Subject: Unidentified subject!

From: [email-masked] (James D. Freels)
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 96 22:26 EDT

To: [email-masked]
Subject: problem with debian 1.1 upgrade installation
--text follows this line--
After my upgrade, the following messages is mailed to my
root account exactly once every minute:

Date: Sun, 2 Jun 96 22:02 EDT
From: root (Cron Daemon)
To: root
Subject: Cron <root@fea> atrun -d 0.5

non-option arguments - not allowed: No such file or directory

Needless to say, it is filling up my mail queue and I need to fix it.
I have tried all the spool files to determine what process is sending
it, but I haven't had much luck.

One thing I did notice is that my original

/var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

file was wiped out and replaced.  I will need to restore it from
backup.
--
/------------------------------------------------------------------\
| James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.  | Phone:  (423)576-8645  |   | L |
| Oak Ridge National Laboratory   | FAX:    (423)574-9172  | H | I |
| Research Reactors Division      | Internet: [email-masked] | F | N |
| P. O. Box 2008                  | Reactor Technology     | I | U |
| Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6392 | world's best neutrons! | R | X |
|------------------------------------------------------------------|
| out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T1, over the      |
| leased line, off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but Net |
\------------------------------------------------------------------/

---

From: Guy Maor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 00:50:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 2 Jun 1996, James D. Freels wrote:

> ...

>From atrun's man page:
       atrun [-l load_avg] [-d]

So make it 'atrun -d -l 0.5' or just 'atrun -d'.  0.5 is the default
anyway.

Guy

---

From: Guy Maor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 03:29:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Michael Meskes wrote:

> And what's the exact reason for using using '-d'?

So that you'll get annoying mail every 5 seconds!

Guy

---

From: Michael Meskes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 10:25:32 +0200 (MET DST)

Michael

-- 
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
[email-masked] |   / ___// ____/ // / / __ \___  __________
[email-masked]                  |   \__ \/ /_  / // /_/ /_/ / _ \/ ___/ ___/
[email-masked]                |  ___/ / __/ /__  __/\__, /  __/ /  (__  )
Use Debian Linux!		 | /____/_/      /_/  /____/\___/_/  /____/