Subject: Floptical disk drives: Valuestor (Sysgen)

From: [email-masked] (Cormac McGuinness)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 00:08:15 -0300 (BST)

Hi there,
	I have looked in the how-tos, and have also done searches on the web..
	What I need to know, is whether Debian Linux supports 21Mb floptical
	disk drives such as those produced by ValueStor ?
	Is support for such devices in the kernel, or will I have to go and
	recompile the kernel ?
	Will the floptical be detected and work straightaway without too
	much hassle if I put it in ?

	Excuse me if I am a dunce here, but I didnt see anything to tell me
	what I had to do in any of the online documentations, except that
	Linux works with floptical drives ...

	Perhaps someone out there could give me some kind of guidance... 
	or at least tell me where to look

thanks in advance

	Cormac

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cormac McGuinness
Experimental Physics Department,		Tel:	+ 353 1 706 2205
University College Dublin,			Fax:	+ 353 1 283 7275
Belfield, Dublin 4.				e-mail:	[email-masked]
Republic of Ireland
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------