Subject: Problems with install from PHT CDROM

From: Tim Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 11:04:57 -0400

I borrowed a friends monthly Pacifix Hitech CDROM to install Debian.  I
created all the disks and started the install.  I had to redo each of
the base disks at least once because of errors.  Then when installing
the kernel it gives me a crc error with gzip.  The system will boot from
the custom boot disk but I can't mount the CD to continue installation,
because it says the kernel does not support iso9660 which I thought was
rather strange.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Tim Gray

---

From: "Marty Leisner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 11:57:09 PDT

I'm an experienced linux user (I've been using slackware).

Is there any instructions  on having a ramdisk based filesystem (using loadlin's
initrd=<> option?)

I don't want to have to make floppies...

I should be able to run everything off a cdrom from dos, booting loadlin...

marty

---

From: Dale Scheetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 15:55:07 -0400 (EDT)

> rather strange.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
If memory serves, the support is as a module (unless you built your own
kernel) so you will need to uncomment the auto line in /etc/modules so
that kerneld can load it. You will also need the controler driver loaded
before the "no support" message will go away (and your CD will hopefully
work)

Let me know if this isn't it,

Dwarf

------------                                          --------------

aka   Dale Scheetz                   Phone:   1 (904) 877-0257
      Flexible Software              Fax:     NONE 
      Black Creek Critters           e-mail:  [email-masked]

------------ If you don't see what you want, just ask --------------