Subject: Re: help
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 1994 03:14:49 GMT

General info
			------------
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests should always be sent to the -request
address of a mailinglist.
If a mailinglist for example is called "[email-masked]",
then the -request address can be inferred from this to be:
"[email-masked]"

To subscribe to a mailinglist, simply send a message with the word "subscribe"
in the Subject: field to the -request address of that list.

To unsubscribe from a mailinglist, simply send a message with the word (you
guessed it :-) "unsubscribe" in the Subject: field to the -request address of
that list.

In the event of an address change, it would probably be the wisest to first
send an unsubscribe for the old address (this can be done from the new
address), and then a new subscribe to the new address (the order is important).

Most (un)subscription requests are processed automatically without human
intervention.

--------------
Archive Server
--------------

To access the archives for the biblio list, simply send a message to:

	[email-masked]

with a Subject: line that contains the word "archive" followed by either:

ls latest/    (which lists the files in the /latest directory of the
               archive)

or

get latest/12 (retrieves archives 12 from the latest/ directory)

get latest/1 latest/2 (retrieves archives 1 and 2 from the latest/ 
                       directory)

The filenames are not descriptive; they are given numbers
based on when they were received by the list.  (notice that the
X-Mailing list header for each message sent by the list has its
corresponding archive number at the end).  Wildcards are
understood:

	archive get latest/*  (BEWARE:  you will probably be swamped
                           with mail!)

	and/or

	archive get latest/[1-9]   (retrieves archives 1-9)

	and/or

	archive get latest/1[0-9]   (retrieves archives 10-19)

At the end of every month, the archives for that month are put in
a corresponding folder.  To list the Jan archives after Feb 1st,
you will need to send 'archive ls jan/'.  A simple 'archive ls' will
list the "month" directories, as well as the "latest/" directory.
Archives for the current month will always be stored in the "latest/"
directory.

There are also archives available for the digests (same mail as
regular archives, but grouped into digests).  The first week or
so of list mail is not included in the digest archives, as there
was no digest option at that time.  If you would like one of thse,
send a message to:
	[email-masked]    (notice the -d)
with either:

"archive ls /volume94"
	or
"archive get /volume94/<file>"

-------------------------------------------------

It is now possible to access the monthly archives from the World
Wide Web.  Simply follow the link from my home page at:
	http://iris.claremont.edu/~al/

Note:  The digest archives and the current month's archives (latest/)
are not available via the Web.

-------------
Biblio Digest
-------------

I have implemented a new digest option for the biblio-list.  Mail will
be the same as for the undigested :-) list, but it will accumulate and
be sent out in, well, digests.  These will be sent out as soon as they
reach ~16K, or after they have sat for 1 day, whichever comes first.
The digest list will receive the exact same mail as the regular list,
and will not be moderated in any way.  Everyone is welcome to remain
on the regular list, and receive mail as it comes in to the list.
(of course, it would be best to choose one or the other, so as not
to receive each piece of mail twice, digested and undigested.)

The submission address remains the same for both lists:
	[email-masked]

---------------------
To Join Biblio Digest
---------------------

send a message to:
	[email-masked]
with the word "subscribe" as the Subject: line.

To unsubscribe, use the above address, with "unsubscribe" as the
Subject: line.

NOTE:  Remember to send "unsubscribe" to:
	[email-masked]  (the regular list)
if you wish to receive the digest (otherwise, you will continue
to receive mail from both lists).

-----------
Submissions
-----------

THE SUBMISSION ADDRESS HAS NOT CHANGED.  Please continue to send all
mail (whether you are on the digest or regular lists) to:
	[email-masked]

--

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at:
	[email-masked]
---