Subject: Tex won't install

From: "John Houwen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 23:10:37 -0500

Hello All,

I want to thank you for the hand I got with my last adventure with 
dpkg/dselect and it (the link to /bin/perl from /usr/bin/perl) 
cleared up a lot of the problems.

However, the *entire* tex package won't install, telling me there are 
dependency problems and dselect (although it gives me loads of 
superfluos information) doesn't show the conflict between the 
packages so it can be corrected!

I'm very tempted to just go and get the source and compile/install 
the package myself.  I'd like to use the new system, but have more 
trouble with it than a kernel compilation :)

The distribution is from the middle of July, an i-connect CD.  The
problem stated by dpgk/dselect has something to do with texbin
installation postinst script not being able to find what its looking
for, I get an errormessage, and the remaining packages (latex, etc)
remain unconfigured If more information is required, it will be
included in the next post.

---

From: [email-masked] (Erick Branderhorst)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 08:24:07 +0100

> included in the next post. 

This is a known bug,  try the tex packages from unstable/binary-i386/tex.