Subject: a problem with "screen"

From: Pure Energy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 22:54:34 -0400 (EDT)

hello all,
	well not sure if i should ask here or not but here it goes. today
i tried to run screen but it has just started to continiously terminate.
it would look something like this:

timberwolf >screen irc Adrenolin
the screen then clears and i get a msg,
[screen is terminating]
and it returns to the prompt.

	i have run screen now for weeks without this problem. the strange
thing is that it does this on my personal account, root and one other. on
all other accounts screen runs fine. i have exited out of the account and
re-logged in to no avail. i did a complete shutdown and after i rebooted
it still refuses to run on these 3 accounts. 
	i know it is not a memery problem:

             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:         38828      15180      23648       5980       2372       8848
-/+ buffers:             3960      34868
Swap:        32252          0      32252
	
	and i'm not useing any sort of quotas on this system. any ideas
out there as to how to correct this? thanx in advance :)
-Rob

	/---------------------------------------------------------\
	|   	        Robert "Adrenolin" MacQuarrie             |
	|		     [email-masked]                  | 
	|	        [email-masked]	          |
	|=========================================================|
	|     ProvisioNet Distributions at New Jersey Branch      |
	|	   Email: [email-masked]           |
	\---------------------------------------------------------/

---

From: Owen Crow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 06:34:46 -0700 (PDT)

> the screen then clears and i get a msg,

Sounds like your path to irc may be bad. Have you tried running screen
w/o the irc? 

> all other accounts screen runs fine. 

Do these accounts have a unique feature such as the only ones using a
certain shell? If so, they may share a global config file with an incorrect
path.

If that's not it, try adding DEBUG ON in your .screenrc.

Good luck,
Owen