Subject: NIH Guide, Vol l9, No. l7, April 27, l990
From: Dot Baker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 90 15:10 EST

Paul,
    This is the April 27, l990 NIH Guide.  Please post to the listserver
as:    NIHGUIDE.042790
    Thanks.    Dottie
 ---------------------------- Text of forwarded message -----------------------
     
X-comment: NIH Guide (including TOC) contained 9 pages (720 lines)
X-comment: RFAs described:  DC-90-03

     

     
NIH GUIDE - Vol. 19, No, 17, April 27, 1990

                                   NOTICES

NIH REGIONAL WORKSHOPS ON IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PHS POLICY ON
HUMANE CARE AND USE OF LABORATORY ANIMALS ................(84/121)........... 1
National Institutes of Health
Index:  NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH

REVISING THE PHS FORM 398 ................................(124/149).......... 1
Division of Research Grants
Index:  DIVISION OF RESEARCH GRANTS

                   NOTICES OF AVAILABILITY (RFPs AND RFAs)

EFFICACY OF TREATMENT OF VOICE DISORDERS (RFA DC-90-03) ..(164/227).......... 2
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
Index:  DEAFNESS, COMMUNICATION DISORDERS

                        ONGOING PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENTS

THE STUDY OF THE ETIOLOGY AND PATHOGENESIS OF INFLAMMATORY BOWEL
DISEASE (PA-90-05) .......................................(244/388).......... 3
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
Index:  DIABETES, DIGESTIVE DISEASES, KIDNEY DISEASES

PATHOGENESIS OF JOINT, MUSCLE, AND INFLAMMATORY PAIN AS RELATED TO
TEMPOROMANDIBULAR DISORDERS (PA-90-06) ...................(401/600).......... 5
National Institute of Dental Research
Index:  DENTAL RESEARCH

RESEARCH ON MENTAL DISORDERS IN RURAL POPULATIONS (PA-90-07) ..(603/659)..... 7
National Institute of Mental Health
Index:  MENTAL HEALTH

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     
     
                                   NOTICES

NIH REGIONAL WORKSHOPS ON IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PHS POLICY ON HUMANE CARE AND
USE OF LABORATORY ANIMALS
     
P.T. 42; K.W. 0201011, 1014003
     
National Institutes of Health
     
The National Institutes of Health, Office for Protection from Research Risks,
is continuing to sponsor a series of workshops on implementing the Public
Health Service Policy on the Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.  The
workshops are open to institutional administrators, members of animal care and
use committees, laboratory animal veterinarians, investigators and other
institutional staff who have responsibility for high-quality management of
sound institutional animal care and use programs.  A workshop is scheduled as
follows:
     
Date:  May 8-9, 1990
     
Location:  San Juan, Puerto Rico
     
Contact:  Susan Schwartz, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Caribbean Primate Research Center
University of Puerto Rico
Medical Science Campus
P. O. Box 1053
Sabana Seca, Puerto Rico  00749
Telephone:  (809) 784-6619 or 0322
     
For additional information, contact:
     
Mrs. Roberta Sonneborn
Executive Assistant for Animal Welfare Education
National Institutes of Health
Office for Protection from Research Risks
Building 31, Room 5B59
Bethesda, MD  20892
Telephone:  (301) 496-7163

REVISING THE PHS FORM 398
     
P.T. 34; K.W. 1014002
     
Division of Research Grants
     
An NIH committee, with representatives from other agencies in the Public
Health Service, has begun work on revising the PHS 398 Research Grant
Application Kit. The committee welcomes any suggestions or comments from the
scientific community or from other interested persons regarding ways to
improve the application kit.  Suggestions could concern items such as the page
limitations, appendix material, instructions for filling in items, structure
of the scientific proposal, abstract, use of key words, and the applicant's
professional associates and collaborators.  Other areas of concern could be
the personal data section, as well as the assurances that are requested of the
applicant or applicant organization.  Because of the interest of the
biomedical research community in this effort, the deadline for receipt of
suggestions or comments has been extended to June 1, 1990.  Please send them
to:
     
Dr. Patricia Straat
Chief of the Referral Section
Division of Research Grants
National Institutes of Health
Westwood Building, Room 248
Bethesda, MD  20892

