Subject: Re: "module not found"

From: Dale Scheetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 08:43:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Berntsen wrote:

> I've recompiled my kernel (and, yes, I've remembered to 'make modules'
> and 'make modules_install'), but when I boot now, I get an error message
> saying that it can't find the modules.
> I'm using Kernel 2.0.6 and modules 2.0.0
> Whats wrong?
> 
I'm not sure, but here are a couple of things to check. First make sure
that there is a /lib/modules/2.0.6 directory, and that there is a link
called current that points to it. Assuming everything is there, run depmod
and try to reboot again.

Hope this helps,

Dwarf

------------                                          --------------

aka   Dale Scheetz                   Phone:   1 (904) 877-0257
      Flexible Software              Fax:     NONE 
      Black Creek Critters           e-mail:  [email-masked]

------------ If you don't see what you want, just ask --------------