Subject: April Bulletin - BBS Dates
From: Dot Baker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 91 09:12 EST

Hi Paul,
  Please post this to the listserver as:
      NSFBBSDATES.910401
                        Dottie
 ---------------------------- Text of forwarded message -----------------------

Program Deadlines and Target Dates for Proposals
 
The following listing gives key dates on which grant proposals
are due at NSF for the next three months.  The dates listed are
subject to change.  Further information is available from the NSF
staff members listed for each entry.  Brochures indicated in
parentheses may be requested on the Publications Order Form
(paper version), unless otherwise indicated.  The number and
letter codes after some announcements refer to listings in the
publication Keyword Thesaurus.  They are used by the research
management offices of colleges and universities to target NSF
Bulletin information to potential users.

Program Deadlines:  Unless otherwise stated in announcements or
solicitations, proposals postmarked after these cutoff dates
generally will be returned to the proposer.
 
Target Dates:  Unless otherwise stated in announcements or
solicitations, proposals postmarked after these cutoff dates will
be reviewed, although they may miss a particular panel meeting.
 
                            * * * * *
 
NSF programs not listed under "program deadlines" and "target
dates" will accept proposals any time of the year.  It takes
approximately six months to process a proposal.
 
                            * * * * *
 
         BBS Biological, Behavioral, and Social Sciences
                           *CFDA #47.051
 
PROGRAM DEADLINES:
 
April 15, 1991--
 
Biological Field Stations and Marine Laboratories.  Contact Dr.
David Schindel, Division of Instrumentation and Resources (357-
7652).  [P.T.34; K.W.1008000].
 
TARGET DATES:
 
May 1, 1991--
 
Ethics and Values Studies in Science, Technology and Society.
Preliminary proposals.  (Brochure NSF 89-8)  Dr. Vivian Weil,
Division of Instrumentation and Resources (357-9894).
[P.T.34,42; K.W.1000000,0600000,0400000].
 
Instrumentation and Instrument Development.  (Brochure NSF 89-
119)  Dr. Robley Light, Division of Instrumentation and
Resources (357-7652).  [P.T.18; K.W.1002004,1002008,1002034].
 
June 1, 1991--
 
Biochemistry.  (Brochure NSF 89-75)  Dr. Marcia Steinberg or Dr.
Todd Martensen, Division of Molecular Biosciences (357-7945).
[P.T.34; K.W.1002008].
 
Biophysics.  (Brochure NSF 89-75)  Dr. Arthur Kowalsky or Dr.
Kamal Shukla, Division of Molecular Biosciences (357-7777).
[P.T.34; K.W.1002008].
 
Cell Biology.  (Brochure NSF 89-106)  Dr. Maryanna Henkart, Dr.
Eve Barak or Dr. Rosanne Hoffmann; Division of Cellular
Biosciences (357-7474). [P.T.34; K.W.1003002].
 
Cellular Biochemistry.  (Brochure NSF 89-106)  Dr. Edward
Leadbetter or Dr. William Pengelly; Division of Cellular
Biosciences (357-7987).  [P.T.34; K.W.1002000].
 
Developmental Biology.  (Brochure NSF 89-106)  Dr. Thomas Brady
or Dr. Judith Plesset, Division of Cellular Biosciences (357-
7989). [P.T.34; K.W.1003002].
 
Genetics.  (Brochure NSF 89-75)  Dr. DeLill Nasser (357-0112),
Dr. Phillip Harriman (357-9687), Division of Molecular
Biosciences.  [P.T.34; K.W.1002008,1002019].
 
Physiological Processes.  (Brochure NSF 89-106)  Dr. Ronald
Alvarado, Dr. Elvira Doman, or Dr. Barbara Zain; Division of
Cellular Biosciences (357-7975). [P.T.34; K.W.1002010].
 
June 15, 1991--
 
Ecology.  (Brochure NSF 86-20)  Dr. Jim Reichman, Division of
Biotic Systems and Resources (357-9734).  [P.T.34; K.W.1002016].
 
Ecosystem Studies.  (Brochure NSF 86-20)  Dr. James Schindler or
Dr. James Callahan, Division of Biotic Systems and Resources
(357-9596).    [P.T.34; K.W.1002016].
 
Population Biology and Physiological Ecology.  (Brochure NSF 86-
20)  Dr. Carol Lynch or Dr. Mark Courtney, Division of Biotic
Systems and Resources (357-9728).    [P.T.34; K.W.0413004].
 
Systematic Biology.  (Brochure NSF 86-20)  Dr. Terry Yates, Dr.
James Estes, or Dr. Michael Ivie, Division of Biotic Systems and
Resources (357-9588).  [P.T.34; K.W.1002011].