     

     

     
     
             NIH GUIDE - Vol. 19, No. 17, April 27, 1990 - Page 1
                   NOTICES OF AVAILABILITY (RFPs AND RFAs)

EFFICACY OF TREATMENT OF VOICE DISORDERS
     
RFA AVAILABLE:  DC-90-03
     
P.T. 34; K.W. 0715055, 0710100, 0740060, 0745070
     
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
     
Application Receipt Date:  July 17, 1990
     
The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD),
through the Division of Communication Sciences and Disorders, invites
individual research grant (R01) applications which address efficacy of
treatment of voice disorders.  Three to four awards may be supported in
response to this Request for Applications (RFA).
     
BACKGROUND
     
Within the last decade, disorders of voice increasingly have become recognized
as a major health problem among persons of all ages.  The development of new
knowledge and advances in clinical delivery systems have resulted in
recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of many patients with voice impairment
and laryngeal pathology.  Advances in video recordings of the larynx have led
to improved understanding of laryngeal movement disorders.  Magnetic resonance
imaging of the larynx and pharynx has provided important information on
phonation and speech production.  In addition, many noninvasive tools have
been developed to measure voice and identify various aspects of impaired
phonation.  Advances in the diagnosis of voice disorders have occurred in such
disorders as vocal fold neoplasms, vocal fold paralysis, and other disorders
of vocal fold movement.  Nevertheless, information about the treatment of
voice disorders, and particularly on the efficacy of treatment, remains
limited.
     
In January 1989, over 200 U.S. scientists representing various specialties in
the communication sciences met to develop a research plan for the NIDCD.  One
panel of these scientists addressed research needs in voice and voice
disorders and highlighted the need for treatment studies in this area.  This
RFA seeks to address that need by encouraging research in the medical and
behavioral treatment of voice disorders, and the efficacy of such treatment.
     
Applicants are urged to give added attention, where feasible and appropriate,
to the inclusion of minorities and women in study populations.
     
MECHANISM, NUMBER OF YEARS, AND BUDGET
     
Grants in response to this RFA will be funded through the individual research
project grant (R01) mechanism.  Three to five years of support may be
requested; however, the number of years to be awarded will be recommended at
review.  Budgets should be carefully justified.  This is a one-time RFA with
plans to make three or possibly four awards in FY 1990.
     
METHOD OF APPLYING
     
Potential applicants may request additional information, copies of the
complete RFA, and guidelines for preparing an application from:
     
Judith A. Cooper, Ph.D.
Program Administrator: Speech, Voice, and Language
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
National Institutes of Health
Federal Building, Room 1C-06
7550 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD  20892
Telephone:  (301) 496-5061

     

     

     

     
             NIH GUIDE - Vol. 19, No. 17, April 27, 1990 - Page 2
                        ONGOING PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENTS

THE STUDY OF THE ETIOLOGY AND PATHOGENESIS OF INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE
     
PA:  PA-90-05
     
P.T. 34; K.W. 0715085, 0765033, 0755030, 1002019, 0710070
     
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
     
BACKGROUND
     
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
invites applications from researchers to investigate the etiology,
pathogenesis, immunophysiology, immunopharmacology, biological aspects of
nutrient metabolism and kinetics related to the underlying inflammatory
process, and the genetics of idiopathic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).  At
a workshop entitled:  "Future Directions in Inflammatory Bowel Disease", held
at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, on September 18,
1989, several experts in the field of inflammatory bowel disease presented
their latest research findings and stated that there were areas found to be
lacking in research activities.
     
IBD has been estimated to affect 500,000-2,000,000 people in the United
States, 10 percent of whom are children.  Crohn's disease occurs most
frequently between the ages of 15 and 25 and persists over the lifetime of the
individual.  Medical treatment ameliorates the symptoms but does not cure the
disease.  Surgical resection, which may be required in some of the patients,
is followed by recurrence of the disease in 60-80 percent of the cases.  The
long-term consequences of Crohn's disease as well as ulcerative colitis, which
include malabsorption, growth retardation, severe compromise of social and
sexual activities, employment and life style, and increased risk for
intestinal cancer, can be devastating.  Thus, NIDDK believes that an
intensified research effort into defining mechanisms of IBD will serve as
impetus to the eventual development of better treatment modalities.
     
