Subject: [INFO] ~{VPNDFLPBNDUB?I!00$7rL_E{!1~} A.C.T. New Postings via FTP

From: "Ya-Gui Wei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1993 11:42:25 -0500

中文铺新货色现在可用FTP踢取。详情请看下文。　　―亚桂

  As an experiment, I've made Alt.Chinese.Text articles available  
on the following ftp sites:
  ifcss.org:act/spool

and
  cnd.org:pub/ifcss.org/act/spool

  The above directories are mirrored from my local news server
(news.cs.indiana.edu), which, unfortunately, is not the best
news servers: articles are slow in reaching my site. Compounded
with the fact that the ftp mirror only runs daily after midnight,
you'll see at least a one day delay for articles to appear 
in the ftp sites. Therefore, most of you probably will find it
more convenient to read a.c.t. locally.

  The ftp service is probably more useful for people who do
not receive a.c.t. feed locally, or those whose feed are not
stable. (Feel free to forward this article to anyone who 
complaints about slow newsfeed.)

  Currently there are ca. 700 files in the directory (be careful
when doing "dir").  How long articles will stay there will depend 
on disk space, traffic generated, and other factors.

  Ya-Gui Wei