Subject: Re: Compose characters in X

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Aug 1996 14:15:00 +0200

>>>>> Yves Arrouye writes:

  Yves>   - one user under VIP couldn't search because / is a prefix
  Yves>   key too :-(

Look at the function iso-accents-customize.  Here's what I set up for
German:

; put this in site-start.el or in .emacs
(eval-after-load
 "iso-acc"
 '(progn
    (setq iso-languages
	  (cons '("german" (?\" (?A . ?Ä) (?O . ?Ö) (?U . ?Ü)
				(?a . ?ä) (?o . ?ö) (?u . ?ü)
				(?s . ?ß) (?< . ?«) (?> . ?»)))
		iso-languages))
    (iso-accents-customize "german")))

But I think the default value of iso-languages has a value for french,
just German was missing -- let this be for the benefit of the German
readers of this mailing list...

kai
-- 
What's a signature?

---

From: Kai Grossjohann <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Aug 1996 14:19:43 +0200

>>>>> Yves Arrouye writes:

  Yves> If only Motif would get these keys too, and differentiate
  Yves> between backspace and delete, I'd be really happy.

I think Motif uses a way that involves the Multi_key keysym.  Assign
this keysym to some key and see if you can use it as a Compose key for
Motif programs.  (For me, Multi_key worked just fine for Emacs, too.
On a SPARC Solaris 2.5 machine, though.)

kai
-- 
What's a signature?

---

From: Mark Eichin <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Aug 1996 22:03:36 -0400

> which puzzles me. Why does the order differ? (BTW, in a mono xterm it
> works like under Emacs.)

I'm even more surprised, as color_xterm maintainer -- because
color_xterm should only differ from mono xterm in, you guessed it,
color features... as far as I can tell I'm building it with the same
sources and options as the xbase xterm is using...