Therefore, NIDDK encourages collaborative research among the multiple
disciplines of epidemiology, gastroenterology, pathology, physiology,
nutrition, immunology and immunopharmacology that will fill gaps in our
knowledge regarding the mechanisms and etiology of IBD.  Institutions that
have demonstrated experience in both clinical and basic science and that can
mount a multidisciplinary and collaborative effort will be considered most
favorably for research support.
     
The areas of research in this program could include but are not limited to:
     
  1. The genetic definition and classification of genetic markers.
     
  2. The relationship of alterations of peripheral blood lymphocyte
     function in IBD.
     
  3. Alterations in immunoglobulin synthesis and secretion.
     
  4. The roles of the complement pathway in IBD, and the role of cell
     mediators of inflammation.
     
  5. Immunophysiology of IBD:  specifically, studies concerned with (a)
     the nature of the antigens, (b) the identity and the properties of
     antigen-presenting cells, (c) characterization of intraepithelial T
     lymphocytes and (d) the role of immunosuppressive drugs in the
     management of patients with IBD.
     
  6. Alterations in the mucosal immune responses in the setting of
     intestinal inflammation.
     
  7. Nutritional research to assess malnutrition and therapeutic
     nutrition interventions as it impacts on outcome.
     
  8. Development of diagnostic criteria for IBD, as well as indices of
     disease activity.
     
  9. Epithelial cell biology in health and in inflammatory bowel
     disease.

     

             NIH GUIDE - Vol. 19, No. 17, April 27, 1990 - Page 3
MECHANISM OF SUPPORT
     
The mechanism of support for this program will be the grant-in-aid (RO1).  The
regulations (Code of the Federal Regulation, Title 42, Part 52 and, as
applicable to the state and local governments, Title 45, Part 74) and policies
which govern the research grant programs of the National Institutes of Health
will prevail.  Although this solicitation is included in the sponsoring
Institute's research plans for Fiscal Year 1991, the support for this
solicitation is contingent upon receipt of appropriated funds for this
purpose.  Since a variety of approaches would represent valid responses to
this solicitation, it is anticipated that there will be a range of costs among
individual grants awarded.  With respect to post-award administration, the
current policies and the requirements that govern the regular research grant
programs of the NIH will prevail.
     
REVIEW PROCESS
     
The initial review for scientific and technical merit will be by an
appropriate study section of the Division of Research Grants, NIH; and
secondary review will be by an advisory council.  Funding decisions will be
based upon relative scientific merit, program relevance and the availability
of appropriate funds.
     
INCLUSION OF MINORITITIES IN STUDY POPULATIONS
     
Applicants are urged to give added attention (where feasible and appropriate)
to the inclusion of minorities in study populations for research into the
etiology of diseases, research in behavioral and social sciences, clinical
studies of treatment and treatment outcomes, research on the dynamics of
health care and its impact on disease, and appropriate interventions for
disease prevention and health promotion.  If minorities are not included in a
given study, a clear rationale for their exclusion should be provided.
     
INCLUSION OF WOMEN IN STUDY POPULATIONS
     
Applicants are urged to consider the inclusion of women in the study
populations for all clinical research efforts.  Exceptions would be studies of
diseases which exclusively affect males or where involvement of pregnant women
may expose the fetus to undue risks.  Gender differences should be noted and
evaluated.  If women are not to be included, a clear rationale should be
provided for their exclusion.
     
APPLICATION PROCEDURES
     
Applications should be submitted on form PHS 398 (rev.  10/88) which is
available in the business or Grants and Contracts Office of most research and
academic institutions.  In item #2 on the face page of the application, the
word "yes" should be checked and the phrase, "NIDDK:  Etiology and
Pathogenesis of Inflammatory Bowel Disease PA-90-05" should be inserted.
     
