Subject: NSF Bulletin - Submission Info - ENG and GEO
From: Dot Baker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 90 14:49 EST

Hi Paul,
  Another one for posting to the NIH Listserver.  Please post as:
     NSFBULLETIN4.103090
   Thanks.  dottie
 ---------------------------- Text of forwarded message -----------------------
Subject: NSF Bulletin - Submission Info - ENG and GEO
                        ENG - Engineering
                          CFDA #47.041
 
PROGRAM DEADLINES:
 
December 15, 1990--
     Materials Chemistry and Chemical Processing.  (Brochure NSF
89-93).  Contact Dr. Robert Wellek, (357-9606).  [P.T.34,
K.W.1009000,1003000].
 
December 19, 1990--
     Department of Transportation/NSF Project.   (Brochure NSF
90-110)  Contact Tapan Murkherjee (357-9707).
 
January 1, 1991--
     Industry/University/Cooperative State Initiative.  (Brochure
NSF 90-87).  Contact Alex Schwarzkopf (357-9707).  [K.W.1107000].
 
January 15, 1991--
     Research Initiation Awards (RIA).  (Brochure NSF 88-99).
Contact Sharon Middledorf, Division of Engineering
Infrastructure Development (DEID) (786-9631) or Dr. Bernard
Chern, Computer and Information Science and Engineering
Directorate (CISE), 357-7373.  [P.T.34;
K.W.0605000,0607000,0608000].
 
January 30, 1991--
     Engineering Education Coalitions--Initial Proposal.
(Brochure available from the program).  Contact Division of
Engineering Infrastructure Development (DEID), (786-9631).  [P.T.
25; K.W. 0502042].
 
January 31, 1991--
     Alliances for Minority Participation (Implementation
Proposals).  (Brochure NSF 90-44).  Contact Lucy Morse, Division
of Engineering Infrastructure Development (DEID), ENG (786-9631).
[P.T. FF, K.W. 10000000,06000000,1010000,0502031,0502023,0-
502042].
 
TARGET DATES:
 
December 15, 1990--
     Biochemical Engineering.  (Brochure NSF 89-113).  Contact
Dr. Frederick Heineken, Biological and Critical Systems Division,
(357-9545).  [P.T.34; K.W.0606010,076000,0710035,0710013].

                        GEO - Geosciences
                          CFDA #47.050
 
PROGRAM DEADLINES:
 
December 1, 1990--
     Division of Earth Sciences.  Descriptions of Programs are
contained in Earth Sciences Research and NSF (Brochure NSF 90-
20).  [P.T.34; K.W.1005000].
     Geology and Paleontology.  Dr. John Maccini (357-7866) and
Dr. Patricia Kelley (357-7806).
     Geophysics.  Dr. Michael Mayhew (357-7355) and Dr. James
Whitcomb (357-7356).
     Instrumentation and Facilities.  Dr. Daniel Weill (357-
7807).
     Petrology and Geochemistry.  Dr. John Snyder and Dr. Guy
Hovis (357-7916).
     Tectonics Program.  Dr. Thomas Wright and Dr. Carol Simpson
(357-7355).
 
TARGET DATES:
 
November 1, 1990--
     Biological Oceanography, Chemical Oceanography, Marine
Geology and Geophysics, Physical Oceanography.  Dr. Michael
Reeve, Division of Ocean Sciences (357-7924).  [P.T. 34; K.W.
1008000].
     Ocean Drilling Program.  Dr. Bruce Malfait, Division of
Ocean Sciences (357-9848).  [P.T.34; K.W.1008000].
     Ocean Sciences Instrumentation Development.  Mr. H. Lawrence
Clark, Division of Ocean Sciences (357-7362).  [P.T.34;
K.W.1008000,1014001].
 
December 1, 1990--
     Climate Dynamics.  Contact Dr. Jay Fein (357-9892).  [P.T.
34; K.W. 1001000].
 
January 1, 1991--
     Division of Atmospheric Sciences.  Research proposals that
require National Center for Atmospheric Research or university-
based national facilities for the period Oct. 1, 1990, through
Apr. 1, 1991.  Contact Dr. Stephen Nelson (357-9431). [P.T.34;
K.W.1001010].