Subject: Power management and sleep

From: Pieter Vankeerberghen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 11:07:42 +0200

Collegues

I installed Debian/Linux 1.1 on a Intel Endeavour P133
system. When I leave the system for a while, the screen
blacks out and the system seems to be sleeping, I guess the APM
function. -=The green led on the box blinks instead of normal behaviour.-

This sleeping is desirable, but not during long computations
when it also sleeps and stops the system.

Any pointers ? Thanks in advance.

Pieter Vankeerberghen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pieter Vankeerberghen                       tel: +00 32 2 477 43 29
Fabi/ChemoAc, Vrije Universiteit Brussel    fax: +00 32 2 477 47 35
Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels, Belgium    email: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Susan G. Kleinmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 06:03:57 -0400

Hi Pieter -- 

You asked:
> ... sleeping is desirable, but not during long computations
> Any pointers ? 

You could try either or both of these:
a) check out your CMOS setup.  Perhaps it is initiating a sleeping mode
   you hadn't intended.
b) turn off APM in the kernel.

Good luck,
Susan Kleinmann