Subject: another problem with my debian 1.1 upgrade

From: "James D. Freels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 96 10:01 EDT

I get the following warning message when running several applications.
I suspect some type of inconsistency with Perl.  My two from-scratch
installations of debian 1.1 do not produce this warning message (only
my upgraded from 0.93R6).  I would appreciate any help to correct this
problem as I think it is also probably generic.

warning: setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "") failed.
warning: LC_ALL = "(null)", LC_CTYPE = "(null)", LANG = "de",
warning: falling back to the "C" locale.

-- 
/------------------------------------------------------------------\
| James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.  | Phone:  (423)576-8645  |   | L |
| Oak Ridge National Laboratory   | FAX:    (423)574-9172  | H | I |
| Research Reactors Division      | Internet: [email-masked] | F | N |
| P. O. Box 2008                  | Reactor Technology     | I | U |
| Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6392 | world's best neutrons! | R | X |
|------------------------------------------------------------------|
| out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T1, over the      |
| leased line, off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but Net |
\------------------------------------------------------------------/