Subject: Re: Ftp method in dselect

From: Al Youngwerth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 11:41:50 -0600

I also just purged dpkg-ftp accidentally but I can't find it anywhere! Is dpkg-ftp only in the base package included on the boot floppies?

Al Youngwerth
[email-masked]

---

From: Andy Guy <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Aug 1996 23:24:23 -0600

Al Youngwerth <[email-masked]> writes:

> I also just purged dpkg-ftp accidentally but I can't find it
> anywhere! Is dpkg-ftp only in the base package included on the boot
> floppies?

look in project/experimental.

Guy: could you move dpkg-ftp into unstable, this would avoid these
problems.

Andy.

---

From: Christian Hudon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 07:45:19 -0700 (PDT)

> Guy: could you move dpkg-ftp into unstable, this would avoid these

I agree... IMHO, the current version of dpkg-ftp is certainly good enough
for 'unstable'. And since we're including it with the base disks now,
it seems illogical to hide the .deb in project/experimental.

  Christian