Subject: Uploading pdksh 5.2.7-1 (A public domain version of the Korn shell)

From: [email-masked] (Martin Schulze)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 10:30 MET DST

Good day folks,

Larry 'Daffy' Daffner <[email-masked]> has told me that there
is a new upstream release of pdksh.  Here's the Debian package I have
generated out of it.

As I personally don't use pdksh and only took over the package because
one of my users needed it, I will give away this package to Larry after
some time.

-- Begin Changes --

Date: 20 Aug 96 10:26:43 UT
Format: 1.5
Distribution: unstable
Binary: pdksh
Source: pdksh
Architecture: source i386
Version: 5.2.7-1
Maintainer: Martin Schulze <[email-masked]>
Description: A public domain version of the Korn shell
 PD-ksh is a mostly complete AT&T ksh look-alike (see NOTES file for a list
 of things not supported).  Work is currently underway to make it fully
 compatible with both POSIX and AT&T ksh (when the two don't conflict).
 .
 Since pdksh is free and compiles and runs on most common unix systems, it
 is very useful in creating a consistent user interface across multiple
 machines.  For example, in the CS dept. of MUN, pdksh is installed on a
 variety of machines including Suns, HPs, DecStations, pcs running Linux,
 etc., and is the login shell of ~4500 users.
Priority: Routine
Files:
 412bda89f884b71906f61f3cde3f2327 2205 shells - pdksh_5.2.7-1.diff.gz
 35c5dc6c434de409d9883eba5ae1676b 444059 shells - pdksh_5.2.7-1.tar.gz
 82910e01f16232cacf236dd8a8a3d5d8 136762 shells - pdksh_5.2.7-1_i386.deb
Changes:
 * Debian Linux packaging information

-- End Changes --

Have a pleasant beginning of the week,

	Joey

PS: As usual first in ftp.infodrom.north.de in /pub/people/joey/debian/

--
  / Martin Schulze  *  Debian Linux Maintainer  *  [email-masked] /
 / http://www.debian.org/       http://www.infodrom.north.de/~joey/
/  Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for!  /