Subject: Re: New versions of CCDOS/JKDOS (fwd)

From: HU Bo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1993 11:50:25 +0200

Forwarded message:
>From ucc02au Fri Aug 20 11:22:09 1993
Subject: Re: New versions of CCDOS/JKDOS

>
> Actually, this is not shareware.  You can not use it. It is a commercial demo
> which spend people's time. Please do not do it again.

I thought it would inform the people about some achievements on the sector
of commercial software. I received also a lot of such kind of mails from
other people.

> From the demo, it looks
> worse than the shareware like zwdos - worse looking, lower speed ... worthless!
>

I have tried to avoid a comparison with zwdos all the time - since I think
zwdos is used by many netters to manage the 7-bit-only access of e-mail
networks and thus very useful. But, due to its special code schema, it can
not be used for wordprocessing using standard western software, the most
important application of Chinese computing.

ShiYong CCDOS is now used by many people for wordprocessing, data base managing
(especially library cataloging) in educational and semiprofessional sectors
since its introduction in 1989.
There are several Chinese Newspagers/Magazines in Germany using ShiYong CCDOS
for their layout works.
Since ShiYong CCDOS supports a character and word oriented input method, and
several additional graphics oriented input tables (Wubi, Cangjie etc.) are
also delieverable, it provides a more easy-to-use input interface.
To speed up the screen display, you may try one of the screen drivers with
the name extension _fast or _f. The font ShiYong CCDOS uses is now also used
by CStar for Windows, Tway, and NJStar partly (according Ingar).
I want to mention these in the hope to point out
that what you said on this net is just your invalueable personal opinion
which has not to be shared by all people.

Reagards,

Hu Bo (Author of ShiYong CCDOS)