Subject: Runq missing from cron package ?

From: [email-masked] (Ronald van Loon)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 08:52:34 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello Debian-world,

a small question: after a successful install of Debian by FTP, the cron
process generates a lot of output along the lines of "runq: command not
found". I could not find it either. Is this a bug or a feature ? :-)

-- 
Ronald van Loon ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (Erick Branderhorst)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 12:34:12 +0100

> found". I could not find it either. Is this a bug or a feature ? :-)

What kind of mail-transport agent are you using.  On my system runq is
part of the smail package and takes care of the outgoing mail.

Erick

---

From: [email-masked] (Ronald van Loon)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 14:08:35 +0200 (MET DST)

|"
|"
|"> a small question: after a successful install of Debian by FTP, the cron
|"> process generates a lot of output along the lines of "runq: command not
|"> found". I could not find it either. Is this a bug or a feature ? :-)
|"
|"What kind of mail-transport agent are you using.  On my system runq is
|"part of the smail package and takes care of the outgoing mail.

smail, as well. I have found the problem: runq is a symbolic link to
../sbin/smail. I had to make /usr/bin a symlink to another directory in the
root (because the root-system didn't fill up as quickly as /usr). Packages
that use this relative form of indexing instead of the full path thus
silently fail. Thanks for the pointer.