Subject: Dselect + NFS

From: [email-masked] (Luis Francisco Gonzalez)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 12:36:47 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
I have just had something strange happening to me. I tried to update some
packages using dselect with the NFS option. When going into the install option
I would get an error from find about not being able to find the directory. The
strange thing though is that the directory was correct and the available packages were correctly updated. Mounting the partition by hand and using dselect
works. I recently updated dpkg so I thought there might be a problem with it.
Has anyone had something similar happen to them? Am I just doing something
really stupid?

Thanks in advance,
Luis.

---

From: [email-masked] (Heiko Schlittermann)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:57:04 +0200 (MET DST)

Luis Francisco Gonzalez wrote:
: 
: Hi,
: I have just had something strange happening to me. I tried to update some
: packages using dselect with the NFS option. When going into the install option
: I would get an error from find about not being able to find the directory. The
: strange thing though is that the directory was correct and the available packages were correctly updated. Mounting the partition by hand and using dselect
: works. I recently updated dpkg so I thought there might be a problem with it.
: Has anyone had something similar happen to them? Am I just doing something
: really stupid?

Mee too.  And same with CDROM access method.

Heiko
public pgp : finger [email-masked]
fingerprint: A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92