Subject: debian mirror in Australia

From: Hamish Moffatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 16:15:42 +1000 (EST)

Are there any other mirrors of ftp.debian.org in Australia besides
sunsite.anu.edu.au and ftp.debian.org.au? Both of these two seem to
be a bit behind with their mirroring, but the link to the US
is very very slow lately; looks like it's going to take hours
to get the updated manual pages .. :-(

thanks,

Hamish
(Debian user as of last Friday, and loving it..)

---

From: Karl Ferguson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 19:57:50 +0800

>to get the updated manual pages .. :-(

ftp.tower.net.au (aka ftp.debian.org.au) isn't outdated, it's simply offline
due to a scsi cdrom problem (we're working on this at the moment) - in fact
mirror last run last night and there weren't many files to get from debian.org.

It should be back up within a few days after we've isolated the problem
further - in the mean time you may like to try getting them from
ftp.it.com.au:/mirrors/linux/debian, however I don't know how up-to-date
they are.

Regards,

...Karl

--
Karl Ferguson, 
Tower Networking Pty Ltd (ACN: 072 322 760)        [email-masked]
t/a STAR Online Services                           [email-masked]
Tel: +61-9-455-3446  Fax: +61-9-455-2776           http://www.star.net.au/