Subject: /debian/unstable/binary-all archives in error

From: "James D. Freels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 96 12:00 EDT

It seems that all the archives of the subject are in error.  There
are a huge number of .deb files (packages) symlinked to themselves.  It just
occured to me what could have caused this.  Perhaps during the
transition from 0.93R6-stable to 1.1-stable, there were a large
number of packages that were not unstable.  As such, the archive
maintainer, in order to minimize disk storage?, decided to symlink to
the previously unstable area from the prerelease area.  When the
prelease area became stable,.... well I think you know what I mean.

Anyway, shouldn't these symlinks to nowhere (themselves) now be
symlinked to the stable area to fix the huge number of error messages
our mirror programs generate?

-- 
/------------------------------------------------------------------\
| James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.  | Phone:  (423)576-8645  |   | L |
| Oak Ridge National Laboratory   | FAX:    (423)574-9172  | H | I |
| Research Reactors Division      | Internet: [email-masked] | F | N |
| P. O. Box 2008                  | Reactor Technology     | I | U |
| Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6392 | world's best neutrons! | R | X |
|------------------------------------------------------------------|
| out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T1, over the      |
| leased line, off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but Net |
\------------------------------------------------------------------/