Subject: diald troubles

From: [email-masked] (Ervin D. Walter)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 18:46:03 -0500

I hope someone here can give me some advice.  I have set up diald
correctly (i think), and it works pretty well, but there are a couple
disturbing messages I get consitantly on the syslog:

Aug 17 18:40:51 sigma pppd[341]: Using interface ppp0
Aug 17 18:40:51 sigma pppd[341]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS0
Aug 17 18:41:00 sigma pppd[341]: local  IP address 199.184.183.43
Aug 17 18:41:00 sigma pppd[341]: remote IP address 199.184.183.42
Aug 17 18:41:03 sigma diald[219]: PPP network layer died, but link did
not. Probable configuration error.
Aug 17 18:41:05 sigma diald[219]: Nonzero exit status (7) on command
'/sbin/route add default gw 199.184.182.42 metric 2000 dev sl0'

Specifically, the 'network layer died' line and the 'Nonzero exit
status' lines concern me.  Does anyone know what I have done wrong or
what I should do to fix this.  Like I said, even with these errors,
the net comes up ok.  I would just like to get rid of the errors so I
can sleep better at night.

Thanks,
Erv Walter
-- 
                                ____
----==-- _                     / /  \         
---==---(_)__  __ ____  __    / / /\ \                   - Erv Walter
--==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   / /_/\ \ \            - [email-masked]
-=====/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\  /______\ \ \       - [email-masked]
   http://www.linux.org     \_________\/