Subject: Re: color ls

From: [email-masked] (David A. Morris)
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 21:57:29 GMT

I have the same problem. I to have upgraded some packages, but I can't
remember which ones. I will try to look at my list and try to remember
which ones I did just before I noticed it. 

Mark Phillips <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hi,

>Something has happened to stop ls giving color output.  I used to be
>able to just run:

>eval `dircolors`

>and ls would work in color - even without specifying the "--color"
>option.  (And no, ls was not aliased)

>Now it seems I need to type "ls --color" to get color?

>What is the problem?  I've changed a number of things of late - moved
>from tcsh to bash (but same thing happens in both shells), and
>upgraded a number of packages.  So I don't know what has caused the
>change.  Any ideas anyone?

>Mark Phillips.  ([email-masked])

---

From: Shaya Potter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 12:07:22 -0400 (EDT)

> Mark Phillips.  ([email-masked])
I had the same problem, seemed to fix itself after I downloaded the 
newest version of color-ls.

Hope this helps

Shaya Potter
[email-masked]