Subject: Error while rebuilding kernel

From: Paul Barrett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 13:55:03 -0400

First, I want to thank everyone involved with Debian for doing an
excellent job.  I far prefer my Debian system at home to my current
Sun or previous Ultrix systems at work.  Three cheers for DEBIAN!

Now my question.

While trying to build a custom kernel under 0.93R6, I get an error
about bootsect.o not found.  Looking through the make file, it would
appear that this binary should be compiled when necessary from
bootsect.s, but this doesn't appear to happen.  What's the problem
here?

I've never experience problems build a kernel before, so this seems
awfully strange.

Cheers,
Paul

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
| Paul Barrett  -  Astrophysicist  -  Universities Space Research Association |
|                 Compton Observatory Science Support Center                  |
| NASA/Goddard SFC     phone: 301-286-1108    "Guk a 'mzimba, sala 'nhliziyo" |
| Code 660.1,          FAX:   301-286-1681    (body grow old, but heart       |
| Greenbelt,MD 20771   [email-masked]           remain behind) |
|             http://lheawww.gsfc.nasa.gov/users/barrett/CV.html              |
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~