Subject: fvwm95 not finding files...

From: "Michael J. Cotherman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 19:26:24 -0700

I have installed fvwm95, and keep running into the same errors, 
-lfvwm95-2  file or directory not found...
X11/xdm.h   file or directory not found...

yes, I added . to my PATH, (why my base install did not add it, 
I do not know...

I installed fvwm2 on my system and it works, and I have installed 
fvwm95 on a friends slackware system, his works great, I'm jealous..

Thanks for any help

mike cotherman

PS If I knew how to make .deb packages yet, I would try to make one
for fvwm95..

---

From: Klee Dienes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 22:15:09 -0700

There's a preliminary packaging of fvwm95 in
ftp.sedona.com:/pub/linux/debian.

It works fine, but currently conflicts with the standard fvwm and
fvwm2.  Perhaps you'd be willing to download my copy as a starting
point and take over maintenance of the package?  You can find
information on registering as a debian developer at
<http://sgk.phast.umass.edu/FAQ/debian-faq-14.html#ss14.1>.  Let me
know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to help you get
started.

---

From: Andrew Booker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 12:59:03 -0400 (EDT)

> fvwm2.  Perhaps you'd be willing to download my copy as a starting

fvwm95 shares many files with fvwm2 (all of the modules).  This should
be reworked so that the files can be shared when both window managers
are installed.

Andy