Subject: Problems upgrading netstd

From: Philippe Troin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 18:19:42 -0700

I just wanted to update to the latest Debian-1.1.4 with 
netstd_2.06-1, but dpkg gives the following error:

(Reading database ... 20260 files and directories currently 
installed.)
Preparing to replace netstd (using netstd_2.06-1.deb) ...
Can't locate DebianNet.pm in @INC at /usr/sbin/update-inetd line 23.
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
Can't locate DebianNet.pm in @INC at /usr/sbin/update-inetd line 23.
dpkg: error processing netstd_2.06-1.deb (--install):
 subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
Can't locate DebianNet.pm in @INC at /var/lib/dpkg/info/netstd.postins
t line 4.
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
 netstd_2.06-1.deb

Anyone knows what's happening ?

Phil.