Subject: kernel-package

From: Jim Gerace <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 09:18:13 -0400

I'm using the latest kernel-package to build a kernel.
I have the Debian 1.1.2 release, and kernel sources 2.0.6 installed in
default location.
Doing a 'make-kpkg kernel_image' errors out when it cannot
find kernel.rules in the /usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.6/debian
directory. .
I noticed in installing the kernel-package (via dselect) it put
itself at /usr/lib/kernel-package and the debian subdir has kernel.rules
in it. Before I haphazardly just copy that dir over, am I missing
something significantly here? I can make kernel the old debian way
using 'debian-rules kernel_image' w/out any prob. But I want to do it
the new proper way. 
TIA,
Jim
===========================================================
Jim Gerace
Senior Systems Engineer
email: [email-masked]
www:   http://www.kasinet.com