Subject: /dev/audio & /dev/dsp Device or resource busy ???

From: Stoyan Kenderov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 21:35:05 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello DEBIAN user/programmers,

After kernel v2.0.0 I have been unable to produce any sound on my SB16
sound card. 

Is there a known bug (up until kernel 2.0.15) in the SB16 code of USS that I
missed during my vacations?

The sparing comments in the source point to an IRQ or DMA conflict when one
gets constant "Device or Resource busy" mesages on each:

cat blabla.au > /dev/audio    or
cat uuhuu.wav > /dev/dsp

But I haven't changed anything in the configuration of my hardware, nor my
kernel parameters...

Sorry but I didn't encounter any hint's in my /var/adm/messages eighter.
The USS does not permit compilation with DEBUGING on, does it?

Thankfull for any hints or suggestions,

regards,
    Stoyan

-- 
Stoyan Kenderov                        /         phone: +49 721 9652 220
NTG Netzwerk und Telematic GmbH      \/          fax:   +49 721 9652 210
Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str. 3            /\ LINK     email: [email-masked]
D-76131 Karlsruhe, Germany          /_______     http://www.xlink.net/~kenderov
Opinions stated herein are my own, not necessarily my employer's 
                      [finger me for my PGP public key]