Subject: Apache - catch 22?

From: Fundamental <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 19:55:39 +1000 (EST)

Hi i just grabbed the "unstable" apache package.  I tried to install it 
and it wouldnt because it need libc5 and libdbgm1 (?).  I grabbed these 
packages installed libc5 and then tried installing libdbgm1, guess what, 
libdbgm1 wont intsall because it wants version libc5-16 while i have 
libc5-18.

Where can i get libc5-16 oir a newer version of libdbgm1?

sheesh, sounds like im speaking in another language:)

thanks

---

From: "Susan G. Kleinmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 09:01:27 -0400

Hi Fun --

> libdbgm1 wont intsall because it wants version libc5-16 while i have 

dpkg --info libgdbm1_1.7.3-11.deb

yields:
...
Depends: libc5 (>=5.2.16-1)
...

The '>=' sign means that libgdbm1 depends on version/revisions equal to
or later than 5.2.16-1, so 5.2.18 should be fine.

Good luck,
Susan Kleinmann