Subject: Research activity

From: [email-masked] (Dr. Yung-Jui Chen)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 92 10:41:16 -0400

Mr. Jiang:
	There are there major research activities in my group:
1. Spectroscopy of semiconductor materials: we are doing CW and time-resolved
spectroscopy of QW and optoelectronic devices (mostly GaAs-AlGaAs).
2. Optoelectronic device fabrications: we have projects on 2D laser array, WDM
multiplexer/demux (spectrometer on a chip), WDM laser array, wafer scale opto-
electronic integration with the goal for photonic integrated circuit systems.
3. advanced optoelectronic processing technology: we are building a chemically 
assisted ion beam etching system, doing nanofabrication,nanolithography, etc.
We collaboarte with local governmental laboratories, industrial laboratories, 
and other national labs (e.g. Cornell national nanofabrication lab).
	The research tasks of the postdoc is mainly the new contract of WDM laser
array.  The person will work with my graduate students to design, fabricate and
characterize the devices.  We will appreciate that you can provide a little more
details of your experience in the fabrication and testing areas.
	I will call will shortly (probably tomorrow). My tel no is 410-455-3507.
	Ray