Subject: ELF or a.out?

From: Niels <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 18:07:10 +0200 (MDT)

Hi,

Some packages, among them workbone and symlinks, still provide an a.out
binary in /usr/bin/, but no dependency on libc4 (workbone even depends on 
libc5...).

	Niels

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Planet Internet Holding   XXTP Support Engineer   <[email-masked]>
I do not speak for my employer  -  they are perfectly able to do that.

---

From: Sven Rudolph <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 23:56:18 +0200

> binary in /usr/bin/, but no dependency on libc4 (workbone even depends on 

I suggest to report this as bugs for the corresponding packages.
(Unless they already were reported ...)

	Sven
-- 
Sven Rudolph <[email-masked]> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/

---

From: Michael Meskes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 09:10:50 +0200 (MET DST)

> binary in /usr/bin/, but no dependency on libc4 (workbone even depends on 

symlinks is ELF for some time now. Just look for version 1.0-3.

Michael
-- 
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
[email-masked] |   / ___// ____/ // / / __ \___  __________
[email-masked]                  |   \__ \/ /_  / // /_/ /_/ / _ \/ ___/ ___/
[email-masked]                |  ___/ / __/ /__  __/\__, /  __/ /  (__  )
Use Debian Linux!                | /____/_/      /_/  /____/\___/_/  /____/