Subject: Re: unreliable service of I-Connect

From: Joshua Stockwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 08:18:45 -0400

I ordered my cd July 26, a little over a week ago, and I still haven't
received it either. I wish they wouldn't post that they can ship in
2-3 days if they can't. That's very frustrating, I've preped my system
and all I'm waiting for is the distribution.

I'm going to call and tell them if I don't receive it this week I'm
canceling my order.

	-Josh Stockwell

---

From: Dale Scheetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 12:02:36 -0400 (EDT)

> I'm going to call and tell them if I don't receive it this week I'm

I'm sorry to but in here, but I feel I must comment.

If you are impatient after only waiting a week (or three in the case of
the Israel order) you need to kick back and chill out a bit. Joshua in
particular needs to get a grip. I ship CDs both inside and outside the US
and have often had shippments take more than a week inside the US. Outside
the US, an AirMail posting from New Zealand took almost 4 weeks to get
here, and my AirMail deliverys to Europe take a good solid 3 weeks. So, be
patient and don't lay all the blame on Simon.

Technically, I am in "competition" with I-connect (and the rest of the
world) for CD sales, but (as far as I know) Simon and I are friends and
associates, and I must say that I know Simon to be honest and trustworthy,
and as dedicated a person as I have know in this group. Those who have
complained about the poor service, will, I hope, spread the responsibility
for the delays more evenly on the rest of the people that are in your
"critical path" and not heap it all on one person, who is doing his best
to provide service.

Soapbox mode off,

Dwarf

------------                                          --------------

aka   Dale Scheetz                   Phone:   1 (904) 877-0257
      Flexible Software              Fax:     NONE 
      Black Creek Critters           e-mail:  [email-masked]

------------ If you don't see what you want, just ask --------------

---

From: "Richard G. Roberto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 12:04:30 -0400 (EDT)

Joshua,

I too had a similar problem.  My order from i-Connect was
three weeks late, but I called Simon and he explained the
problems he had and apologized.  He also gave me a new ship
date another week later, which was acceptable.  I would have
liked to have gotten my CD on time too, but sometimes these
things happen.  I know from dealing with Sun Microsystems
that these things happen to everyone and not just i-Connect.

I think that as long as Simon is keeping his customers
properly informed, and not BS'ing us, we should have a
little patience in understanding his situation.  I've been
waiting for Sparc Ultra 2's from Sun for two months, but
instead of getting upset, I simply need to be informed of
the current ship status.  Simon has been honest and up front
with me, so I have nothing bad to say.  If i-Connect can't
meet your needs though, perhaps you should look at other
options.  I simply don't think bashing Simon here is going
to help matters.  JMHO.  :-)

I believe Dale and Bruce are also selling CD's, no?  Maybe
you should see what their lead times are and see if they can
meet your needs.  I can tell you that after finally getting
my Debian CD, it was well worth the wait.

> I'm going to call and tell them if I don't receive it this week I'm

Richard G. Roberto
[email-masked]
201-739-2886 - whippany, nj

--
*******************************************************************************
Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.
*******************************************************************************