Subject: linking with termcap under 1.1

From: Greg Troxel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 12:19:27 -0400 (EDT)

I'm running a 1.1 system upgraded from 0.93R6.  I'm trying to compile
CNS kerberos, and it is failing to link telnet due to the '-ltermcap'.
This worked under 0.93R6.  I see that termcap-compat provides a .so,
but no .sa, and I think that is a.out anyway.  ncurses3 seems to
provide termcap man pages and headers, but no libtermcap.  Do I just
need to remove -ltermcap and add -lcurses or something like that, or
am I missing some termcap functionality?  Any hints would be greatly
appreciated.  (All else is working smoothly.)

	Greg Troxel <[email-masked]>

---

From: Guy Maor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:35:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Do I just
> need to remove -ltermcap and add -lcurses or something like that

Close - remove -ltermcap and add -lncurses.  The termcap-compat package
is for binaries you can't recompile, so it only has the shared lib.

Guy

---

From: Dale Scheetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 12:41:16 -0400 (EDT)

> appreciated.  (All else is working smoothly.)
Replacing -ltermcap with -lncurses should work fine.

Luck,

Dwarf

------------                                          --------------

aka   Dale Scheetz                   Phone:   1 (904) 877-0257
      Flexible Software              Fax:     NONE 
      Black Creek Critters           e-mail:  [email-masked]

------------ If you don't see what you want, just ask --------------

---

From: Mark Eichin <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Jun 1996 16:04:16 -0400

you'll also have to toggle the setting of HAS_SETUPTERM (if telnet
crashes in an infinite recursion, it's set the wrong way) in
config/mt-linux.