Subject: Uploading pdksh 5.2.8-1 (A public domain version of the Korn shell)

From: [email-masked] (Martin Schulze)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 11:22 MET DST

Good day folks,

sorry for the inconvenience, but right after I have announced 5.2.7
I looked at the pdksh web page and saw that 5.2.8 is the most recent
version, it must have been materialized tonight. :-(

Here's the Debian release

-- Begin Changes --

Date: 20 Aug 96 11:06:43 UT
Format: 1.5
Distribution: unstable
Binary: pdksh
Source: pdksh
Architecture: source i386
Version: 5.2.8-1
Maintainer: Martin Schulze <[email-masked]>
Description: A public domain version of the Korn shell
 PD-ksh is a mostly complete AT&T ksh look-alike (see NOTES file for a list
 of things not supported).  Work is currently underway to make it fully
 compatible with both POSIX and AT&T ksh (when the two don't conflict).
 .
 Since pdksh is free and compiles and runs on most common unix systems, it
 is very useful in creating a consistent user interface across multiple
 machines.  For example, in the CS dept. of MUN, pdksh is installed on a
 variety of machines including Suns, HPs, DecStations, pcs running Linux,
 etc., and is the login shell of ~4500 users.
Priority: Routine
Files:
 8d7ef847d1d941382962044425c80895 2209 shells - pdksh_5.2.8-1.diff.gz
 73a00870e3919755992c9491a50a2427 435424 shells - pdksh_5.2.8-1.tar.gz
 856a2605197a0d36b1e4dcbe63400ed8 127492 shells - pdksh_5.2.8-1_i386.deb
Changes:
 * Debian Linux packaging information

-- End Changes --

Have a pleasant beginning of the week,

	Joey

PS: As usual first in ftp.infodrom.north.de in /pub/people/joey/debian/

--
  / Martin Schulze  *  Debian Linux Maintainer  *  [email-masked] /
 / http://www.debian.org/       http://www.infodrom.north.de/~joey/
/  Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for!  /