The original and 6 copies of the application should be sent or delivered to:
     
Application Receipt Office
Division of Research Grants
National Institutes of Health
Westwood Building, Room 240
Bethesda, MD  20892**
     
For further information concerning the announcement and mechanisms of support,
research investigators are encouraged to contact:
     
Frank A. Hamilton, M.D., MPH         Joseph Albright, Ph.D.
Director                             Chief, Basic Immunology Program
Gastrointestinal Mucosal             Westwood Room 757
  and Immunology Program             Bethesda, MD  20892
Westwood Building, Room 3A16         Telephone:  (301) 496-7551
Bethesda, MD  20892
Telephone:  (301) 496-7821

     

     

     

             NIH GUIDE - Vol. 19, No. 17, April 27, 1990 - Page 4
PATHOGENESIS OF JOINT, MUSCLE, AND INFLAMMATORY PAIN AS RELATED TO
TEMPOROMANDIBULAR DISORDERS
     
PA:  PA-90-06
     
P.T. 34; K.W. 0715148, 0715150, 0765033, 0785055, 0715026, 0745020, 0745027
     
National Institute of Dental Research
     
The Craniofacial Anomalies, Pain Control and Behavioral Research Branch of the
National Institute of Dental Research (NIDR) supports studies on the
pathogenesis, epidemiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of dental and
craniofacial pain.  Improved understanding of neurobiological processes
involved in transmission and modulation of acute dental pain, and of the
behavioral factors which influence pain, has led to more effective prevention
and control of acute pain.  This announcement aims to stimulate corresponding
progress regarding chronic pain through:
     
  o  clarifying the etiological factors underlying chronic orofacial
     pain conditions, with particular emphasis on pain conditions
     involving the temporomandibular (jaw) joint and/or facial or jaw
     muscles.
     
  o  increasing understanding of fundamental processes, such as
     inflammation, which influence the development and chronicity of
     musculoskeletal pain.
     
BACKGROUND
     
Despite impressive gains over the past decade in understanding neural and
biological processes underlying acute, cutaneous pain, less attention has been
directed toward understanding biological and behavioral factors influencing
transmission and modulation of pain from "deeper" tissues (e.g., muscle,
skeletal joints, and the viscera).  This is unfortunate because most
persistent or chronic clinical pain problems involve non-cutaneous tissues.
Also, deep tissue and cutaneous pain differ in a number of important ways.
For example, deep tissue pain is often more difficult to localize, more
subject to referral to other body regions, and typically generates greater
emotional or affective distress.  This affective component appears linked to
recently characterized ascending spinomesencephalic and spinohypothalamic
pathways, which have been found to converge on neural sites known to mediate
affective responses.  These ascending pathways appear to act in concert with
ascending spinothalamic pathways long recognized to transmit sensory aspects
of nociceptive stimuli.
     
A type of "deep tissue" pain of unique interest to dentistry is experienced in
the jaw joint, and surrounding masticatory and facial muscles.  Now referred
to as temporomandibular disorders (TMD), this terminology encompasses several
distinct disorders differing in etiology, response to therapies, and clinical
course.  Basic research on the pathogenesis of these conditions requires
improved understanding of factors influencing joint, muscle, and inflammatory
pain.  In addition, research is needed to clarify the etiologies of the
different jaw-related disorders included under the TMD rubric.
     
This research is ultimately expected to improve dentistry's capability to
provide rational, effective management for these perplexing, relatively
prevalent orofacial pain conditions.  (Studies indicate that over 10 percent
of the adult population may experience recurrent jaw pain; for some
individuals jaw pain/dysfunction can become severely disabling.) This research
initiative also may contribute toward improved understanding of other
pain-producing disease processes involving joints, muscle, or inflammation,
(e.g., rheumatoid arthritis, degenerative joint disease, low back pain).
     
OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE
     
The NIDR provides support for research to increase understanding of processes
controlling pain and other sensory functions in teeth and surrounding
orofacial structures.  Recent advisory groups have specifically recommended an
expansion of research on chronic orofacial pain conditions with particular
emphasis on the pathogenesis of chronic pain disorders such as TMD.  These
recommendations emerge from a recognition that new research approaches from
diverse fields (e.g., neurophysiology, immunocytochemistry, molecular biology)
and improved animal models for chronic pain have enhanced opportunities for
rapid progress.  They also reflect concern that limited fundamental knowledge
concerning TMD-related conditions provides an insufficient scientific base to
guide clinical research and dental practice.

