Subject: Re: Xterm

From: "Susan G. Kleinmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 13:31:43 -0400

Robert MacQuarrie writes:
> anyways i have the xserver_vga16 installed. when i ...login as root with 
> the passwd and it just freezes :
Sounds like a problem with your server.  
Suggestion:
  Install either the xserver-mono_3.1.2-5.deb or xserver-svga_3.1.2-5.deb
  Then bring up Netscape.
  Then use the Usenet search tool 
	http://www.dejanews.com/forms/dnquery.html
  to find out what kinds of experiences other people have had with X and
  setups like yours.

>( also i have no use of the mouse either. 
> my mouse is a Logitech but durring boot shows as ps/2. do i configure it
> to ps/2 or logitech?
Some Logitech (brand name) mice have PS/2 interfaces.  It sounds like yours
does.  You need to rebuild your kernel with PS/2 support in it.  You also
need to specify in your /etc/X11/XF86Config that your mouse is
a PS/2 mouse.

HTH,
Susan Kleinmann
[email-masked]