Subject: File systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 21:41:37 -0700

Greetings,

I'm brand new to Linux and was looking for recommendations for a choice
of file systems

Sincerely,

-William Riggs

---

From: [email-masked] (Erick Branderhorst)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 10:06:57 +0100

> I'm brand new to Linux and was looking for recommendations for a choice

local filesystem? : ext2fs

Erick

---

From: Christian Hudon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 07:01:21 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm brand new to Linux and was looking for recommendations for a choice

You mean "Do I go with xiafs or extfs or what else"?

Easy. Go with 'ext2fs'. The other Linux-specific ones arent' being used
very much nowadays.

  Christian