Subject: gpm_1.06-3.deb: libgpm.so.* are missing

From: [email-masked] (Martin Dinkloh)
Date: 26 Aug 1996 03:25:00 GMT

In gpm_1.06-3.deb the files libgpm.so.* are missing.

I noticed this since mc wouldn't run anymore after updating to this package.
I have not checked if there are any other files missing.

Martin Dinkloh

---

From: Michael Meskes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 11:24:20 +0200 (MET DST)

> I have not checked if there are any other files missing.

It's not missing it just got deleted due to a bug in the postinst. You
should be able to work around it by simply installing it once again.

Michael

-- 
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
[email-masked] |   / ___// ____/ // / / __ \___  __________
[email-masked]                  |   \__ \/ /_  / // /_/ /_/ / _ \/ ___/ ___/
[email-masked]                |  ___/ / __/ /__  __/\__, /  __/ /  (__  )
Use Debian Linux!                | /____/_/      /_/  /____/\___/_/  /____/

---

From: [email-masked] (Martin Dinkloh)
Date: 26 Aug 1996 13:10:33 GMT

Michael Meskes ([email-masked]) wrote:
[...]
: It's not missing it just got deleted due to a bug in the postinst. You
: should be able to work around it by simply installing it once again.
[...]

I installed it several times, however /usr/lib/libgpm.so.* was not installed.

Another thing I noticed was that dpkg is not able to kill gpm itself, I must
do that by hand. Otherwise dpkg gets stuck during the installation.
That problem occured with gpm_1.06-1.deb already.

Martin

---

From: Shaya Potter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 10:40:23 -0400 (EDT)

> I have not checked if there are any other files missing.

You need to install the libgpm1 package to get those libraries.

Hope this helps,

Shaya
--
Shaya Potter
[email-masked]