Subject: libc

From: "Hartmut Koptein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 01:28:40 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all!

I search the 'normal' (newest) libc-5.xxxx on master in Incoming. It
isn't there!! Pic, dev and debug are there, but not this one!

Could someone upload it?

Second: the situation for debian-m68k maintainer ... I don't 'hang' on
'my' :-) netbase or netstd Packages. And i think, it is a good idee that
everyone can upload every packages (if it doesen't exist in incoming).
For little Packages it is no problem, but if the package is greater ... ??

I have direct access :-) to the i386 Maintainer (for netbase and netstd).
So, as long as i do the job, no other should do it. You are agree with me??

Thanks,

  Hartmut

PS: Frank: I live in 'Aurich' not in 'Emden' :-)))
 
-- 
 Hartmut Koptein                             EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 [email-masked]
 Fachbereich Elektrotechnik und Informatik   [email-masked]
 Constantiaplatz 4, 26723 Emden (Germany)    FidoNet: 2:2426/1005.10

---

From: llucius <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 23:51:37 -0500 (CDT)

> isn't there!! Pic, dev and debug are there, but not this one!
It's already been moved to unstable/binary-m68k/base

Leland

__ Y_ a_ m_ b_ o_ | The leanest, meanest, fightinest sweet tater on Earth!
   oo o  oo o  o  | 
    o       o   o | [email-masked]
 o oo    o     o  | 
-- -- -- -- -- -- | http://www.millcomm.com/~llucius       (maybe one day)

---

From: Juergen Menden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 08:32:37 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> So, as long as i do the job, no other should do it.

ok. below is the new, revisited list:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packages Reserved for a m68k Maintainer
=======================================

This is the list of source packages which are difficult to port to
m68k-linux and for whom someone took over responsibility. If you work
on some of them please contact 'our' package maintainer first.

Sourcepackage	Package Maintainer (m68k)
=============	=========================

netbase		Hartmut Koptein <[email-masked]>
netstd		Hartmut Koptein <[email-masked]>
util-linux	Frank Neumann <[email-masked]>

If there are typos, maintainer changes, or if you would like to be the
maintainer for another package please mail to Juergen Menden
<[email-masked]>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ciao
jjm

-- 
Juergen Menden                   | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me, 
tel:    +49 (89) 289 - 22387     +-----------+ are (usually) not the opinions 
e-mail: [email-masked]     | of anyone else on this planet.

Hi! I'm a .signature virus!  Add me to your .signature and join in the fun!

---

From: Juergen Menden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 15:04:28 +0200 (MET DST)

> It's already been moved to unstable/binary-m68k/base

don't use the newer libs from Leland, if you still have installed
the ldso_1.7.14-1. this ld.so does not contain andreas' old patch so
it doesn't recognize the libs which are build useing the newer binutils.

phu, i thought i would never find the error when my machine started to
bomb on perl and /bin/sh. fortunately i had an old statically linked
bash at hand... :-))

I will upload a new ldso this weekend (if Leland hasn't already 
uploaded one :-))

ciao
jjm

---

From: Juergen Menden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 11:33:05 +0200 (MET DST)

> I will upload a new ldso this weekend (if Leland hasn't already 

i've received some more patches for the ld.so this weekend, but as
i currently have no net access during weekends i havn't noticed 
them till today.

so there will be another 24 hours delay, sorry.

jjm