Subject: tar gives "segmentation fault" !!

From: Guglielmo Rabbiolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 00:53:35 -0500

hi folks,

Just after having installed Debian 1.1.3 from buzz-fixed/1996_07_14 I was
using tar to copy debian packages on the disk, more precisely:

tar -xvMf /dev/fd0

(they are multi-volume files).
Doing this I get "segmentation fault".

I've tried with different volume sets (I've done one for each section,
base, admin, devel .... etc) and I get inconsistent results. Some
stops at the very first disk and some after that.

Moreover dropping the -M or -v or both option (that of course results
in a incomplete backup) works for the volume sets that stops at the
first disk.
 
Anyboby experiencing the same?
Any idea.

Any help is very appreciated.

-------------------------------------------
Guglielmo Rabbiolo ([email-masked])
Mathematics Department, 
Purdue University, W Lafayette IN
-------------------------------------------