Subject: Majordomo install problem

From: Juhani Luhtanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 15:39:09 +0300 (EET DST)

I have installed the new 1.1 and everything went fine except for the 
majordomo package. I get 

Failed to create group majordom:
adduser: the user you specified already exist

when I try to run dpkg --install with the majordomo.deb file. 

All in all I am very pleased with the new Debian. Thanks alot for all the 
developers.

Juhani

.signature ????? did you really expect a .signature?  Sheesh.

---

From: Richard Kettlewell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 96 02:40:01 +0100 (BST)

>when I try to run dpkg --install with the majordomo.deb file. 

It looks to me like the base disks now have the `majordom' user but
not the corresponding group (before you even install Majordomo, that
is).  Can someone confirm or refute this please - I don't have time to
check right now.

Since the base disks for 0.93 had neither the user nor the group the
preinst attemps to create them.  It then checks that both are there.

If that is the problem ... as a temporary workaround create a
`majordom' group, preferrably with the same GID as the `majordom'
group.  Make the default group for the `majordom' user be the GID of
the `majordom' group.  Then try reinstalling the majordomo package.

- Richard

-- 
http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/
GCS d- s+:- a-- C++ ULVS+++$ P+++ L++ E++ W(++,--) N(++,+) o? K w---
O? M- V? PS(+,+++) PE Y+ PGP+ t- 5++ X+@ R tv--- b++>++++ DI+ D+ G e++
h r% y++