Subject: NSF Bulletin - Proposal Submission - EHR
From: Dot Baker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 90 14:45 EST

Hi Paul,
   Another posting for the NIH Listserver.
  Please post as:   NSFBULLETIN3.103090
     Thanks.  Dottie
 ---------------------------- Text of forwarded message -----------------------
Subject: NSF Bulletin - Proposal Submission - EHR
               EHR - Education and Human Resources
                 CFDA #47.009, 47.066-69, 47.071
 
PROGRAM DEADLINES:
 
November 3, 1990--
     NATO Postdoctoral Fellowships in Science and Engineering.
(Brochure NSF 90-90).  Dr. Michael Frodyma, Division of Research
Career Development (357-9466). [P.T.22; K.W.1013000,1002000,
10100000,0600000,0400000,0309008].
 
November 9, 1990--
     Graduate Research Fellowships.  (Brochure NSF 90-61).  Dr.
Susan Sherman, Division of Research Career Development (357-
7856).  For copies of the announcement and application materials
contact the Fellowship Office, National Research Council, 2101
Constitution Ave., Wash., DC 20418 (334-2872). [P.T.22].
 
     Minority Graduate Research Fellowships.  (Brochure NSF 90-
62).  Dr. Susan Sherman, Division of Research Career Development
(357-7856).  For copies of the announcement and application
materials, contact the Fellowship Office, National Research
Council, 2101 Constitution Ave., Wash., DC 20418 (334-2872).
[F.F.; P.T.22].
 
November 15, 1990--
     NSF Visiting Professorships for Women.  (Brochure NSF 89-
37).  Program requires that the applicant have a Ph.D. in a field
of research supported by NSF and not hold a salaried position, or
the promise of one, at the proposed host institution.  Dr.
Margrete Klein, Division of Research Initiation and Improvement
(357-7734). [P.T.06; K.W.0403018,0600000,1000000].
 
November 16, 1990--
     Instrumentation and Laboratory Improvement.  Brochure NSF
90-101).  Contact Dr. Duncan McBride, Division of Undergraduate
Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Education (357-7051).
[K.W.0502031,0502023].
 
December 1, 1990--
     Research Improvement in Minority Institutions.  (Brochure
89-7).  Eligibility--Institutions that offer engineering programs
or graduate programs in science, and whose total student body is
more than 50 percent Black, Hispanic, American Indian, Alaskan
Native, or Native Pacific Islander, or 20 percent plus of any
one eligible underrepresented minority group.  Investigator--any
scientist/engineer at eligible institutions.  Dr. Roosevelt
Johnson or Dr. Roosevelt Calbert, Division of Research Initiation
and Improvement (357-7350).  [F.F.].
 
January 15, 1991--
     Career Advancement Awards.  Research Opportunities for
Women.  (Brochure NSF 87-56).  Eligibility requirements:
Experienced women who are eligible to receive standard NSF
research grants.  Because of the nature of these awards, co-
investigators would not be appropriate.  Contact the disciplinary
program officer or Ms. Lola Rogers, Division of Research
Initiation and Improvement (357-7456).  [II; P.T.34; K.W.
1000000].
     Research Planning Grants.  Research Opportunities for Women.
(Brochure 87-56).  Eligibility requirements:  Women eligible for
standard NSF awards who have not previously served as principal
or co-principal investigators on an individual federal award or
whose research careers have been interrupted for at least two of
the past five years.  Because of the nature of these awards, co-
investigator would not be appropriate.  Contact the disciplinary
program officer, or Ms. Lola Rogers, Division of Research
Initiation and Improvement (357-7456).  [II; P.T.34].
 
January 25, 1991--
     Career Access Opportunities in Science and Technology for
Women, Minorities, and the Disabled.  (Brochure NSF 89-126).
Comprehensive Regional Centers for Minorities; Model Projects for
Women, Minorities and the Disabled.  Dr. Ted Reid, Division of
Undergraduate Science, Engineering and Mathematics Education
(357-7051).  [DD,FF,II; P.T.04; K.W.0502023,0502031].
 
TARGET DATES:
 
November 15, 1990--
     Instructional Materials Development.  Preliminary proposals
required.  (Brochure NSF 88-29).  Contact Ms. Alice Moses, Mr.
Jerry Theise, Dr. Christian Hirsch, Dr. Gerhard Salinger, Dr.
Frank Sutman, Dr. Joseph Adney, Dr. Donald Humphreys, Division
of Materials Development, Research and Informal Science Education
(357-7066).  [K.W.0502031;0503003;0503016].
 
December 1, 1990--
     Informal Science Education.  Preliminary proposals required.
(Brochure NSF 88-29).  Dr. Robert Russell, Dr. Hyman Field, Dr.
Barbara Butler, Division of Materials Development, Research and
Informal Science Education (357-7076).  [P.T.20,25;
K.W.0502031,0503003,0503016].
 
January 15, 1991--
     Alliances for Minority Participation.  Implementation
Proposals.  (Brochure 90-44).  Proposals designed to form
coalitions among the science and engineering community to
increase substantially minority graduates in science and
engineering fields supported by NSF.  Eligibility:  Research
scientists, engineers, educators, and administrators may submit
for non-profit organizations and/or academic institutions.
Contact Dr. Roosevelt Calbert, Division of Research Initiation
and Improvement.  (357-7552).
     Applications for Advanced Technologies.  Preliminary
proposals required.  (Brochure NSF 88-29).  Contact Dr. Andrew
Molnar, Division of Materials Development, Research and Informal
Science Education (357-7064).  [K.W.0502031,0503003,0503016].
 
January 25, 1991--
     Leadership Projects in Laboratory Development.
Instrumentation and Laboratory Improvement (ILI) Program.
(Brochure NSF 90-101).  Pilot projects in laboratory
development.  Proposers are strongly encouraged to contact an ILI
Program Director before preparing a proposal, and proposals must
be preceded by a letter describing plans.  Contact a Program
Director, Division of Undergraduate Science, Engineering, and
Mathematics Education (357-7051).