Subject: Where can I ftp pcmcia package

From: EDWARD FORREST URENDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 11:46:34 -0700 (PDT)

could someone tell me where I can ftp debian pcmcia package from?

sorry if the question is dumb

eddie urenda
[email-masked]

---

From: "Susan G. Kleinmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 17:40:48 -0400

Hi Eddie --
You can get the Debian pcmcia package from any Debian mirror.  

               ftp.caldera.com:/pub/mirrors/debian
is close to UCLA.
When you get there (i.e., when you get to pub/mirrors/debian, 
which is where Caldera puts the Debian distribution -- this top level 
directory is different on different mirrors), look in the directory 
   rex/binary-i386/admin
for the pcm* files.

It's not clear from your message that you are using a Debian system.
You'll need one to unpack the .deb files.  If you don't have a Debian
system, you may prefer to fetch the sources from rex/source/admin,
and then compile them yourself.

If this isn't clear, let me know and I'll try to give you more help;
however, I don't use the pcm* files myself, so I can't be much help on
that score.

Good luck,
Susan Kleinmann

---

From: EDWARD FORREST URENDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:21:40 -0700 (PDT)

I have kerne 2.0.6 though and it expects kernel 2.0.7.  Where can I find 
a version that expects version 2.0.6 of the kernel.  If this is not 
possible, how hard is it to upgrade my kernel ?

Eddie Urenda