Subject: Does TextOutW respond with 0x2028 or 0x2029

From: Ji Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:26:44 -0500

Thanks to szingr <[email-masked]> for the
C function:

void FixCRLF(wchar_t * ps)
{
        do {

                if (*ps == (wchar_t)'\n')       // translate linefeed to
                        *ps = 0x2028;           // Unicode line separator

                if (*ps == (wchar_t)'\r')       // translate carriage return to
                        *ps = 0x2029;           // Unicode paragraph separator

        }       while (*ps++ != (wchar_t)NULL);

}       // FixCRLF

Does TextOutW respond with 0x2028 or 0x2029 and
to do moving cursor to first colomn of next line ?
It seems No !

BTW, How to rotate chinese char 90 deg or 180, 270 deg
before calling TextOutW(...) ? Does lfOrientation
 = 900 work on your NT ?

Or, can I take advantage of MS MFC to get the bitmap of a
Chinese char (MS IE Song TTF font), then I rotate
and draw bitmap myself ?

I need to draw few Chinese Chars for y = f (x) drawing.

Regards,

Ji Zhang <[email-masked]>

(if you want 1998 Chinese Calendar with a graphic "tiger"
in PostScript, you can get from my workstation at URL:
   http://tappet.ime.nrc.ca:8001/1998_1.ps
I do not have a color PS printer, so that I am not sure
if there is any problem for printing. I viewed it by
xpsview, ghostview on unix and GSVIEW on PC, looked
good. Let me know, if you can print, then I would
up-load to ftp site. 1998_2.ps to 1998_8.ps can be
gotten from:
   http://www.cathay.net/Calendar/   Cat Hay Net WWW Site
   http://uwalpha.uwinnipeg.ca:8001/fhy/  Uwalpha WWW Site
   http://www.ifcss.org/ftp-pub/org/fhy/Calendar/ CCIC WWW Site
   ftp://ccic.ifcss.org/pub/org/fhy/Calendar/ CCIC ftp Site
   ftp://herb.biol.uregina.ca/pub/fhy/Calendar/  Herb ftp Site
)

Merry Xmas to ccnet subscribers.
   http://tappet.ime.nrc.ca:8001/music/  has few
   Xmas music in .mid format

Ji Zhang <[email-masked]>

---

From: Jimmy Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:24:27 -0800

I don't think TextOut will take care of control chars, even for ascii
chars. To rotate charaters, use lfEscapement.

-
Jimmy Han