Subject: RE: joe and lynx on a short terminal

From: Casper BodenCummins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 09:44:55 +0100

Dale,

> What I was looking for was more like what Gerry suggested.
> I also tried your suggestion on the LINES environment variable with little
> success.
> This is a REALLY DUMB terminal.

Have you tried stty rows 24?

> Is the syntax for this structure documented in the bash manual page? Can I
> put more than one command in the case block?

Why don't you take a look?

TTFN,
Casper.

---

From: Dale Scheetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 11:50:54 -0400 (EDT)

> Have you tried stty rows 24?

Wow! That actually fixes lynx! It even took care of the pre and post line
trash that was being left behind before.
Joe, however is still exhibiting some very strange behavior. First, if I
try to scroll across a line with the arrow keys, at about character 6 the
cursor skipps back to the beginning of the line. When typing a line this
same skipping back and forth happens at about character 65, but when the
smoke clears the line looks ok. I suspect that this has something to do
with the collumns value and will play with that value and see what
happens.

> Why don't you take a look?
Because I'm lazy? Actually I have very bad karma when it comes to key word
searches. I knew the bash manual was very large (from previous sessions)
and feared the worst. In this case it did not apply (both case and list as
search words gave me all the info)

Thanks for keeping me honest ;-)

Dwarf

------------                                          --------------

aka   Dale Scheetz                   Phone:   1 (904) 877-0257
      Flexible Software              Fax:     NONE 
      Black Creek Critters           e-mail:  [email-masked]

------------ If you don't see what you want, just ask --------------