Subject: GB row-col -> GB 2byte code?

From: Peter V Henstock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1993 12:18:20 -0500

Help!
I'm using the CJK tables from the Unicode Volume II manual also listed
at the Unicode FTP site and it containst the GB-2312 code in a row-column
format consisting of decimal numbers from 1000 to 9000 roughly.  Does
anyone have a table or other information to convert that 4 digit number
to the 2-byte code which is used by most of the tables and other code
available such as GBLIST, GB2PINYIN, PRONOUNC.TBL, TELECODE2GB, etc.

(Also, I'm looking for the equivalent with Korean KSC5601 code.)

Thanks in advance,

--Peter
[email-masked]

---

From: christian wittern <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1993 10:10:39 JST

> (Also, I'm looking for the equivalent with Korean KSC5601 code.)

  The conversion is done very easyly:
  Take the first two digits, add 160 and you have the ascii-value for
  the first byte, then do the same for the second two digits.
  Examples:
    Quwei      Ascii
    0101       161-161
    1601       176-161   etc.

  Hope this helps,
  ~a
   [A  [B~a
 [A [C [C [C [
 [A [C [C [~a
 [C [C [CChristian, Kyoto  [email-masked]