Subject: dselect ( dpkg 1.2.3 (i386 elf)) unable to install 1.1

From: Oz Dror <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 22:06:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I want to upgrade my debian 1.0 to 1.1.
I have installed the new dpkg (1.2.3 elf)
then followed the steps in dselect.
then dselect failed in the Install step with the following error:

Running dpkg -iGROEB /u2/debian/binary
find: /u2/debian/binary/admin/tob-0.14-1.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/base/adduser-1.99-1.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/hamradio/p10cfgd-1.0-3.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/misc/mailcrypt-3.4-1.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/misc/ncurses-term-1.9.9e-1.deb: No such file or directoy
find: /u2/debian/binary/net/mirror-2.8-5.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/net/xntp-doc-3.5c-1.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/tex/latex2e-doc-1.6-0.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/tex/xypic-3.2-4.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/text/apsfilter-4.9.1-6.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/text/gsfonts-2.62-2.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/text/igerman-2-3.deb: No such file or directory

-- find: /u2/debian/binary/text/texidoc-3.7-1.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/text/wgerman-2-3.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/x11/xfnt100-3.1.2-6.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/x11/xfnt75-3.1.2-6.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/x11/xfntbase-3.1.2-4.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/x11/xfntbig-3.1.2-6.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/x11/xfntcyr-3.1.2-6.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/x11/xfntpex-3.1.2-3.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/x11/xfntscl-3.1.2-7.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/x11/xmanpages-3.1.2-6.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/devel/autoconf-2.10-2.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/devel/CGI-modules-2.75-3.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/devel/dejagnu-1.3-4.deb: No such file or directory
find: /u2/debian/binary/devel/kernel-headers-1.99.7-0.deb: No such file or direy
find: /u2/debian/binary/devel/kernel-source-1.99.7-0.deb: No such file or direcy
find: /u2/debian/binary/doc/manpages-1.11-4.deb: No such file or directory
dpkg: subprocess find returned error exit status 1

installation script returned error exit status 1.
Press RETURN to continue.

The problem is that all these files do exists. and when in type 
for example
find /u2/debian/binary/x11/xfntscl-3.1.2-7.deb
I get:
/u2/debian/binary/x11/xfntscl-3.1.2-7.deb
This confirms that find is OK and that I have the file, but dselect
does not think that I have the file

Any help will be appreciated

-Oz
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
NAME   Oz Dror, Santa Monica, California   
EMAIL  [email-masked]                     <<Linux  since 8/15/94>>
PHONE  Fax (310) 396-5798

---

From: [email-masked] (Heiko Schlittermann)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:55:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Oz Dror wrote:
: 
: Hi,
: 
: I want to upgrade my debian 1.0 to 1.1.
: I have installed the new dpkg (1.2.3 elf)
: then followed the steps in dselect.
: then dselect failed in the Install step with the following error:
: 
: Running dpkg -iGROEB /u2/debian/binary
: find: /u2/debian/binary/admin/tob-0.14-1.deb: No such file or directory
: find: /u2/debian/binary/base/adduser-1.99-1.deb: No such file or directory
: find: /u2/debian/binary/hamradio/p10cfgd-1.0-3.deb: No such file or directory

I had a similar problem.  
I believe, all the files you mention are to be found in ..../binary-all.

Try a `ls -l /u2/debian/binary/misc/mailcrypt*'.
Or run `symlinks -r /u2/debian | grep 'dangl'.

Heiko
public pgp : finger [email-masked]
fingerprint: A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92