Subject: Re: critical :) nethack question

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Perens)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 96 13:24 PDT

From: Rick Hawkins <[email-masked]>
> this may seem silly, but i haven't had a working nethack since law
> school . . .
> Is there a way to open the chests other than kicking them?  would this
> stop the potions from shattering?
> if i recompile, can i add monsters?  or is there already a graduate
> students version out there with assorted undergraduates & professors as
> monster?  (oh, no!  the deparment secretary! :)

I work for two years to build the system and this is what people use it
for :-)

We could probably use a debian-games mailing list. Anyone want to run one?
Otherwise we'll be having people on debian-user asking about how to get to
the 31st level and kill orcs all of the time :-) .

	Thanks

	Bruce

---

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Jun 1996 15:32:07 -0500

> I work for two years to build the system and this is what people use it

Who do you work for :>

Anyway, what else would you do with a computer :> :>

--
Rob

---

From: Amos Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 07:28:10 +0300

[email-masked] (Bruce Perens) wrote:
|I work for two years to build the system and this is what people use it
|for :-)

Forgot why UNIX was invented in the first place? :)

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL             [email-masked] |                     -- Anonymous