Subject: X11 on TFT displays

From: Casper BodenCummins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 10:57:40 +0100

Hakan,

You don't need special X servers for laptop displays. You need only
concern yourself with the chipset used to control your display (eg:
Mach, Cirrus, etc). XFree86 servers for many chipsets are available as
Debian packages from ftp://ftp.debian.org or local mirrors.

TFT stands for Thin Film Technology. You may want to visit the Linux
Laptop Home Page at http://speedy.redhat.com/llhp. This carries a wealth
of useful info about running Linux and X on laptops, with links to many
useful sites.

Casper Boden-Cummins.

----------
From: 	Hakan Ardo[SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent: 	13 August 1996 21:00
To: 	Debian-user Mailing list
Subject: 	X11 on a protable ttf screen

I am planing to install Debian (including X11) on a portable computer
with a 
so called ttf screen. And I have heard that that requiers a special
XFree86 
server. My question is simply dose there excist such a server? And where
can I 
in that case find it? Once again thanx for a great distrobution and your
graet 
support.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------
 Name:      Hakan Ardo
 E-Mail:    [email-masked]
 WWW:       HTTP://www.ub2.lu.se/~hakan/sig.html
 Interests: WWW, Programming, 3D graphics

 Thought for the day: As long as one understands, the
 spelling does not matter :-)
----------------------------------------------------------