Subject: install disks

From: Scott Barker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 00:23:16 -0600 (MDT)

Where on a CD does the install program on the install disks look for the
base1_1.tgz file? I'm going to be cutting a CD with 'buzz' and I want to make
sure I cut it in a useful form :)

-- 
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant
[email-masked]
http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~barkers/   (under construction)

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 5 days. If you don't  ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail ]
[ (we have a sometimes sporadic connection to the internet) ]

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success."
   - Christopher Lasch

---

From: Rick Hawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 11:09:09 CDT

> sure I cut it in a useful form :)

It looks for both /base1_1.tgz, and /*/base1.tgz. So your cd will need
to mount in such a way that this is found.   Assuming you mount as /cd,
this would mean in the top level of the cd's file system.  (unless, of
course, it creates yet another directory, such as /base in which to put
it).  

Anyway, the bottom line is the top two levels of the entire file system.