Subject: All my memory disappears, rather too quickly

From: Jeppe Sigbrandt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 16:14:44 +0100 (BST)

Hi again,

In addition to previous mail, would like to add that
I've started receiving messages like this too:
(hope someone knows what it means and that its relevant ...)

Regards,
jay

Aug 16 16:11:31 named[145]: NSTATS 840208291 840075082 A=102 PTR=2 MX=3
ANY=3
Aug 16 16:11:31 named[145]: XSTATS 840208291 840075082 RQ=110 RR=44
RIQ=0 RNXD=1 RFwdQ=37 RFwdR=30 RDupQ=0 RDupR=0 RFail=0 RFErr=0 RErr=0
RTCP=0 RAXFR=0 RLame=0 ROpts=0 SSysQ=38 SAns=73 SFwdQ=37 SFwdR=30
SDupQ=0 SFail=43 SFErr=0 SErr=0 RNotNsQ=110 SNaAns=72 SNXD=1

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 96 12:22 EDT

Jay> In addition to previous mail, would like to add that I've started
  Jay> receiving messages like this too: 
[...]
  Jay> Aug 16 16:11:31 named[145]: NSTATS 840208291 840075082 A=102 PTR=2
  Jay> MX=3 ANY=3 Aug 16 16:11:31 named[145]: XSTATS 840208291 840075082
  Jay> RQ=110 RR=44 RIQ=0 RNXD=1 RFwdQ=37 RFwdR=30 RDupQ=0 RDupR=0 RFail=0
  Jay> RFErr=0 RErr=0 RTCP=0 RAXFR=0 RLame=0 ROpts=0 SSysQ=38 SAns=73
  Jay> SFwdQ=37 SFwdR=30 SDupQ=0 SFail=43 SFErr=0 SErr=0 RNotNsQ=110
  Jay> SNaAns=72 SNXD=1

It means you are are running the named daemon from the bind package. Sure you
need an internet name server on your machine?

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                             http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd