Subject: #1, make it boot. Engage.

From: "Charles A. Schuman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 21:10:22 -0500 (CDT)

My number one stumbling block with Linux seems to be making it boot.

I've a kernel on the /dev/sda2 partition in the /boot directory,
and it's called vmlinuz.   My boot partition doesn't seem to be set
correctly, because it's not booting /dev/sda2 as root.  Instead, it
displays "Loading Linux ....", then "boot: " and then 
"Loading Linux ...." again in an endless loop.  I've read about lilo,
and the lilo.conf file, but am not sure how to get the boot sector
configured correctly if I can't boot.   Is there any solution to this
dilema?

Charles

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 02:43:51 -0400

> "Loading Linux ...." again in an endless loop. 

Is it possible that you have a disk that is bigger than your bios rom
knows how to handle?  Or that you changed the kernel but didn't run lilo
again?