Subject: Feichangguizi Example

From: "L.S.Ng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1993 15:47:13 BST

Following is an example of Feichangguizi Protocol:

BEGIN:

GBAFAFZB16BCDB12B323B45B5B6B7B6B67B6B7B78B9B8B9B8BB74BB3B4B3B4B54B45B31B

~{LlL(4sJ&SVC{VG//4sJ&~}

END.

The first line GBAFAF defines that GB blank region code AFAF uses a
bitmap 16x16 (ZB16) and following that is a string of Hexadecimal
numbers that defines the bitmap itself.

The next line is a Hz code Chinese sentence reads:

Tiantai Dashi you ming Zhi Yi DaShi

(Master Tiantai is also known as Master Zhi-yi)

The Character 'yi' is not in the standard GB table.  So I use AFAF to
represent it, (it appears in HZ as //).  The definition of the character
is given by the string of hex number.  Each hex number (2 characters)
can represent 8-bit.  So each row of the character bitmap is represented
by 4 characters, there are 16 rows to make up the 16x16 bitmap.

The decoder (e.g.  a Terminal Emulator like Eten or CXterm, or a
Wordprocessor) will read the bitmap definition (first line) into a
buffer.  Then it will start decoding and displaying the next line.  Upon
reading '//' i.e.  (GB AFAF) it then uses the bitmap definition given in
previous line.

(Producing this bitmap hex code can be done by the Wordprocessor.)