     
             NIH GUIDE - Vol. 19, No. 17, April 27, 1990 - Page 5
The following examples illustrate potential research topics falling within the
scope of this announcement:
     
  o  assess central and peripheral neural correlates of TMD, evaluating
     neurochemical mechanisms related to the development, maintenance,
     or exacerbation of facial and jaw pain; characterize the
     neurochemical mediators and processes involved in chronic or
     recurrent orofacial pain states, utilizing as needed
     immunocytochemistry, cell biology and molecular biology approaches;
     
  o  clarify the roles of structural or histopathological changes in the
     temporomandibular (jaw) joint related to the development or
     progression of chronic orofacial pain conditions; identify
     mechanisms through which transmission or modulation of nociceptive
     inputs are influenced by degenerative changes or altered structures
     or functioning within the temporomandibular joint;
     
  o  identify histopathological changes associated with chronic muscle
     hyperactivity or spasm and their role in the development of jaw
     muscle pain; identify processes underlying pain referral in the
     orofacial region, as related to chronic pain states;
     
  o  characterize pathophysiological mechanisms underlying the exquisite
     muscle tenderness seen in myofascial pain; clarify the
     characteristics and significance of "trigger points" or
     inflammatory processes in masticatory muscles as these relate to
     the development or maintenance of chronic orofacial pain;
     
  o  assess the significance of environmental or psychosocial stressors
     and of oral habits (e.g., bruxism) in the development of
     masticatory muscle or temporomandibular joint pathology, or in the
     initiation or exacerbation of facial or jaw pain;
     
  o  clarify neurochemical or behavioral correlates of depression
     related to the initiation or exacerbation of TMD.
     
  o  characterize inflammatory processes as these impact on
     sensitization of nociceptors, exacerbation of pain responsivity, or
     pathophysiological changes in joint or muscle.
     
It should be recognized that the above list is neither comprehensive nor
exclusive and that potential topics are not presented in priority order.
Biological or behavioral research on other topics related to chronic pain
conditions seen in the jaw joint, masticatory, or facial muscles may receive
support.
     
MECHANISMS OF SUPPORT
     
Support mechanisms which can be utilized include the traditional research
project grant (R01), the First Independent Research Support and Transition
(FIRST) award (R29), the small grant (R03), the postdoctoral individual
fellowship (F32) and senior fellowship (F33) awards, and career development
awards which include the Modified Research Career Development Award (K04), the
Physician Scientist for Dentist Award (K11), and the Individual Dentist
Scientist Award (K15).  Required application forms are available in the
business or grants and contracts offices of most academic and research
institutions or may be obtained from:
     
Office of Grants Inquiries
Division of Research Grants
Westwood Building, Room 449
National Institutes of Health
Bethesda, MD  20892-4500
Telephone:  (301) 496-7441
     
INCLUSION OF FEMALES AND MINORITIES IN STUDY POPULATIONS
     
Applicants are urged to consider the inclusion of females and minorities in
study populations for any clinical research efforts proposed.  Gender or
racial differences should be noted and evaluated.  If females or minorities
are not to be included, a clear rationale should be provided for their
exclusion.
     
APPLICATION AND REVIEW PROCEDURES
     
Applications will be accepted on an indefinite basis on receipt dates
specified in the pertinent application kits.  Applications will be reviewed in
accordance with usual National Institutes of Health peer review procedures.
     
             NIH GUIDE - Vol. 19, No. 17, April 27, 1990 - Page 6
Initial review for scientific/ technical merit will be conducted by an
appropriate study section within the NIH Division of Research Grants or the
NIDR.  An appropriate National Advisory Council will provide secondary review.
Funding decisions will be based upon relative scientific merit, program
relevance, and availability of appropriated funds.
     
