Subject: Where to find the pcmcia package

From: EDWARD FORREST URENDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 11:03:02 -0700 (PDT)

I once ftp'ed the pcmcia package from virginia, but then uninstalled it.  
Where can I find it once more?  I really need it.  It works really well 
with my pc card and laptop.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Eddie Urenda
UCLA

---

From: [email-masked] (Brian Mays)
Date: 20 Aug 1996 17:44:04 -0400

>>>>> "EDWARD" == EDWARD FORREST URENDA <[email-masked]> writes:

    EDWARD> I once ftp'ed the pcmcia package from virginia, but then
    EDWARD> uninstalled it.  Where can I find it once more?  I really
    EDWARD> need it.  It works really well with my pc card and laptop.

The PCMCIA package is located at

ftp.debian.org:/pub/debian/unstable/binary-i386/admin\
	/pcmcia-cs-2.0.7_2.8.18-2.deb

Unfortunately, it has gotten ahead of the kernel-image package.  It is
compiled for kernel version 2.0.7, while the kernel-image package in
the unstable distribution is only version 2.0.6.  There is a version
2.0.7 kernel-image package in the Incoming directory that I hope will
be released soon.

The new kernel-image package has been there for some time (for about a
month).  From what I remember, it was in the Incoming directory when I
made the pcmcia-cs-2.0.7 package, and I was hoping that both the
kernel-image and pcmcia-cs packages for kernel version 2.0.7 would be
transfered to the ftp sites at the same time.

For kernel versions other than 2.0.7, you can compile the pcmcia
package yourself with either the pcmcia-cs-source package at

  ftp.debian.org:/pub/debian/unstable/binary-i386/admin\
	/pcmcia-cs-source_2.8.18-2.deb

with the commands (assuming that you also have a kernel source
installed in /usr/src/linux)

  dpkg -i pcmcia-cs-source_2.8.18-2.deb
  cd /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs-2.8.18
  ./debian.rules binary

or you can get the pcmcia source from

  ftp.debian.org:/pub/debian/unstable/source/admin\
	/pcmcia-cs_2.8.18-2.tar.gz

Untar the file and run `./debian.rules binary' in the pcmcia-cs-2.8.18
directory.

--
Brian