Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: anacron (was called 'pe' before)

From: Christian Schwarz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 23:28:19 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi everbody!

I've just uploaded anacron_1.0-1 to the master server.
Note that I changed to name from `pe' to `anacron' which sounds better
(I think ;-).

If you downloaded the beta from the URL I posted here, I would suggest
that you install anacron, move your old configuration /etc/petab over the
new /etc/anacrontab and move all spool files from /var/lib/pe/* to
/var/spool/anacron/*. Then you should remove the old version with purge:
	dpkg --purge pe

For those who are intrested, here is an extrait from the readme:

------------
This is anacron (like `anac(h)ronistic') -- a cron-like program
that doesn't go by time.

It is useful for jobs, that don't have to run at a certain time, but
in a certain period. (That's why anacron was called `pe', periodic
execution, before.)

By not specifying a certain time when a job has to be executed
it is possible to use anacron on systems that don't run continously
but are powered on at different times every day.
------------

Cheers,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   [email-masked], [email-masked],
           !   ___;   [email-masked], [email-masked]
           \  /        
  \\\______/  !        PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
   \          /         http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/
-.-.,---,-,-..---,-,-.,----.-.-
  "DIE ENTE BLEIBT DRAUSSEN!"