Subject: Re: Still Linux doesn't see my Ethercard

From: [email-masked] (Alan Cox)
Date: 29 Jun 1996 19:30:46 +0100

In article <[email-masked]>,
Pedro I. Sanchez <[email-masked]> wrote:
>to have Linux to recongnize my Ethernet card without success. I have a NIC
>with an AMD-PCNet chip. According to the Ethernet-HOWTO the right driver to
>use is "lance". I managed to recompile the kernel to include this driver but
>still the driver doesn't see my card.

Which PCnet chip variant do you know. 1.2.13 doesnt know all the current 
variants of this chip.

>I have no idea what to do next. The ethercard is ok (runs under windows) but
>I am missing something under linux. Any suggestions?

The AMD PC-Net shouldnt be a problem because everything is on the chip so a
vendor can't really do much to make it non standard. There have been some
with hardware problems but clearly yours is ok as it runs under windows.

Alan
-- 
--------------------------------.----------------------------------------------
UKUU free UUCP Project Swansea  |   Alan Cox, <[email-masked]>
+44 1792 422028 (Cabletel)  	|   Custom Linux Software Projects.
Sonix 28.8K [33.6 soon]   24x7 	|   Linux Consultancy.