Subject: Printing over Ethertalk

From: Shaya Potter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 17:44:20 -0400 (EDT)

You may remember that I posted a little while ago about not being able to 
print over ethertalk.  Well now I can print, but that doesn't do me that 
much good because it just keeps on printing.  I have tried many things, 
but I can't seem to figure out what's going wrong.  I could modify a lpr 
script I have, but that wouldn't do me any good because I still wan't to 
use lpd and lpr that came with the system.

I am begining to think their is either a bug in psf (comes in the 
netatalk package) or in lpr/lpd.  When ever I print with pap alone, it 
prints fine.  However when I use psf as an input filter in the printcap 
file, and then I call it with lpr, it prints an infinite amount of 
copies.  

Has anyone ever seen this behavior before from either lpr/lpd or psf.  
The only things I can think of are maybe the printer's the problem (HP 
LaserJet 4M Plus) or the permissions of the spool directory are wrong.

drwxr-sr-x   2 root     lp           1024 Aug 22 15:37 hplj4m

Thanks

Shaya
--
Shaya Potter
[email-masked]