Subject: Re: Two Questions

From: [email-masked] (Tim O'Brien)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 10:50:52 -0500

>Tim O'Brien wrote:
>
>> Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there is a problem with the
>> Diamond card. If memory serves me well, Diamond does not publicize code
>> to drive their cards without signing a non-disclosure agreement. Since
>> Linux includes all source code under GNU, this would break the NDA and
>> cause all sortsa trouble.
>
>Well You wrong ..  :)... It was just that you had to invoke a -bpp 16
>switch when you started X... BUT I think your answer still applys
>for the Matrox cards... Diamond was like that before (2 years ago or so)

Ok, I stand corrected. As a matter of fact, I think it was probably about 
2 years or so ago that I heard this. 

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be APPROXIMATED! 

  [email-masked]      <-- (Primary email)
  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------