Subject: Re: MajorDomo Problem with "wrapper"

From: Erik van der Meulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 12:19:48 +0200

At 11:31 PM 8/27/96 -0400, Brian C. White wrote:
>
>Any mail sent to the "majordomo" alias and gets piped into the majordomo
>command via "wrapper" causes majordomo to just spin its wheels, chewing
>cpu cycles and allocating more and more memory.  If I run the command
>manually ("wrapper majordomo <email") it does the same thing.  If I leave
>off the wrapper and do (as root) "majordomo <email", it functions correctly.
>

This symptom with majordomo usually indicates a problem with access rights.
When I installed the majordomo package, I recall some sort of error message
complaining about an existing majordomo user/group (bug?). After deleting
those and reinstalling majordomo, everything was okay. Could your problem be
related to this?

Regards,

  Erik van der Meulen

  e: [email-masked]  p: +31 20 685 1618  f: +31 20 689 6569

---

From: "Brian C. White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 13:35:25 -0400

> This symptom with majordomo usually indicates a problem with access rights.

Yup.  All the directories were owned by admin.qmail or something similar.
Removing and re-installing majordomo fixed all that.

Thanks!
                                             
                                          Brian
                                 ( [email-masked] )
                                             
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Searching for something?  Look to us!  http://www.verisim.com/ferret/

---

From: Steffen Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 09:08:25 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Brian C. White wrote:

G'morning everybody,

> Removing and re-installing majordomo fixed all that.

Is qmail already debianized ? This thing is lightning fast and very
fexible. I replaced my sendmail installation with qmail recently on my
private system but as you can imagine... not in the proper "debian way".

Greetings,

Steffen
-----
PGP Key fingerprint =  65 18 4E 37 BA F7 4D 67  39 F2 DE F7 99 37 BA 00
PGP Key is available under : http://www.xlink.net/~steffen/steffen.asc
-----
Steffen R.Mueller               __  ___ _       _     email: [email-masked]
NTG Netzwerk und Telematic GmbH \ \/ / (_)_ __ | | __ fax  : +49 721 9652 210
Geschaeftsbereich Xlink          \  /| | | '_ \| |/ / phone: +49 721 9652 211
Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str. 3        /  \| | | | | |   <  RIPE : SM25-RIPE
D-76131 Karlsruhe, Germany      /_/\_\_|_|_| |_|_|\_\ WWW.Xlink.net/~steffen