Subject: September Bulletin Part 2
From: Dot Baker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 91 12:13 EST

Hi Paul,
This is the 2nd part of the NSF Bulletin for 910901.  Please post
to the Listserver as:
NSFBulletin2.910901
Thanks for your help.
            M. G. Broaddus
 ---------------------------- Text of forwarded message -----------------------

Program Deadlines and Target Dates for Proposals
 
     The following listing gives key dates on which grant proposals
are due at NSF for the next three months. The dates listed are
subject to change. Further information is available from the NSF
staff members listed for each entry. Brochures indicated in
parentheses may be requested on the Publications Order Form, unless
otherwise indicated. The number and letter codes after some
announcements refer to listings in the publication Keyword
Thesaurus. They are used by the research management offices of
colleges and universities to target NSF Bulletin information to
potential users.

Program Deadlines: Unless otherwise stated in announcements or
solicitations, proposals postmarked after these cutoff dates
generally will be returned to the proposer.
 
Target Dates: Unless otherwise stated in announcements or
solicitations, proposals postmarked after these cutoff dates will
be reviewed, although they may miss a particular panel meeting.
 
                            * * * * *
 
     NSF programs not listed under "program deadlines" and
"target dates" will accept proposals any time of the year. It
takes approximately six months to process a proposal.
               * * * * *
 
BBS  Biological, Behavioral, and Social
     Sciences
                           *CFDA #47.051
 
PROGRAM DEADLINES:
 
October 1, 1991--
 
     Minority Graduate Student Travel Award.  (Brochure NSF
90-53.) Dr. Thomas Quarles, division of Instrumentation and
Resources (357-9880). [P.T.22, F.F.34, K.W.1002000,- 04000000.]
 
October 15, 1991--
 
     Sociology. Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Awards.
(Brochure NSF 89-32.) Dr.  Annemette Sorensen or Ms. Sara
Nerlove, Division of Social and Economic Science (357- 7802).
[P.T.34,40; K.W.04000000,04080000,1007001,0785110.]
 
November 1, 1991--
 
     Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Environmental
Biology. (Brochure NSF 90-67.)  Dr. Joann Roskoski, Division of
Biotic Systems and Resources (357-7332). [P.T. 22; K.W.
1007001.]
 
     Mid-Career Fellowship Opportunities in Environmental
Biology. (Brochure NSF 90-65.)  Dr. Joann Roskoski, Division of
Biotic Systems and Resources (357-7332). [P.T.22; K.W.1007001.]
 
NSF 90-53.) Dr. Thomas Quarles, Division of Instrumentation and
Resources (357-9880). [F.F.; P.T.22,34; K.W.  1002000.]
 
     Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Plant Biology.
(Brochure NSF 91-63.) Contact Dr. Machi Dilworth (357-7652).
[P.T.22; K.W.1002040.]
 
November 3, 1991--
 
     BBS Research Training Groups Program.  Preproposals.
(Brochure NSF 89-91.) Dr.  Gerald Selzer, Division of
Instrumentation and Resources (357-7652). [P.T.44; K.W.0901072.]
 
TARGET DATES:
 
September 1, 1991--
 
     Doctoral Dissertation Research in Biotic Systems and
Resources. (Brochure NSF 89-32.)  Mrs. Elizabeth Behrens,
Division of Biotic Systems and Resources (357-9596). [P.T.34,40;
K.W.04000000,04080000,1007001,0785110.]
 
September 29, 1991--
 
     Conservation and Restoration Biology.  (Brochure 90-66.)
Dr. Joann Roskoski, Division of Biotic Systems and Resources
(357-7332). [P.T.34;
K.W.1002004,1002005,1002016,1230025,0400000.  ]
 
October 31, 1991--
 
     Archaeometry Competition. (Brochure NSF 88-62.) Dr. John
Yellen, Division of Behavioral and Neural Sciences (357-7804).
[K.W.0404000.]
 
November 1, 1991--
 
     Ethics and Values Studies. Preliminary proposals.
(Brochure NSF 89-8.) Dr. Rachelle Hollander, Division of
Instrumentation and Resources (357-9894). [P.T.34,42;
K.W.1000000,0600000,0400000.]
 
