Subject: Academ version of wu-ftpd 2.4 Release 2 Beta 11 available for testing
From: [email-masked] (Stan Barber)
To: [email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

BETA 11 is now available. It has been tested on the following systems:

Solaris 2.4, SunOS 4.1.4, NetBSD 1.1, FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE, BSD/OS 2.0.1,
BSD/OS 2.1, BSD/OS 1.1, Linux 1.2.8, Linux 1.2.13 and Linux 1.3.20.

It has been compiled, but not tested on the following systems:

IRIX 5.3, Solaris 2.5

I would like to hear from folks with access to HP-UX, Digital Unix, IRIX
and AIX in particular. Please send mail to the [email-masked]
address.

If hardware companies wish to donate equipment running their proprietary
UNIX derivatives to me for doing maintenance work on this and the other
packages I maintain (NNTP, RN, etc), please contact me directly to discuss.

If software companies that sell UNIX derivatives I don't to which I don't
have access wish to donain copies of their UNIX derivative to me for the
purposes of doing maintenace work on this and the other packages I maintain,
please contact me directly to discuss.

This is another release candidate.

The location is: 
	ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/wu-ftpd/private/wu-ftpd-2.4.2-beta-11.tar.Z

NOTE: This directory is protected. Attempts to use a directory listing 
command will fail.

                   -0-FIXES IN THIS RELEASE-0-

The file size in BSDI 1.1 is a long not a quad_t. This means that the
conversion arguement should not be qd for sprintf's involving this
variable. This is now fixed. 

The configuration file for Solaris specified the MAXHOSTNAMELEN before
it was possible to check to see if was defined and this caused there to be
spurious (and benign) error messages to be generated. This has been corrected.
Problem reported by Chin Fang <[email-masked]>.

Fixes for the optional shadow password file support for Linux. Patches supplied
by Marek Michalkiewicz <[email-masked]>.

The manual pages for ftpaccess.5 and ftpd.8 have been modified. ftpd.8 now
documentes the previously undocumented "-u umask" option. ftpaccess.5 now
clarifies the fact that the root-dir specified in the upload configuration
line MUST match the home directory in the operation system password database.