Subject: printing in debian/unix is hard...

From: Matt Birkholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 17:16:52 -0700

From: Carl Johnson <[email-masked]>
   Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 09:15:24 -0700 (PDT)
   Reply-To: [email-masked]

   [...]  The System V scheme is much more flexible, yet it seems that
   nobody who works with Linux or BSD is even aware that it exists.  Is
   there any kind of implementation of System V lp available for Linux that
   anybody knows of?

Note that this does not fulfill the requirements specified in the original
request.  A command with a large and open-ended set of undocumented
option/flag/switches is no substitute for a dialog box ala our nemesis
Windows.

I would like to know if Red Hat or Caldera offer an lp/lpr substitute that
notices DISPLAY and puts up a nice dialog box with lots of help text.

BTW...  Yes, we are all familiar with System V lp.  'nuf said.

Matt Birkholz <[email-masked].>
Finger [email-masked] for PGP 2.6.2 Public Key ID = 74305425
Key Fingerprint = B3 34 FB 3E 3C FE E8 57  AA B4 B2 95 A7 C0 1E AF