     Instrumentation and Instrument Develop- ment. (Brochure
NSF 89-119.) Dr. Robley Light, Division of Instrumentation and
Resources (357-7652). [P.T.18; K.W.1002004,1002008,1002034.]
 
- ---------- *CFDA = Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance,
issued annually by the Office of Management and Budget and
available from the Government Printing Office (783-3238).

CISE Computer and Information Science
          and Engineering
                                CFDA #47.070
 
PROGRAM DEADLINES:
 
September 16, 1991--
 
     CISE Institutional Infrastructure Program. Limited to U.S.
institutions with Ph.D. degree-granting departments that have
research programs in areas of computer science, information
science, or computer engineering supported in the CISE direc-
torate. (Brochure NSF 90-64.) Dr. John Cherniavsky or Dr. Harry
Hedges, Office of Cross-Disciplinary Activities (357-7349). Net
Addresses: [email-masked], or [email-masked] gov. [P.T.34;
K.W.1004000.]
 
TARGET DATES:
 
November 1, 1991--
 
     Circuits and Signal Processing. Dr. John Cozzens, Division
of Microelectronic Information Processing Systems (357-7853).
 
     Theory of Computing. Dr. Dana Richards, Division of
Computer and Computation Research (357-7375). Net Address:
[email-masked].
 
     Computer Systems. Dr. Zeke Zalcstein, Division of Computer
and Computation Research (357-1184). NETaddress:
[email-masked].
 
     Database and Expert Systems. Dr. Maria Zemankova,
Information Robotics and Intelligent Systems (357-9570).
NETaddress:  [email-masked].
 
     Design, Tools and Test. Dr. Robert Grafton, Division of
Microelectronic Information Processing Systems (357-7853).
NETaddress: [email-masked]. [P.T.1004017.]
 
     Experimental Systems. Dr. Gerald Maguire, Division of
Microelectronic Information Processing Systems (357-7853).
NETaddress: [email-masked]. [P.T.1004017.]
 
     Information Technology and Organizations. Dr. Larry
Rosenberg, Division of Information Robotics and Intelligent
Systems (357-9592). NETaddress:  [email-masked].
[P.T.1004017.]
 
     Interactive Systems. Dr. John Hestenes, Division of
Information Robotics and Intelligent Systems (357-9554).
[P.T.1004017.] NETaddress: [email-masked].
 
     Knowledge Models and Cognitive Systems.  Dr. Helen Gigley,
Division of Information Robotics and Intelligent Systems
(357-9569).  NETaddress: [email-masked]. [P.T.1004017.]
 
     Microelectronic Systems Architecture.  Dr. Pen-Chung Yew,
Division of Microelectronic Information Processing Systems
(357-7853). [P.T.1004017.]
 
     NSFNET Program. (Brochure NSF 90-7.)  Connections to
NSFNET. Contact Mr. Daniel VanBelleghem, Division of Networking
and Communications Research and Infrastructure (357-9717).
Internet: [email-masked] [P.T.18,36;
K.W.1004000,1004001,0901011,1014- 001.]
 
     Numeric, Symbolic, and Geometric Computation. Dr. Kamal
Abdali, Division of Computer and Computation Research
(357-7349).  NETaddress: [email-masked].
 
     Operating Systems and System Software.  Dr. Nat Macon,
Division of Computer and Computation Research (357-7345).
NETaddress:  [email-masked].
 
     Robotics and Machine Intelligence. Dr.  Howard Moraff,
Division of Information Robotics and Intelligent Systems
(357-9586).  [P.T.1004017.] NETaddress: [email-masked].
 
     Programming Languages and Compilers. Dr.  Nat Macon,
Division of Computer and Computation Research (357-7345).
NETaddress:  [email-masked].
 
     Software Engineering. Dr. Nat Macon, Division of Computer
and Computation Research (357-7375). NETaddress: [email-masked].
 
     Systems Prototyping and Fabrication.  Vacant. Division of
Microelectronic Information Processing Systems (357-7853).

