Subject: bsdgames

From: Hamish Moffatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 19:28:03 +1000 (EST)

Has anyone done a package of the bsd games collection?
I'm missing hangman since upgrading from slackware ;-)

thanks,
hamish

---

From: Sven Rudolph <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 12:36:44 +0200

> I'm missing hangman since upgrading from slackware ;-)

Some of them (e.g. fortune) are available as extra packages. But a
package for all the small BSD games would be nice ;-)

	Sven
-- 
Sven Rudolph <[email-masked]> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/

---

From: Dominik Kubla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 14:17:37 +0200

>>>>> Hamish Moffatt writes:

> Has anyone done a package of the bsd games collection?  I'm missing
> hangman since upgrading from slackware ;-)

I did consider it, but the linux-ports are way to old and use
/etc/termcap instead of /usr/lib/terminfo (yes, i know that ncurses
has an emulation).  Unfortunately the newer NetBSD sources are
incompatible with the Linux BSD emulation, so that this means a lot of
work.  I am currently working on a port of the latest csh sources and
if i get my new bsd44compat library running i might have a shot at
bsdgames (i'd love to play sail and wumpus on debian!)

Dominik