Subject: Problem

From: Dolgopolsky Igor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 16:37:49 +0300

Hello there!!!

I have a problem. I have a RedHat CD and installed linux, but i have a
problem with my AHA-2940 in the kernel 1.2.13 (it's not supported)
I get kernel 2.0.0 and compiled it for my system with all common
options:
AHA-2940 support, SLIP, PPP, Networking, TCP/IP, autoload modules etc.
When i first time boot the new kernel image i get this messages:

On rpc.mountd i get the message :
"rpc.mountd Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to send;
errno = Network is unreachable unable to register (mountd, 1, udp)."

On rpc.nfsd i get the message :
".rpc.nfsd Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to send;
errno = Network is unreachable unable to register (nfsd, 2, udp)."

I realy don't know what is this means but i don't like it. On reboot
i get after KILL another message: "INIT: error reading initrequest"
about a minute. After this my computer reboots. All my attempts to work
with netvork failed (on ftp to 127.0.0.1 i get the message
"Network is unreachable").

My system is Pentium 100, 32M, FX Triton, 2 IDE disks, PCI AHA-2940,
SCSI disk, SCSI CD-ROM, Creative SB16, modem.

I'm new in linux, please help me to understand what is my problem &
how can i fix it. 10x.

-- 
#########    #######  #######        ##########  ##########
 #########    #####    #####         ##########  ##########
  ###   ###    ###      ###                ###   ###   ####
  ###   ###    ###      ###               ###        ####
  ###   ###    ###      ###              ###       ####
  ###   ###    ###      ###   ###       ###      ####
 #########    #####    ###########     ###       ##########
#########    #######  #############   ###        ##########