EHR  Education and Human Resources
 
             CFDA #47.009, 47.066-69, 47.071
 
PROGRAM DEADLINES:
 
September 16, 1991--
 
     Undergraduate Course and Curriculum Development (Brochure
NSF 91-50.) Dr. William Rauckhorst, Division of Undergraduate
Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Education (357-7051).
[K.W.050203,0502023,0502042.]
 
October 15, 1991--
 
     Statewide Systemic Initiatives in Science, Mathematics,
and Engineering Education. (Brochure NSF 90-47.) Contact Dr.
Janice Earle or Dr. Peirce Hammond (357- 7751).
[K.W.0502036,0502031,0502023,0502042.]
 
November 2, 1991--
 
 NATO Postdoctoral Fellowships in Science and Engineering.
(Brochure NSF 90-90.) Dr.  Michael Frodyma, Division of
Research Career Development (357-9466). [P.T.22;
K.W.1013000,1002000,10100000,0600000,040000, ,0309008.]
 
November 8, 1991--
 
 Graduate Research Fellowships. (Brochure NSF 91-72.) Dr. Susan
Sherman, Division of Research Career Development (357-7856). For
copies of the announcement and application materials contact
the Fellowship Office, National Research Council, 2101
Constitution Ave., Wash., DC 20418 (334-2872). [P.T.22.]
 
     Minority Graduate Research Fellowships.  (Brochure NSF
91-73.) Dr. Susan Sherman, Division of Research Career
Development (357- 7856). For copies of the announcement and
application materials, contact the Fellowship Office, National
Research Council, 2101 Constitution Ave., Wash., DC 20418 (334-
2872). [F.F.; P.T.22.]
 
November 15, 1991--
 
     Instrumentation and Laboratory Improvement. Brochure NSF
91-84.) Contact Dr.  Duncan McBride, Division of Undergraduate
Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Education (357-7051).
[K.W.0502031,0502023.]
 
     Leadership Projects in Laboratory Development.
Instrumentation and Laboratory Improvement (ILI) Program.
(Brochure NSF 91- 84.) Pilot projects in laboratory
development. Proposers are strongly encouraged to contact an
ILI Program Director before preparing a proposal, and proposals
must be preceded by a letter describing plans. Contact a
Program Director, Division of Undergraduate Science,
Engineering, and Mathematics Education (357-7051); [P.T.14;
K.W.0500000.]
 
     Visiting Professorships for Women (VPW).  (Brochure NSF
90-42.) Program requires that the applicant have a Ph.D. in a
field of research supported by NSF and not hold a salaried
position, or the promise of one, at the proposed host
institution. Ms. Lola Rogers, Division of Human Resource
Development (357-7734). [P.T.06,11;
K.W.0400000,1010000,1004000.]
 
TARGET DATES:
 
September 1, 1991--
 
     Applications for Advanced Technologies.  Preliminary
proposals required. (Brochure NSF 88-29.) Contact Dr. Andrew
Molnar, Division of Materials Development, Research and
Informal Science Education (357-7064).
[K.W.0502031,0503003,0503016.]
 
September 15, 1991--
 
 Research in Teaching and Learning.  Preliminary proposals
required. (Brochure NSF 88-29.) Dr. Raymond Hannapel or Mrs.
Beverly Hunter, Division of Materials Development, Research and
Informal Science Education (357- 7071). [P.T. 34;
K.W.0502031,0503003,0503016.]
 
October 15, 1991--
 
     Teacher Preparation. (Brochure NSF 87- 10.) Dr. Miriam
Leiva, Division of Teacher Preparation and Enhancement
(357-7078).  [K.W. 0502036,0504000.]
 
November 15, 1991--
 
     Instructional Materials Development.  Preliminary
proposals required. (Brochure NSF 88-29.) Contact Ms. Alice
Moses, Mr. Jerry Theise, Dr. Christian Hirsch, Dr. Gerhard
Salinger, Dr. Frank Sutman, Dr. Joseph Adney, Dr. Donald
Humphreys, Division of Materials Development, Research and
Informal Science Education (357-7066).
[K.W.0502031;0503003;0503016.]
 
end part 2