Subject: netpbm package?

From: Christian Schwarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 11:47:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello everybody!

Does someone have a netpbm package for debian? I just found the pbmplus
package that looks pretty old. AFAIK, netpbm is the successor of pbmplus. 
The newest version I could find is
	sunsite: apps/graphics/convert/netpbm-Mar1994-bin.tar.gz
while the pbmplus package is dated 10dec91.

If there is no such package, I will probably create one.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   [email-masked], [email-masked]
           !   ___;    
           \  /        PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
  \\\______/  !         http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/
   \          /
-.-.,---,-,-..---,-,-.,----.-.-
  "DIE ENTE BLEIBT DRAUSSEN!"

---

From: "James A. Robinson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 18:16:55 -0400

> package that looks pretty old. 

Two people had volunteered to set up new netpbm packages, one of them
was going to make it a shared package.  Since nothing has been said,
and nothing was produced, I've gone ahead and uploaded a netpbm and
netpbmdevel set of packages.

> If there is no such package, I will probably create one.

If you would like to take this one over, I would greatly appreciate
it.  I'm doing this out of a semi sense of obligation since I've let
pbmplus sit still for so long, but I have no desire to maintain it.

The source and packages should be uploaded within the hour.

Jim