On the first (face) page, item 2, of the application form PHS 398 (rev.
10/88), the word "Yes" should be checked and the phrase "NIDR PA-90-06:
PATHOGENESIS OF JOINT, MUSCLE, AND INFLAMMATORY PAIN" should be typed in the
space provided.  For fellowship applications, the same phrase should be typed
on line 3 of the face page of form PHS 416-1 (rev.  7/88).  Except for small
grant applications, which must be submitted directly to the NIDR Scientific
Review Branch (Westwood Building, Room 519), an original and six copies of the
application should be sent or delivered to:
     
Grant Application Receipt Office
Division of Research Grants
National Institutes of Health
Westwood Building, Room 240
Bethesda, MD  20892-4500**
     
For further information concerning this announcement and available mechanisms
of support, applicants may contact:
     
Patricia S. Bryant, Ph.D.
Health Scientist Administrator
Craniofacial Anomalies, Pain Control
  and Behavioral Research Branch
Extramural Program
National Institute of Dental Research
Westwood Building, Room 506
Bethesda, MD  20892-4500
Telephone:  (301) 496-7808
     
This program is described in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance No.
13.1212.  Awards will be made under authorization of the Public Health Service
Act, Title III, Section 301 (Public Law 78-410, as amended; 42 USC 241) and
administered under PHS grant policies and Federal Regulations 42 CFR Part 52
and 45 CFR Part 74.  This program is not subject to the intergovernmental
review requirements of Executive Order 12372 or Health Systems Agency review.

RESEARCH ON MENTAL DISORDERS IN RURAL POPULATIONS
     
PA:  PA-90-07
     
P.T. 34; K.W. 0715129, 0715195, 0411005
     
National Institute of Mental Health
     
The purpose of this announcement is to stimulate research on mental disorders
in Americans living in rural areas, to increase understanding of the major
mental health problems and risks associated with rural life, to identify ways
that the incidence and prevalence can be assessed and perhaps lowered, and to
determine ways to organize effective services into an integrated system to be
delivered economically in rural areas.
     
Applications may be submitted by any nonprofit or for-profit organization,
including State and local governments.  Women and minority investigators are
especially encouraged to apply.
     
Support for research that does not include funds for demonstration services
may be requested through applications for a regular reseach grant (RO1), small
grant (RO3), First Independent Research Support and Transition (FIRST) Award
(R29), or center grant (P50).  Support for research demonstrations that
include funds for services may be requested through applications for research
demonstration grants (R18).
     
Applicants are urged to give added attention (where feasible and appropriate)
to the inclusion of minorities in study populations for research into the
etiology of diseases, research in behavioral and social sciences, clinical
studies of treatment and treatment outcome, research on the dynamics of health
care and its impact on disease, and appropriate interventions for disease
prevention and promotion.  If minorities are not included in any given study,
a clear rationale for their exclusion should be provided.

     
     
             NIH GUIDE - Vol. 19, No. 17, April 27, 1990 - Page 7
Applicants are urged to consider the inclusion of women in the study
populations for all clinical research efforts.  If women are not to be
included, a clear rationale for their exclusion should be provided.
     
To qualify for fiscal year 1990 funding, applications must be submitted for
the receipt date of June 1, 1990, and be complete at the time of submission.
In subsequent years, the regular receipt and review dates will apply.
     
For further information, potential applicants should contact:
     
Ann A. Hohmann, Ph.D., M.P.H.
or
Charles Windle, Ph.D.
Division of Biometry and Applied Sciences, NIMH
Biometric and Clinical Applications Branch
Room 18-14, 5600 Fishers Lane
Rockville, MD  20857
Telephone:  Dr. Hohmann (301) 443-3364
Telephone:  Dr. Windle (301) 443-4233

**THE MAILING ADDRESS GIVEN FOR SENDING APPLICATIONS TO THE DIVISION OF
RESEARCH GRANTS OR CONTACTING PROGRAM STAFF IN THE WESTWOOD BUILDING IS THE
CENTRAL MAILING ADDRESS FOR THE NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH.  APPLICANTS WHO
USE EXPRESS MAIL OR A COURIER SERVICE ARE ADVISED TO FOLLOW THE CARRIER'S
REQUIREMENTS FOR SHOWING A STREET ADDRESS.  THE ADDRESS FOR THE WESTWOOD
BUILDING IS:
     
5333 Westbard Avenue
Bethesda, Maryland 20816

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     
     
             NIH GUIDE - Vol. 19, No. 17, April 27, 1990 - Page 8