Subject: RE: Ipfwadm

From: [email-masked] (Tim O'Brien)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 21:23:52 -0500

This message is in reply to the one just posted by Susan Kleinmann:

I tried something similar to what you said, but I could not get it to work. 
What did work for me was what Bernd Eckenfels mentioned earlier (Thanks, Bernd).

        Essentially, 
        ipfwadm -F -a masq -S 192.168.0.0/29 -D 0/0

        Which will masquerade host 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.7

I tried it and it worked. As we type, I'm looking in the man pages still
trying to gain a better understanding (seeing as I'm a bit of a Linux 
newbee). 

Just one more thang... I know ping wont work through this, but is there 
something I can do to make FTP operational from all the other machines 
besides the Linux box? 

Thanks, I hope this helps everyone else out as much as it did me. 

Tim 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 < I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be APPROXIMATED! > 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Bernd Eckenfels)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 14:52:53 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

> something I can do to make FTP operational from all the other machines 

you can eighter use passive FTP from the PC (Netscape does this for
example), or you need to load the ip_masq_ftp module. (With depmod
ip_masq_ftp, or by inserting a line into /etc/modules and reboot).

Greetings
Bernd