Subject: NSF May Bulletin - GEO and STIA Dates
From: Dot Baker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 91 08:38 EST

Good Morning Paul,
   Please post this to the NIH Listserver as:
    NSFBULLETIN2.910501
     Thanks.   Dottie
 ---------------------------- Text of forwarded message -----------------------
 
                        GEO  Geosciences
                          CFDA #47.050

PROGRAM DEADLINES:
 
June 1, 1991--
 
U.S. Antarctic Research.  For field work in the 1992-1993 austral
summer or in the 1992 winter or for research not involving field
work beginning as early as January 1992.  Antarctic proposal
preparation kit must be used.  Brochure is available from
Division of Polar Programs (357-7817). [P.T.34; LOC.0102000;
K.W.1000000,0600000.]
 
Division of Earth Sciences.  Descriptions of Programs are
contained in Earth Sciences Research and NSF, brochure NSF 90-20.
[P.T.34; K.W.1005000.]
 
     Continental Dynamics.  Dr. Leonard Johnson (357-7721).
     Geology and Paleontology.  Dr. John Maccini (357-7866) and
     Dr. Patricia Kelley (357-7806).
     Geophysics.  Dr. Michael Mayhew (357-7355) and Dr. James
          Whitcomb (357-7356).
     Instrumentation and Facilities.  Dr. Daniel Weill (357-
     7807).
     Petrology and Geochemistry.  Dr. John Snyder and Dr. Guy
     Hovis (357-7916).
     Tectonics Program.  Dr. Thomas Wright and Dr. Carol Simpson
          (357-7355).
 
Research on the Terrestrial and Limnetic Ecosystems in Antarctica (a
joint NSF/NASA program).  (Brochure NSF 90-140)  Contact Dr. Roger
Hanson, Division of Polar Programs (357-7894).  [P.T. 34;
K.W.0102000,1230020.]
 
TARGET DATES:
 
May 1, 1991--
 
Biological Oceanography, Chemical Oceanography, Marine Geology and
Geophysics, Physical Oceanography.  Dr. Michael Reeve, Division of
Ocean Sciences (357-7924). [P.T.34; K.W.1008000.]
 
Ocean Drilling Program, U.S. Science.  Dr. Bruce Malfait, Division of
Ocean Sciences (357-9848).  [P.T.34; K.W.1008000.]
 
Ocean Sciences Instrumentation Development. Mr. H. Lawrence Clark,
Division of Ocean Sciences (357-7362).  [P.T.34; K.W.1008000.]
 
Climate Dynamics.  Dr. Jay Fein, Division of Atmospheric Sciences
(357-9892).  [P.T.34; K.W.1001000.]
 
July 1, 1991--
 
Division of Atmospheric Sciences.  Research proposals that require
National Center for Atmospheric Research or University-based national
facilities for the period October 1, 1991, through April 1, 1992.
Contact Dr. Cliff Jacobs (357-9889).  [P.T.34; K.W.1001010.]
 
                              * * * * *
 
     STIA  Scientific, Technological, and International Affairs
                            CFDA #47.053
 
PROGRAM DEADLINES:
May 1, 1991--
 
U.S.-France Cooperative Science.  (Brochure NSF 88-15)  Proposals for
cooperative research projects and joint workshops/seminars.  Contact
Ms. Christine Glenday,  Division of International Programs (357-
7554).  [P.T.34,42,48; K.W.1000000,0400000.]
 
U.S.-Latin America Cooperative Science Programs.  Cooperative
Research (partial support), bilateral workshops and scientific
visits.  Foreign collaborator must submit a parallel proposal to
counterpart agency.
 
     U.S.-Argentina Cooperative Science.
     U.S.-Brazil Cooperative Science.
     Dr. David Kelland (357-9564).
 
     U.S.-Mexico Cooperative Science.
     U.S.-Venezuela Cooperative Science.
     Dr. Harold Stolberg and Dr. David Kelland (357-9564).
  Division of International Programs.  [P.T. 34,42,48;
K.W.0400000,0600000,1000000.]
 
May 15, 1991--
 
U.S.-Japan Cooperative Science Program and U.S.-Japan Program of
Cooperation in Photoconversion and Photosynthesis.  (Brochure NSF
90-144)  Annual deadline; proposals for travel to support
cooperative research and joint seminar activities.  Contact Japan
Program, NSF, Room 1214, Washington, D.C. 20550 or, via E-mail,
[email-masked] (Internet) or NSFJinfo@nsf (Bitnet).  [P.T.
34,42,48; Loc.0112070; K.W. 1002033,1003003.]
 
June 17, 1991--
 
Small Business Innovation Research.  (Solicitation NSF 91-20)
Contact Division of Industrial Science and Technological Innovation,
Ms. Laverne Flurry (357-9666). [P.T.34; K.W.0901043.]
 
July 1, 1991--
 
U.S.-New Zealand Cooperative Science Program.  Annual deadline for
joint research, short-term visits, and seminars.  Contact Dr. Carole
Ganz, Division of International Programs (357-9564). [P.T.34,42;
K.W.0112097.]
 
July 15, 1991--
 
U.S.-Taiwan Cooperative Science Program.  Proposals for cooperative
research projects and joint workshop seminars.  Contact Dr. William
Y.B. Chang, Division of International Programs (357-7393).
[K.W.0112133.]

TARGET DATES:
 
May 1, 1991--
 
U.S.-Eastern European Cooperative Science.  (Brochure NSF 81-27)
Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Poland, and Romania cooperative
research projects and bilateral workshops.  Ms. Bonnie Thompson,
Division of International Programs (357-7494). [K.W.0104002.]
 
June 1, 1991--
 
Long-term Research Opportunities in Japan.  (Brochure NSF 90-144)
U.S. researchers can visit Japanese government, university, and
industrial laboratories for six to 24 months.  Contact Japan Program,
NSF, Room 1214, Washington, D.C. 20550 or, via E-mail,
[email-masked] (Internet) or NSFJinfo@nsf (Bitnet).  [P.T.34;
Loc.0112070.]