Subject: xanim being uploaded to distribution

From: Shaya Potter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 16:59:59 -0400 (EDT)

I currently do not have an account on master.debian.org, but I have sent 
Bruce Perens the files, and he has been kind enough to upload them for 
me, so they should be appearing on the mirrors soon.

Shaya

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Date: 09 Aug 96 15:24 UT
Format: 1.6
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: Low
Maintainer: Shaya Potter <[email-masked]>
Source: xanim
Version: 2.70.6.3-1
Binary:  xanim
Architecture:  i386
Description:
 xanim: Plays many Multimedia files
Changes:
 2.70.6.3-1
        *Added Debian support files
Files:
 cfa0270b64443032ea371aff79a7aed9  282122  non-free  optional  
xanim_2.70.6.3-1_i386.deb
 3e8f9b7220e3413e4fd99fa8078a4a71  429495  non-free  -  
xanim-2.70.6.3-1.tar.gz
 41b2ca2f7ac26a500170f84c231f2b95  3944  non-free  -  
xanim-2.70.6.3-1.diff.gz

---

From: Craig Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 09:11:18 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Shaya Potter wrote:

> I currently do not have an account on master.debian.org, but I have
> sent Bruce Perens the files, and he has been kind enough to upload
> them for me, so they should be appearing on the mirrors soon.

great!  useful program...

does it do it's own sound i/o, or does it use the Network Audio System?
(debian package nas 1.2p4-1)

I downloaded a pre-compiled binary from sunsite a few months ago (so i could
view mpegs etc directly from netscape).  i like the program, but in order to
hear any sound, i had to disable NAS with '/etc/init.d/nas stop'

does this version use NAS?

Alternatively, is there a version of NAS which transparently allows
NAS and non-NAS access to the sound card (possibly via a kludge like
replacing the /dev/audio device node with a named pipe)

Craig