Subject: Re: module cdu31a fails on insert

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Perens)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 14:31 PDT

Susan:
> I'm getting confused.  Isn't the purpose of /usr/lib/module_help/arguments
> to document the arguments that can be given to a module when it is
> activated?

I don't think the cdu31a information is in there - we must have missed
it when we created modconf. Also, not everyone uses modconf, which is the
only thing that displays the module_help files.

We don't have a person who follows the kernel and keeps an accurate list
of module arguments. Also, Lars took on "modconf" when I had too much to
do, but he was less than enthusiastic about it. We could use another
volunteer to be the module mayven.

	Thanks

	Bruce

---

From: Lars Wirzenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:49:03 +0300

> volunteer to be the module mayven.

Ilucius ([email-masked]) took it from me, but I'm not sure if we
bothered to tell anyone. (Ilucius, perhaps you can confirm this.)

-- 
Rural sizes win <[email-masked]> <http://www.iki.fi/liw/>
Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list.

---

From: llucius <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 21:28:01 -0500 (CDT)

> bothered to tell anyone. (Ilucius, perhaps you can confirm this.)
Yep, your right.  I neglected to inform anyone.  (face red in shame)  
I've been playing around with this architecture independence stuff that I 
COMPLETELY forgot about it.  But, since I'll be without a modem for a 
few days, I'll take the time to scan the kernel source for any 
additions/differences.

Leland

__ Y_ a_ m_ b_ o_ | The leanest, meanest, fightinest sweet tater on Earth!
   oo o  oo o  o  | 
    o       o   o | [email-masked]
 o oo    o     o  | 
-- -- -- -- -- -- | http://www.millcomm.com/~llucius       (maybe one day)