.
    Lonny  Hall,  northwest regional representative for the Gritz campaign,
said Gritz promised Weaver he would give the salute on his behalf.
 
                Copyright 1992 The Seattle Times

     Gritz, in his book, _Called to Serve_ [Lazarus Publishing 
Company, 1991, page 609, says that he would "highly recommend" 
the work of writer Eustace Mullins on the "money coup." Mullins 
is a member of the advisory board of the Populist Action 
Committee, on which Gritz also sits. Mullins, a favorite of anti-
Federal Reserve Board activists, is the author of the virulently 
anti-Jewish book _The Biological Jew_ [Faith and Service Books, 
Stauton, VA, 1968]. I apologize in advance to any who are 
offended by the following quotes from this book, but I feel that 
it is important to understand just what sort of material emanates 
from the guiding lights of the Populist Action Committee. 
Mullins, in this lengthy comparison of Jews with biological 
parasites, wrote:
 
     The aliens [Jews] traffic in the bodies of girls, set up 
     gambling dens, deal in stolen goods, lend money, establish 
     houses in which one can perform every imaginable type of 
     sexual degeneracy, and provide assassins for hire...
 
     The Jew has always functioned best as a panderer, a 
     pornographer, a master of prostitution, an enemy of the 
     prevailing sexual standards and prohibitions of the gentile 
     community....
 
     We must remember that there is no Jewish crime per se, since 
     the existence of the Jewish parasite on the host is a crime 
     against nature, because its existence imperils the health 
     and life of the host...
 
     This religious ceremony of drinking the blood of an innocent 
     gentile child is basic to the Jew's entire concept of his 
     existence as a parasite, living off the blood of the host...
 
     The Jews do not want anyone to know what Nazism is. Nazism 
     is simply this--a proposal that the German people rid 
     themselves of the parasitic Jews. The gentile host dared to 
     protest against the continued presence of the parasite, and 
     attempted to throw it off. It was an ineffectual reaction, 
     because it was emotional and ill-informed...
 
     Gritz apparently believes that Mullins is a reliable source. 
I am unaware of any instance in which Gritz has condemned Mullins 
for his authorship of such material.

 
In summary, I have now documented in this post and in previous 
posts the following items:
 
1) Gritz ran for Vice President with David Duke.
2) Gritz is on the advisory board of the Populist Action 
Committee, one of the Liberty Lobby spawned organizations. In 
this organization, Gritz is working with likes of Eustace 
Mullins, author of virulently anti-Jewish propaganda and a source 
Gritz recommends.
3) Gritz accepted financing and other assistance from Christian 
Identity followers of Pete Peters, who espouses racist teachings 
and distributes anti-Jewish propaganda. Gritz has praised Peters 
and spoken as a special guest at his Christian Identity camp.
4) Gritz works in a coalition with Christian Identity activist 
Richard Flowers, who also espouses racist ideas and distributes 
anti-Jewish propaganda.
5) Gritz gave a Nazi salute to skinheads agitating on behalf of 
Randy Weaver, a Christian Identity believer.
 
I have yet to see any of Gritz's supporters refute any one of 
these points with independently verifiable evidence. 
 
In my opinion, about all that remains is for Gritz himself to 
shout "Sieg-Heil" in front of the cameras.