Subject: Re: package conflicts

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jun 1996 12:11:10 -0500

Branden Robinson <[email-masked]> writes:

> 3) Are there Debian packages for the following (as of 0.93R6, there
> weren't)?
>   kermit

Don't think so.

>   mpeg viewer

Yes, ucbmpeg.

>   pdf (acroread)

Yes, xpdf.

>   psfonts

Don't know what you mean.

>   vrml

Don't think so (feel free to make one :>).

--
Rob

---

From: Branden Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 12:01:12 -0500 (EST)

Could someone tell me:

1) What is the nature of the conflict between elvis and emacs?  I know it
has something to do with ctags, but I'd appreciate a bit more information...

2) Why does minicom conflict with lrzsz?

-- 
 "If encryption is outlawed, only outlaws will        | G. Branden Robinson
  @goH7OjBd7*dnfk=<q4fDj]Kz?$AA8."                    | [email-masked]

---

From: Guy Maor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 12:44:37 -0500 (CDT)

> > 3) Are there Debian packages for the following (as of 0.93R6, there

There is a kermit package, but we have to store it at Columbia U's ftp
site.  Read /unstable/binary-i386/comm/kermit.README.

> >   psfonts

There's gsfonts, fonts for ghostscript.  Is that what you mean?

Guy

---

From: David Gaudine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 14:10:23 -0400

I got some sort of "can't find psfonts" error, I forget the details,
when I was using a bad copy of one of the package in the tex directory.
I can't check the name of the package now, something like psnfs(?)
I asked here, and someone told me to get the psnfs(?) package from the
stable directory instead of unstable, and everything worked.  I never did
figure out why.  However, it did seem that dselect went looking for a
package called psfonts when it really wanted psnfs(?)

Sorry to be so vague, but a vague answer is better than no answer.  Sometimes.

---

From: Michael Meskes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 11:12:10 +0200 (MET DST)

> Sorry to be so vague, but a vague answer is better than no answer.  Sometimes.

The correct name is texpsfnt. And the latest dvips does recommend it instead
of psfonts. So you'll never again should see that.

Michael

-- 
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
[email-masked] |   / ___// ____/ // / / __ \___  __________
[email-masked]                  |   \__ \/ /_  / // /_/ /_/ / _ \/ ___/ ___/
[email-masked]                |  ___/ / __/ /__  __/\__, /  __/ /  (__  )
Use Debian Linux!		 | /____/_/      /_/  /____/\___/_/  /____/