Subject: Sendmail configuration question

From: Erik van der Meulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 11:14:14 +0200

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

I have been playing about with my new Debian distribution for a 
week or so now. Great stuff. I have managed to configure most of 
my file, print, mail and fax server apart from a small send mail 
issue (and of course that mgetty console message: 
'/usr/lib/mgetty+sendfax/new-fax: No such file or directory' 
which I assume to be a minor bug for the time bieng).

My problem is that I am unable to get any mail queued for UUCP 
delivery. Internal SMPT mail works fine, incoming UUCP no probs. 
I am no way near of a mail expert and I have spend some time 
fiddling with the configuration script and adding some UUCP 
lines. This resulted in the following .mc file. I would be happy 
if anyone would shoot at it...

        #
        # This file is used to configure sendmail for use with 
Debian systems.
        #

        divert(0)
        VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc	8.7 (Linux) 3/5/96')
        OSTYPE(debian)dnl
        FEATURE(nocanonify)dnl
        FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
        FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
        FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
        FEATURE(nodns)dnl
        define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN', `1d')dnl
        MAILER(local)dnl
        MAILER(smtp)dnl
        Cwavondel.xs4all.nl
        MASQUERADE_AS(avondel.xs4all.nl)dnl
        
        ## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)
        
        MAILER(uucp)dnl
        define(`SMART_HOST', uucp:avondel)

- --
My setup is really simple:

my ISP is called:      xs4all.nl
my UUCP node:          avondel

I really hope someone can point my in the right direction. Thanks 
all for the attention,

Erik van der Meulen
[email-masked]

Erik van der Meulen

  SFS+: [email-masked]  p: +31 30 2803222  f: +31 30 2803909
  NCM:  [email-masked]                 p: +31 20 5532116  f: +31 20 5532829
  Home: [email-masked]     p: +31 20 6851618  f: +31 20 6896569