Subject: Re: Diald kills pppd

From: [email-masked] (Tim O'Brien)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 00:13:55 -0500

>In comp.os.linux.networking you write:

>Can you mail me your configuration files, and I'll try to suss out
>the problem.
>
>Cheers,
>
>-- eric

I finally got it working!!! (Hey, I may be a newbie, but I'm a PERSISTANT one!)
I don't know why, but after downloading the source, recompiling diald, setting
it up from scratch, and fixing a few minor problems, it now works. 

I'm not sure what the problem was, I spent many hours trying to find it, but 
it's gone now. If nothing else, I learned a WHOLE lot about diald and it's 
inner workings.

Thanks to everyone for the help, without it I'd still be cursing my computer
and consuming coffee at an alarming rate. 

Tim (the new, self proclaimed diald expert :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 < I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be APPROXIMATED! > 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please direct Email to: [email-masked]