Subject: uucp still a.out?

From: [email-masked] (Olaf Erb)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 01:55:04 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

uucp-1.06.1-2 was a.out some time ago, is there now (as real 1.1 is coming)
a ELF version available? The same about pbmplus, cnews and nntp, a2gs, 
a2ps.. 

I can't find anything different from my versions on ftp.debian.org, so I 
suppose there's nothing newer available. Should this be reported as a bug?
And, what else is left that need a rebuild as ELF before going "official"?

Maybe the still-aout packages should be marked/listed in some way to avoid 
confusion...

73,
Olaf
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
! [email-masked] - [email-masked] ! Finger me for !
!   <A HREF="http://home.pages.de/~grotto/">click</A>   ! PGP-public key!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Michael Meskes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 09:55:02 +0200 (MET DST)

> a ELF version available? The same about pbmplus, cnews and nntp, a2gs, 

and symlinks-1.0-2, gopherd-2.1.1-2, gopher-client-2.1.1-2,
auto-pgp-1.04-0

> suppose there's nothing newer available. Should this be reported as a bug?

I'm not sure. But it won't help for most of these anyway as they're
orphaned. At least some are. The best you can do is recompile them and
upload the new version. 

a2ps and a2gs shouldn't be used anymore, though. genscript seems to be much
better.

Michael

-- 
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
[email-masked] |   / ___// ____/ // / / __ \___  __________
[email-masked]                  |   \__ \/ /_  / // /_/ /_/ / _ \/ ___/ ___/
[email-masked]                |  ___/ / __/ /__  __/\__, /  __/ /  (__  )
Use Debian Linux!		 | /____/_/      /_/  /____/\___/_/  /____/