Subject: PGP & MailCrypt

From: Derek Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 1996 15:09:32 -0400

Is there a debian package of PGP2.6.3i? 
(Is it located outside US? I have only looked at US ftp servers.)

ALso, is there a debian package for MailCrypt (Emacs/PGP interface)?
I found a package for auto-pgp, but it appears that I have to use
emacs rmail to take advantage of it...

--Derek Lee

---

From: [email-masked] (Joe Reinhardt)
Date: 02 Jun 1996 10:00:02 -0500

> emacs rmail to take advantage of it...

I uploaded a mailcrypt package last weekend, mailcrypt-3.4-1.all.deb.

-- 
Joe Reinhardt                        Division of Physiologic Imaging
[email-masked]              Department of Radiology, JPP-3960
Telephone: 319-353-7258              University of Iowa College of Medicine
FAX:       319-356-1503              200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA  52242

---

From: gli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 22:29:06 -0400 (EDT)

> I uploaded a mailcrypt package last weekend, mailcrypt-3.4-1.all.deb.

Can you please tell me where I can find it.  I check at one of the Debian
mirror site eg. ftp://sun10.sep.bnl.gov, but cannot find it in the directory
debian/unstable/binary/mail.  If the 1.1 is freezed,  where should we 
look for new packages?

---

From: Ian Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 96 03:20 BST

> (Is it located outside US? I have only looked at US ftp servers.)

No, there isn't.  I haven't had time to build 2.6.3 yet - we're still
on 2.6.2.

Any non-US developer who feels like packaging 2.6.2 should do so, but
I'd warn them that because of the pgp-us/pgp-i complications they
should be prepared to copy what I did with the package quite closely.

> emacs rmail to take advantage of it...

?  You need to use a mailer which puts the headers of a message in the
file it gives to Emacs to edit, but that's all.  I suppose letting
users edit their own headers is going out of fashion.

Ian.