Subject: dump for a.out?

From: Ricardo Kleemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 11:34:33 -0700

Hi guys,

I'm really needing to use the dump utility to schedule my backups. My 
problem is that dump requires libc5.x, and I'm still running libc4.x. I 
tried upgrading libc, but it runs into other dependency conflicts, and it 
seems to me that unless I start upgrading *everything*, which I can't 
afford to do now (due to downtime), I'm SOL.

So, question:
Is the source for dump available so I can compile it myself with the old 
libs?

Help! ;-)

ricardo

---

From: Mark Eichin <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Aug 1996 19:48:19 -0400

the sources to main (ie. not non-free or contrib) debian packages are
*always* in source on the mirror site...

mirror/binary-i386/admin/dump_0.3-6.deb
mirror/source/admin/dump_0.3-5.diff.gz
mirror/source/admin/dump_0.3-6.tar.gz

(odd that the diff and tar are out of phase, but that could just be
mirror skew; just grab the tar file, unpack it, tweak the dependencies
and version (probably in debian.control) and then ./debian.rules
binary, and you'll end up with an a.out-based package...)