Subject: Amigamouse device minor conflicts with "jbm", what should we do?

From: llucius <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 23:56:48 -0500 (CDT)

I was looking through MAKEDEV and came across the above problem.  I'm 
sure people have known about it for a while (I'm still new B-)), but if 
we're going to be a part of the Debian project, we should probably nail 
down the solution.

Of course, the easiest is to just change the Amiga mouse minor, but I 
fear that there will be some Linux/68kers that don't plan to use Debian 
and would not care for the change.

According to the devices.tex file in the kernel tree, there are actually 
2 minors assigned to the Amiga mouse, 4 and 7.  Do we ever plan on using 
both?  If not, couldn't we just start using 7 (source change of course)?

Anyway, I'll quite babbling now...

Thanks,

Leland

__ Y_ a_ m_ b_ o_ | The leanest, meanest, fightinest sweet tater on Earth!
   oo o  oo o  o  | 
    o       o   o | [email-masked]
 o oo    o     o  | 
-- -- -- -- -- -- | http://www.millcomm.com/~llucius       (maybe one day)