Subject: inewsinn?

From: "Larry 'Daffy' Daffner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 14:47:17 -0500

I seem to be having a problem with inewsinn.  I compiled nn locally
and set it up to use inews (from the inewsinn package) to post the
article.  However, when inews goes to send the article, it creates
large amounts of traffic over my serial link.  I would assume it's
trying to get the active or newsgroups file from my NNTP server.  Is
this normal, and if so, is there some way to configure or set up
things so that it won't try to do this?

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  [email-masked] / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes
hurtling down the highway.  -- Andrew Tanenbaum

---

From: [email-masked] (Miquel van Smoorenburg)
Date: 25 Aug 1996 13:35:14 +0200

In article <m0uuOfv-0003G5C@pinky>,
>things so that it won't try to do this?

Hmm, I don't know what its doing but you could try to strace it to
find out. Install "strace" from the devel/ tree, and when your inews
has started find out its process id with "ps ax | grep inews" and then
strace it with "strace -fp process_id_here". You can then see exactly
what it is doing..

Mike.
-- 
+   Miquel van Smoorenburg   + Cistron Internet Services +  Living is a     |
|  [email-masked] (SP6)  | Independent Dutch ISP     |   horizontal     |
+ [email-masked] + http://www.cistron.nl/    +      fall        +