Subject: NCR scsi problems with buzz boot kernel

From: [email-masked] (Mathias Bartsch)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 00:07:07 +0100 (MES)

Hi!

I got that "Debian  Linux 1.1" CD from iConnect when I returned 
from my summer vacation...

I have an ASUS SP3G Motherboard with an ISA ET4000 video card (which 
already brought me lots of trouble in the past with the Setup preset 
value of the NCR Chip's IRQ being the same as the ET4000's IRQ).
Changing the NCR Chip's IRQ to 11 solved this in the end... 

OK. The "buzz" stock boot kernel seemed to have no NCR SCSI support.

I then discovered the MAKE_FLOOPIES script and choose "NCR53C7/8xx" 
from the MAKE_FLOPPIES menue. Booting that kernel gives:

	scsi0: bus busy, attempting abort
and the kernel hangs/waits after that. This is more than nothing, but...

I had (and still have) no trouble booting the 1.2.13 kernel from my 
former Slackware installation.

Any suggestions, then?

Thank you very much.
Best wishes

Mathias Bartsch