Subject: inn installation question

From: Erik van der Meulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 16:34:49 +0200

I seem to have managed to set up inn to process my uucp newsfeed (never been
able to get that far with Slackware). However, I keep receiving regular
(daily) mail messages:

 >Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 03:09:28 +0200
 >To: news
 >Subject: Cron <news@souterrain> news.daily expireover
 >X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/lib/news/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin>
 >X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
 >X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/var/spool/news>
 >X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=news>
 >
 >/usr/lib/news/bin/news.daily: /usr/bin/mail: No such file or directory

Can't really seem to figure out what is wrong. Indeed I do not have a
/usr/bin/mail, could it be my use of sendmail instead of smail? If anyone
has any hints on how to solve this one, I'll be very grateful!

Regards,

Erik van der Meulen
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 96 15:59 EDT

Erik>  Can't really seem to figure out what is wrong. Indeed I do not have
  Erik> a /usr/bin/mail, could it be my use of sendmail instead of smail? If
  Erik> anyone has any hints on how to solve this one, I'll be very grateful!

Install the "mailx" package, it provides the simple /usr/bin/mail that is so
handy for scripts. If the inn package you use does not depend on mailx, you
should report this as a bug.

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                             http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd