Subject: Re: LyX

From: [email-masked] (Erick Branderhorst)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 09:45:25 +0100

> I can't find the default format file!
> 
> What am I missing?  I've played with TeX a little in the past (went
> through the online TeXBook), but I've never used LaTeX before.

LaTeX package was broken.  Is fixed in version 2e-7. You need mflib 1.0-8
as well.

Erick

---

From: Steven Tonnesen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 18:25:37 -0700 (PDT)

I just tried using Lyx for the first time tonight, and I get the following
result in the controlling terminal when I try to run LaTeX from the File
Menu:

Steve.

---

From: Michael Meskes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 11:24:32 +0200 (MET DST)

> through the online TeXBook), but I've never used LaTeX before.

Maybe you should try to run Latex manually to get a better error message.
But I doubt it. I would recommend you re-install the latex packages.

Michael

-- 
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
[email-masked] |   / ___// ____/ // / / __ \___  __________
[email-masked]                  |   \__ \/ /_  / // /_/ /_/ / _ \/ ___/ ___/
[email-masked]                |  ___/ / __/ /__  __/\__, /  __/ /  (__  )
Use Debian Linux!                | /____/_/      /_/  /____/\___/_/  /____/

---

From: Marek Duszynski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 10:00:13 +0000

> through the online TeXBook), but I've never used LaTeX before.

I had the same problem a few days ago.
If you are using latex version latex-2e-4 (you can check
issuing the command: "dpgk -l latex\*") get latex-2e-7 and 
mflib-1.0-8 from rex/binary-all/tex .

-- 

Marek

Marek Duszynski                 Tel   : +44 (0)171 589 5111  extn. 57040       
PG Mech-Eng.                    Fax   : +44 (0)171 823 8845    
Imperial College              email   : [email-masked]
Exhibition Road        
London SW7 2BX        
UK