Subject: Re: Periodic laws of Russian politics
From: Vladimir Butenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1993 23:08:08 +0400
Newsgroups: talk.politics.soviet,relcom.talk,relcom.politics

In article <[email-masked]>
[email-masked] (asia z lerner) writes:
>In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Dragon Fly) writes:
>>There were persisent rumors in Sovok that he was "terminated" by
>>Brezhnev's mafia after he tried to fight corruption.
>
>Really? My image of him was as being connected
>to a respirator most of the time. Did he really
>try to fight corruption? It begins to sound
>suspiciously like Gorby was part of a trend,
>rather than the iconoslast individualist that
>I took him to be.
 Look, guys - they loved all those  Gorby/Andropovs,  then  they  cared
 about them (at least, Gorby) - now they still remember them - and even
 remember russian jokes (hairy-bald) which are 15 years old... And they
 don't know the second part of that joke, as they don't know the  sense
 of most others.

 What a nice sign! I tried to understand - many times :-( - what do all
 these guys remind me of? Now it seems that I got it - those old soviet
 "babusyi"s: "tuloop"-weared, sitting on streets and watching the  Life
 running aside of them.  They  tried  to  state  themselves  under  the
 moon, saying with criticism about all those  things  they  never  knew
 anything about,remembering stories forgotten since the times they were
 young, and - yes, they  were  seeking  any  attention  paid  to  them:
 most of them did it crying very loudly on everybody doing smth "in the
 Wrong Way".

 Yes, "Babusyi" - a really international phenomena, sometimes they are
 of unusual age and sex - and one cannot understand -  "what's  it?!" -
 for a long time, but then - "oh-lala! It's "baba  Manya"  -  she  just
 traded her broom for a keyboard, but the mentality... Dear Babusyi...

 á ×ÏÏÂÝÅ-ÔÏ, ÒÅÂÑÔÙ, - Õ ÷ÁÓ ÖÅ ÚÁÇÏÎÞÉËÉ  ÅÓÔØ  -  "relcom.politics",
 "talk.politics.sovok" ÎÁÚÙ×ÁÀÔÓÑ - ÔÕÄÙ ÓÏ Ó×ÏÉÍÉ ÁÎÇÌÉÃËÉÍÉ ÐÉÓÁÎÉÑÍÉ
 É ÐÏÛÌÉ ÂÙ, Á?
 äÒÕÖÎÏÀ ÔÏÌÐÏÀ - ×ÍÅÓÔÅ ÓÏ ÓËÁÍÅÅÞËÏÊ É ÓÅÍÅÞËÁÍÉ. Pleeease.....

 Vladimir A. Butenko                  Phone: +7(095) 939 3907
 STALKER GmbH                         Fax:   +7(095) 938 2136