Subject: des encryption..

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 12:33:50 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all!

On our Sun network we have a program called 'des' for encrypting
and decrypting files.  Is this same des program available for
Debian?  I know I could use things like pgp, etc.. but, we already
have des on the rest of the network so I would like the same
on my Linux box.

Cheers!
Richard..

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Dansereau
Email: [email-masked]          Home page:  http://pobox.com/~rdanse
Electrical and Computer Engineering - University of Manitoba - Canada
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Dominik Kubla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 16:11:06 +0200

Look at my SSLeay Package (not yet fully functional) at

   ftp://ftp.uni-mainz.de/pub/Linux/debian-local/

It contains the whole familiy of des commands. (BTW. This is the first
Debian package to actually use /opt, so make sure your root partition has
enought free space before installing it or make a symlink /opt -> /usr/opt)

Yours,
  Dominik Kubla

---

From: Ian Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 96 23:30 BST

> enought free space before installing it or make a symlink /opt -> /usr/opt)

Can we please put /opt -> /usr/opt and the empty /opt tree in the base
package, before things get any worse ?

Also I propose to mandate in the policy manual that packages which use
/opt should provide appropriate links or files in
/opt/{bin,lib,man,include,info,doc} and that packages which search
paths must look in /opt too.  Comments ?  (And see the recent
FSSTND/FHS work on /opt - it's deliberately very vague.)

Ian.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 08:57:56 +0200 (MET DST)

> FSSTND/FHS work on /opt - it's deliberately very vague.)

And where goes the copyright file ? /opt/doc/<package>/copyright ? This will
be messy.  /usr/doc/<package>/copyright seems to be inappropriate as well.