Subject: Re: minimal system

From: Erik van der Meulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 11:11:04 +0200

At 12:03 AM 8/29/96 -0700, Mike& Candy List wrote:

>can anyone advise a new debian user on a scenario in which a useable
>system can be installed on a 120 meg hard drive with a 20 meg swap
>on another disk? If I can't use it for much then it seems that I would 
>be better off going back to microstuffit- not all bad but........
>thanks 1&all    Mike List
>

You might want to be a bit more specific as to what exactly would
make a system usable in your case.
I use a Debian box for file and printer sharing, UUCP mail and news
server, internet gateway and fax server. On my 220 Mb disk about 40%
is used by the system.
If on the other hand you need X, you are going to run out of disk space.
But then, the latest graphical shells of 'microstuffit' will not 
fit either.

Regards,

  Erik van der Meulen

  e: [email-masked]  p: +31 20 685 1618  f: +31 20 689 6569