Subject: Complete Lockups

From: Jeppe Sigbrandt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:54:49 +0100

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced complete lockups of the system?
It has happened a few times to me, and it doesn't even let me
telnet or rlogin to the machine.  So far this has happened
only under X and when using mailtool over remote connection.

Other info:
	Using fvwm2
	ne2000 card is loaded to 0x300
	using a substitute nfs.o module (thanks to Lazaro :)
	many relative symlinks broke during install
	 due to e.g. moving /usr onto another partition

How do I go about finding out why this happens?

Regards,
jay

---

From: Randy Gobbel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 11:16:49 -0700

>>>>> On Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:54:49 +0100, Jeppe Sigbrandt <[email-masked]>
>>>>> said:

> 	 due to e.g. moving /usr onto another partition

Yes, this has happened to me about three times in as many weeks.  The only
constant that I've noticed is that it was always when I was in X.  I'm also
using fvwm2.  I've been attributing the problem to the fact that I'm using an
alpha-test version of the X server, but maybe not.

-Randy
P.S. (apologies for the long anti-spam message, but until moneyworld stops
filling my inbox with repeating trash, it appears to be necessary.)
-- 
http://cogsci.ucsd.edu/~gobbel/

NOTICE: I DO NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL EMAIL MESSAGES OF ANY KIND.  I
CONSIDER SUCH MESSAGES PERSONAL HARRASSMENT AND A GROSS INVASION OF MY
PRIVACY.  By sending unsolicited commercial advertising/solicitations (or
otherwise on or as part of a mailing list) to me via e-mail you will be
indicating your consent to paying John R. (Randy) Gobbel $1,000.00 U.S.D./hour
for a minimum of 1 hour for my time spent dealing with it. Payment due in 30
days upon receipt of an invoice (e-mail or regular mail) from me or my
authorized representative.