Subject: Re: help getting X and openwin to work?

From: Bill Woodall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 15:05:52 -0700 (PDT)

> 
>> I really prefer running openwin, so I created the directory
>> /usr/openwin and copied all the stuff from my Slackware system over
>> to there (bin, lib, etc.)  I can get openwin to start, display the
>
>As a Sun workstation user, I also prefer running openwin.  I was under the
>impression that this product was owned by Sun and not available for other
>platforms but I heard that some Linux distributions provided it (Redhat). 
>I've looked on the internet for openwin, but could never find anything. 
>Where can I find a version that will run under Debian? - something that is
>easily transportable.   Can we expect to see a Debian distribution of
>openwin anytime soon?

	First, correct if I am wrong, Bruce, but the xview toolkit does not
	currently have a maintainer and therefore no Debian packages as
	of yet.
	 (I have been thinking about since I have used xview for
	 several years, but I have been swamp to give it what is due)

	Second, Openwin is a desktop environment. The OpenLook (tm)
	window manager is olwm or olvwm.

	With the last release of xview (3.2p1) you roughly get the WM and
	shelltool.

.......................Bill,