Subject: Re: The Game is afoot

From: Rick Hawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:02:13 CDT

> 
> Hello,
> 
> i have started to download the disks, i see that there have been somme 
> changes made in the system, there are also different directories, one 
> current and the other with a set date i take it that both of them are stable?

go to Debian-1.1.  It is a symlink.  Come to think of it, so is current,
but i can't remember whether it is to the latest stable or the latest
unstable . . .

---

From: "' ALLAN W. BART" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 21:32:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

allan

---

From: [email-masked] (Karl Ferguson)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 00:40:27 +0800 (WST)

> but i can't remember whether it is to the latest stable or the latest

"current" is meant to be a symlink to the latest date of the disks.  Everything
under the buzz directory won't change from now on as (I think?) 1.1 has been
released and done.  The unstable directory is basically an exact copy of
the buzz directory, but that's where the newer packages will go and where
1.2 is now being developed (that's right - we don't stop working) :-)

...Karl
--
Karl Ferguson, 
Tower Networking Pty Ltd (ACN: 072 322 760)          [email-masked]
t/a STAR Online Services                             [email-masked]
Tel: +61-9-455-2446  Fax: +61-9-455-2776