Subject: Herculers graphics on debian?

From: "' ALLAN W. BART" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 14:28:50 -0400 (EDT)

hello,

thanks for the assitance folks, i think this should be more fun than 
reading all of the cue and sams guides-btw, i kind of get the feeling 
that most of the commerical linux books are a rip-off?

so here is the question, can i use hercules monochrome grahics in the 
text mode on debian, this is to be on my old 386, which has this mode, my 
compaq persario has svga, and any ideas on how to efficiently use both of 
these sytems together would be appreciated. the compaq has a relatively 
small disk and besides i need to put the old northgate to work and 
running linux is a reeducation project.

yours,

allan

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Perens)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 96 15:29 PDT

There are some "#ifdef CONFIG_HGA" lines in /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/vga.c .
I'd be interested in hearing about what happens when you try them.

	Bruce

---

From: "' ALLAN W. BART" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 18:47:58 -0400 (EDT)

thanks for the info, now to download debian once and for all!!!

ab