Subject: CCCII project update

From: Doug Schiffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 08:54:53 -0500

I've been working on the CCCII codeset, writing a Visual Basic program that
lets you display the various font files (reducing in size to 32x32 pixels).
The program is mostly up and running.  It lets you browse through the font
files, select a character, and copy its bitmap to the clipboard.

I've been transforming the database files that came with the fonts (located at
ftp://NCTUCCCA.EDU.TW/Chinese/CCDB). I converted them to standard dbase file
format, and then I used a relational database manager to change the radical
information (encoded as CCCII characters) to a single number 1-214.  In the
process, I found the following errors in the database:
                  listed
    CCCII code    radical    correct radical
     217E7C        2E58       2C4B (r 40 + 12)
     233D53        2D5B       2D6B (r162 +  8)
     254A36        2E63       2D63 (r154 + 10)

I've updated my database with these values. I now have a radical index for
both "NF" and "RARELY" sets, in radical+stroke order for these sets. Soon,
my VB program will be able to search on radical & stroke info for those 2 sets.

 *------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*   Doug Schiffer      email:  [email-masked]                      *
*                      www:    http://www.servtech.com/public/dschiffer    *
 *------------------------------------------------------------------------*