Subject: dselect ftp went bye bye

From: Joel Zimba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 02:11:53 -0400 (EDT)

after running dselect and installing a bunch of stuff.
I finished install.
Now I can't find the ftp option when I go back into dselect.

why?

how do I get it back.

how do I ftp with dpkg, is it possible?

?

thanks,

Joel

---

From: Andy Guy <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Aug 1996 18:13:33 -0600

Joel Zimba <[email-masked]> writes:

This is becoming a FAQ - why is this happening?

> Now I can't find the ftp option when I go back into dselect.

Not sure (it is included in the base set but seems to get uninstalled
rather easily).

> how do I get it back.

Go to your favourite debian ftp site and look for it in
project/experimental.  Download it and install it with dpkg -i
dpkg-ftp-1.4.2.deb.

> how do I ftp with dpkg, is it possible?

You can only do it with dselect.

Andy.

---

From: [email-masked] (Erick Branderhorst)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 09:32:14 +0100

> This is becoming a FAQ - why is this happening?

I presume that a lot of people are installing some cdrom version or the 
released version of Debian.  The changes were in the unstable version.
How many weeks to go for the next release?

Erick