Subject: where to find older pcmcia that uses 2.0.6 kernel

From: EDWARD FORREST URENDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 16:55:40 -0700 (PDT)

is there a record of pcmcia packages that use 2.0.6 kernel.  the new one 
expects the 2.0.7 kernel and I need the older one.  

should I just upgrade my kernel?  is this hard to to?

Eddie Urenda

---

From: "Susan G. Kleinmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 16:22:57 -0400

Hi Eddie --

I'm not sure, but the general answer is:

> should I just upgrade my kernel?  
Yes.

>is this hard to to?
No.

Go to any Linux FTP archive.  Fetch the kernel-source corresponding to
the version you want.  (I think they're normally included under 
/sources/v2.0/ somewhere.)  When you download it, you'll want to put 
it into /usr/src.  It will untar into a directory called linux.  You'll
probably want to rename that to some number specific to the version
you downloaded.

Then get and install the kernel-package*deb file from rex/binary-all/misc
from any Debian mirror.  Then use make-kpkg to build a new 
kernel-image*deb file.  

Good luck,
Susan Kleinmann