Subject: Problems doing compiles.

From: Evan Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 20:13:04 -0500 (CDT)

OK...  I've beat my head on this for long enough, maybe some of you can
help me out.

I upgraded my R6 system to 1.1beta last week, and after a few days (and
nights) of tweaking, I got everything setup to my liking...  except
compiling.  For some unknown reason, when I try to compile anything, I get
the following errors from /usr/include/stdlib.h.

/usr/include/stdlib.h:333: parse error before `*'
/usr/include/stdlib.h:336: parse error before `wchar_t'
/usr/include/stdlib.h:345: parse error before `*'
/usr/include/stdlib.h:347: parse error before `*'

I'm using the latest (as of last week) updates in unstable/binary/devel,
and have tried just about everything I can think of (including going back
to gcc 2.7.0 from 2.7.2.  I tried reinstalling all of the
libc4/libc5/gcc/make/pmake/etc packages, and it doesn't make any
difference.

With that header, I can't even get the following to work:

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
main ()
{
  printf("Hellow World!\n");
}

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  I'm completely stumped, and
I'm sure it's just a little misconfiguration thing that I'll want to kick
myself for, but I can't find it.

Thanks.  Evan

--
| Evan Harris - [email-masked] - All flames to /dev/nul
|
| RIP Bill Hicks - "I don't mean to sound cold or cruel or vicious... but I
|                   am, so that's the way it comes out."