Subject: Trojan NetKit??

From: [email-masked] (Gith)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 21:43:02 -0500 (CDT)

I saw this announcement in c.o.l.a and I am a bit confused.

<much deleted>--------------------------------------------------------

There has been something called "NetKit-B-0.07B" uploaded to some of
the archive sites. This is an unauthorized release of NetKit-B. It may
be trojanized or hacked. Please do not use it; please remove it from
all archives.

The currently released version of NetKit-B is NetKit-B-0.07A.
NetKit-B-0.08 is going to be released in a few days. All future
releases of NetKit-B will be PGP signed.

If in doubt, please contact me directly.

David A. Holland
[email-masked]
18-Aug-1996

<much more deleted>----------------------------------------------------

Is this person the maintainer of the NetKit?? Just from looking on
nic.funet.fi under /Linus I see that NetKit-B-0.07B is present and
is a mirror (?) of the actual maintainers site. Who is the actual
maintainer of the NetKit package? The person claiming to be the maintainer
and the person listed in my howto's are two different people. ??????

   Thanks,
			[email-masked]