Subject: Uploading mkdosfs 1.0-1 (Utility to create and check MS-DOS FAT filesystems)

From: [email-masked] (Martin Schulze)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 96 02:23 MET DST

Good morning folks,

I have re-packaged mkdosfs - a filesystem creator for poor MS-DOS FAT
filesystems.  Unfortunately I need it.  :(  Therefore I want to let
you all participate (ok, ok I know you won't install it, but it might
be interesting for some ppl that come from DOS and want to feel the
capabilities of a real os.)

I might also package dosfsck within the next days which contains a
program similar to the chkdsk from DOS.

-- Begin Changes --

Date: 18 Jul 96 22:30:50 UT
Format: 1.5
Distribution: unstable
Binary: mkdosfs
Source: mkdosfs
Architecture: source i386 m68k
Version: 1.0-1
 Maintainer: Martin Schulze <[email-masked]>
Description: Utility to create and check MS-DOS FAT filesystems
 Inside of this package there are two utilities to create and to
 check MS-DOS FAT filesystems on either harddisks or floppies under
 Linux.  This version uses the enhanced boot sector/superblock
 format of DOS 3.3+ as well as provides a default dummy boot sector
 code.
Priority: Routine
Files:
Changes:
 * added dosfschk

-- End Changes --

Now I'm going to sleep,

	Joey

PS: As usual first in ftp.infodrom.north.de in /pub/people/joey/debian/

--
  / Martin Schulze  *  Debian Linux Maintainer  *  [email-masked] /
 / http://www.debian.org/       http://www.infodrom.north.de/~joey/
/  Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for!  /