Subject: MajorDomo Problem with "wrapper"

From: "Brian C. White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 23:31:31 -0400

I'm trying to set up majordomo on our server, but have run into the
following problem.

Any mail sent to the "majordomo" alias and gets piped into the majordomo
command via "wrapper" causes majordomo to just spin its wheels, chewing
cpu cycles and allocating more and more memory.  If I run the command
manually ("wrapper majordomo <email") it does the same thing.  If I leave
off the wrapper and do (as root) "majordomo <email", it functions correctly.

My alias:

majordomo:      "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"

Any ideas?
                                             
                                          Brian
                                 ( [email-masked] )
                                             
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 the difference between theory and practice is less in theory than in practice

---

From: Toens Bueker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 08:56:02 +0000 (GMT)

>off the wrapper and do (as root) "majordomo <email", it functions correctly.

Most problems with majordomo are based on wrong
permissions. Who owns the wrapper with which rights? Are
all the directories majordomo wants to read and write
accessable?

By
Töns

---

From: Richard Kettlewell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 96 18:59:45 +0100 (BST)

>majordomo:      "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"

Check the ownerships and permissions on the log directories.  The log
directory must be 775 majordom.majordom, and the logfiles in it 664
majordom.majordom.

- Richard