Subject: trouble with perl ... continued

From: "James D. Freels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 96 10:46 EDT

I took the advice of a couple of individuals:

(1) installed wg15_locale_1-1

(2) already had perl_5.003-2 installed

This did not fix the problem below.  I have verified that the
/usr/share/locale and /usr/share/nls directories are present.

I think there may be something missing in the configuration of either
perl or wg15_locale.  Just say the word, and I'd be glad to issue a
new bug report...

>I get the following error messages every time perl starts up
>on my debian-linux machines (perl and return with do it!)
>This is the current perl-5.003 release.  Any idea how I can
>rid my system of this problem?  (The perl scripts all run 
>fine, I am not that familiar with perl).

>warning: setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "") failed.
>warning: LC_ALL = "(null)", LC_CTYPE = "(null)", LANG = "de",
>warning: falling back to the "C" locale.

- -- 
/------------------------------------------------------------------\
| James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.  | Phone:  (423)576-8645  |   | L |
| Oak Ridge National Laboratory   | FAX:    (423)574-9172  | H | I |
| Research Reactors Division      | Internet: [email-masked] | F | N |
| P. O. Box 2008                  | Reactor Technology     | I | U |
| Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6392 | world's best neutrons! | R | X |
|------------------------------------------------------------------|
| out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T1, over the      |
| leased line, off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but Net |
\------------------------------------------------------------------/