Subject: Installing 1.1 on a Thinkpad 560

From: Syrus Nemat-Nasser <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 15:24:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hello folks.  My dad just got a nice laptop: IBM Thinkpad 560.
I'm trying to install 1.1 on it, but I can't get it to read
the ROOT disk from the floppy.  I did write "floppy=thinkpad"
on the boot line as well as leaving it out.  The error is:

	end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00, sector 0

The hard drive and processor were correctly detected according
to the messages during bootup.  The RAMDISK was apparently enabled
correctly, so the only problem is with the floppy.  It is an
external floppy.  When it tries to find the ROOT disk, the floppy
is briefly accessed.

I'd appreciate any help or pointers.  I'm already reading the "Linux
on Thinkpads" web page.

Thanks.  Syrus.

----------------------------------------------------------
Syrus Nemat-Nasser <[email-masked]>    UCSD Physics Dept.

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Perens)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 96 20:56 PDT

There's a ThinkPad FAQ in the Linux FAQ collection.

	Bruce