Subject: Re: dselect returns error code

From: "Daniel Lynes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 19:50:35 +0700

On Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:22:38 +0200 (MET DST), Heiko R. Selber wrote:

>Hi Net,

Hello!

>  gcc-2.7.2-8 could not be installed (depends on binutils-2.6-2 which is 
>  not installed)

This is because binutils is not installed.  It needs to be installed
first, as there
are utilities in there that are used in the installation of gcc.

>Needless to say, binutils *is* installed (at least it is selected for 
>installation).

No.  It is selected for installation, but has not been installed,
because you
don't have it on your drive.

>When I tried it once more I got the cryptic message:
>
>  internal error at -e line 12 <P> chunk 16

This is because you told dselect where to go with its error, and now
it's
laughing at you, for being so stubborn. :)