Subject: Shadow & S/key

From: Scott Brehm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 15:22:47 -0700

I didn't see this in the faq or recent archives of debian-user.  Is s/key
and shadow password support built in to Debian 1.1?

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Brehm                                   | Jaycor
Network Administrator/Senior Systems Analyst  | 9775 Towne Centre Drive
(And a few other hats)                        | San Diego, CA  92121
                                              | 619-535-3144

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Perens)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 96 20:22 PDT

The shadow packages are just recently uploaded into the "unstable" directory
of our FTP archives. They are little tested, and I'm not sure that everything
has been shadow-ified that must be ("xdm" may be one of the programs yet to be
converted). You can try it now if you like to live dangerously. This will be
stable by the time we make the 1.2 release.

We are looking at PAM for the future, as that would allow us to support
multiple authentication methods.

	Bruce