Subject: Re: Debian Linux Distribution Release 1.1 Now Available

From: David Gaudine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 10:48:37 -0400

I installed the beta a few weeks ago.  I realize that there's a procedure
to upgrade from 0.93 to 1.1, but is there a procedure to upgrade from
the 1.1 beta to 1.1, or do I just grab the packages and Packages.gz?
Will dselect ugrade everything, including dselect itself and the files
that were originally installed from the 5 disks?

---

From: Guy Maor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 11:05:45 -0500 (CDT)

> that were originally installed from the 5 disks?

yes

---

From: Dale Scheetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 12:50:40 -0400 (EDT)

> that were originally installed from the 5 disks?
I might suggest that you upgrade base first, devel second, and then go for
the rest. If you used dselect for you upgrade from 0.93 to 1.1 you should
have no trouble with this move. If you used my script to do the first
upgrade, just run it again. It knows when a package is already installed
and only installs the upgrades.

Luck,

Dwarf

------------                                          --------------

aka   Dale Scheetz                   Phone:   1 (904) 877-0257
      Flexible Software              Fax:     NONE 
      Black Creek Critters           e-mail:  [email-masked]

------------ If you don't see what you want, just ask --------------

---

From: Rick Hawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 12:00:07 CDT

> yes

in fact, once you have your Packages updated, it *defaults* to updating
everything, as well as everything it thinks you should have.

rick