Subject: June/July/August Bulletin-Announcements, cont.
From: Dot Baker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 91 08:19 EST

Hi Paul,
   This is Part 2 of the NSF bulletin.  Please post this to the
NIH Listserver as: NSFBULLETIN2.910601
      Thanks.
            Dottie
 ---------------------------- Text of forwarded message -----------------------
Subject: June/July/August Bulletin-Announcements, cont.
 
Vacancy Hotline Service
 
     NSF has a Vacancy Hotline listing all current vacancies.
The Hotline number locally is 357-7735, outside the D.C.
metropolitan area call 1-800-628-1487.
 
                           * * * * *
 
STAFF CHANGES
 
     George Hazelrigg to Deputy Director, Division of Electrical
and Communications Systems, 357-9618.
 
     Madeleine Long to Program Director, Presidential Awards for
Excellence in Science and Mathematics Teaching, Division of
Teacher Preparation and Enhancement, 357-7073.
 
     Gustav-Adolf Paffenhofer to Associate Program Director,
Biological Oceanography Program, Division of Ocean Sciences, 357-
9600.
 
     Charles R. Puglia to Director, Division of Teacher
Preparation and Enhancement, 357-7073.

June, July, August 1991 Publications
 
     Before ordering printed copies of brochures, please try
NSF's new online publishing service called STIS, the Science and
Technology Information System -- it's fast and it's free.  With
only a personal computer and a modem, or access to Internet, you
can download immediately, print or view the Guide to Programs,
Grants for Research and Education in Science and Engineering,
the Bulletin, the NSF Phone Book, and other NSF publications.
Many program announcements and abstracts are coming online,
too.  To access the system, follow the instructions on the STIS
card on page 6 of the paper Bulletin or order an electronic
copy of the STIS instruction flyer (Brochure NSF 91-10) from
[email-masked] (Internet).
 
     Publications may also be ordered electronically through
access to either BITNET or Internet. Internet users should send
requests to "[email-masked]."  BITNET users should address requests
to "pubs@NSF."  Requests must include the NSF publication number
and title, number of copies needed, your name, and a complete
mailing address.
 
     Publications will be mailed within two days of receipt of
request.
 
Program Deadlines and Target Dates for Proposals
 
Program Deadlines:  Unless otherwise stated in announcements or
solicitations, proposals postmarked after these cutoff dates
generally will be returned to the proposer.
 
Target Dates:  Unless otherwise stated in announcements or
solicitations, proposals postmarked after these cutoff dates will
be reviewed, although they may miss a particular panel meeting.
 
     NSF programs not listed under "program deadlines" and
"target dates" will accept proposals any time of the year.  It
takes approximately six months to process a proposal.