Subject: Will Debian 1.1 have emacs-19.31?

From: "David M. Cooke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 1996 13:07:26 -0400

Will the officially release Debian 1.1 include emacs-19.31?
It would be nice since I've converted our SGI and Convex machines
already and I'd like to run the same version on the soon to be
installed Debian workstations.
-- 
________________________________________________________________________
David M. Cooke                                   [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 96 13:18 EDT

David M Cooke writes:
  David>  Will the officially release Debian 1.1 include emacs-19.31? 

edd@miles:~> emacs --version
19.31.1

edd@miles:~> cat /etc/debian_version
1.1                                         

Debian 1.1 is in official beta-test and can be installed safely. Expect the
official release Real Soon Now (TM).

Emacs-19.31 seems a little more alert than 19.30. Nice job, Mark!

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                             http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd

---

From: "David M. Cooke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 1996 13:43:54 -0400

> edd@miles:~> emacs --version

Where is the .deb file?  I checked unstable/binary/editors and found:
-r--r--r--   1 daemon   ftp-linu  5071046 Mar  7 03:40 emacs-19.30-1.deb
-r--r--r--   1 daemon   ftp-linu  2806228 Mar  7 03:42 emacs-el-19.30-1.deb

thanks.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 96 14:10 EDT

David> Where is the .deb file? 

Oh, sorry, I must have taken emacs-19.31 from the developers system. 

The public archive lags a little, mostly a day, sometimes a little longer. 
Expect to see emacs-19.31 in unstable/binary/editors any time now.