Subject: XFree86 3.1.2[DE]

From: Douglas Bates <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 96 18:11:07 -0500

I am using a Mach 64 card (ATI Winboost, as far as I can tell) that
seems to hang when I run the XF86_Mach64 server.  From various
postings to this list I gather that there is hope I will be able to
run it successfully with the XFree86 3.1.2E Mach64 server.

My understanding is that the currently available Debian X11R6 packages
are from XFree86 3.1.2 and to upgrade I will need first to install the
3.1.2D distribution from ftp.xfree86.org then to install the upgrade
files for 3.1.2E.  Can anyone confirm this?  I would prefer an
unnecessary upgrade.

-- 
Douglas Bates                            [email-masked]
Statistics Department                    608/262-2598
University of Wisconsin - Madison        http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/

---

From: Douglas Bates <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 96 21:44:27 -0500

This is just to correct a typo on my earlier message.  I wrote:

 Doug> Can anyone confirm this?  I would prefer an unnecessary
 Doug> upgrade.

That last sentence doesn't make sense unless I have suddenly acquired
masochistic tendencies.  I meant to write "I would prefer to avoid an
unnecessary upgrade."                                     ^^^^^^^^