Subject: dosemu whoes

From: Dirk Bernhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Aug 1996 12:35:56 +0200

Hi!

My problem:

umrk:~$ dos
dos: can't find library 'libX11.so.6'
umrk:~$ 

Though it's in /usr/X11R6/lib/. I tried running ldconfig, making a
link to /usr/lib, but it did not help. What do I do wrong?

Debian/GNU 1.1.5 with Kernel 2.0.14.

Ciao,
	- Krid -

---

From: Shaya Potter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 09:27:24 -0400 (EDT)

I think you need the xcompat package because dosemu is still an aout 
package.  However, you might also have another problem in acessing the 
floppy drive, once you get the previous problem fixed.  If you do ( which 
you will be able to tell, by it saying can't access floppy not a good day 
to die), you should replace the floppy line in dosemu.conf to read

floppy { image "/var/lib/dosemu/fd0image" }

and then dd the boot floppy to the image by running

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/var/lib/dosemu/fd0image
	   ^assuming A: drive,     ^if not, might want to change this too.

This is only a fix to let you get dosemu up and running, it means you 
don't really have access to a floppy drive.  This bug has been fixed in 
the Development releases, if you wan't to install those on your own.

Hope this helps,

Shaya
--
Shaya Potter
[email-masked]