Subject: tar-1.11.11-2.deb broken?

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Baetzler)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 17:48:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I've just spent the last few hours trying to figure out why make-kpkg
wouldn't work for me. It looks like tar-1.11.11-2.deb from unstable is
the culprit: with this tar, I get a file permission modification error
for include/asm when make-kpkg dist is run.

Anyways, downgrading to the tar of the buzz release seem to fix this for
me. Is this a tar or a make-kpkg problem?

Ciao,
Thomas

---

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Aug 1996 12:35:52 -0500

> me. Is this a tar or a make-kpkg problem?
 
As I understand it, that upstream version of tar is "broken".  Debian
is going to revert to an earlier version until the problems are
fixed.  You did the right thing.

--
Rob