Subject: exmh and Xauthority

From: [email-masked] (Giuseppe Vacanti)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:53:39 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with exmh (or X). When I start exmh I get a string
of

BGRegister insecure server (must run old style xauth). Command ignored.

I think I understand what is happening: my X server is not generating
the ~/.Xauthority file needed to run secure and exmh complains. But I
haven't been able to fix this problem.

What do tou suggest?

Thanks,

	-giuseppe

---

From: Philippe Troin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 18:58:12 -0700

> haven't been able to fix this problem.

The simplier way is to use xdm.
Alternately, you can create the cookie by yourself if you want to use startx. I've got a small program (20 lines of C) that generates such cookies. Email if you want it.

Phil.

---

From: Maarten Boekhold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 00:30:26 +0200 (MET DST)

> Alternately, you can create the cookie by yourself if you want to use startx. I've got a small program (20 lines of C) that generates such cookies. Email if you want it.

I have a much smpler setup, using a .xserverrc file. It's about 6 lines. 
Similar, mail me (or on the list) if somebody wants this (don't have it 
on this site, so can't include it here, besides, while I'm typing this, 
I'm loaded, this took me about 3 minutes to type :).

Maarten

_____________________________________________________________________________
|     Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electrical Engineering TU Delft,   NL    |
|      [email-masked]   [email-masked]     |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------