Subject: Need volunteer to write shell script using dialog

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Perens)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 96 20:59 PDT

I need someone to write a shell script using dialog that guides a user through
setting up a PPP or SLIP connection. The tool set used must be limited to the
tools in the base floppies. These are the "ash" shell (like Bash, but small),
the "dialog" program, the "chat" program for making the connection, and either
"pppd" or "slattach" for maintaining the connection, and the "ifconfig" and
"route" programs. The "dip" program will not be used for slip because "chat"
and "slattach" can do the same job in less space, and more simply. Shell tools
like "sed" can be used.

The program should allow the user to enter phone number, login handshake,
type of authentication for ppp, etc. It should make the call, and if the
configuration gets made it should save the session as a shell script for
later invocation by "diald" and such things.

	Thanks

	Bruce

---

From: [email-masked] (Thomas R Behrndt)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 08:09:52 +1000 (EST)

Bruce,

If you don't already have a volunteer for this, I', willing to give it a try.

Thomas

-- 
Thomas R Behrndt					[email-masked]