Subject: Chinese Character Database (CCDB) (Was Re: 26000 characters)

From: Huang Chih-Hsien <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1993 05:17:50 +0800

Dear netters:

This is a brief introduction to the Chinese Character Database (CCDB).
It is available via anonymous ftp (I will set up a mail-ftp server
soon) at NCTUCCCA.edu.tw [140.111.3.21] in /Chinese/CCDB.  The total
size of materials after uncompressed including sources are about 42MB.

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Campus Computer Communication Assn., National Chiao Tung University
 NCTUCCCA.edu.tw: /Chinese/CCDB: ./README]

    The Chinese Character Database (CCDB) is developed by the Chinese
Character Analysis Group for Information Application, the Council for
Cultural Planning and Development, Executive Yuan.  Please read
./readme/readme.doc and ./readme/manual.doc before everything.  A
usage policy and some notes will be given.  You have to read them
carefully.

    Most of the Chinese pattern files are huge.  Although they were
compressed, however, we still got 3 files nearly or even over 4MB.
For consideration of users having slow access to our anonymous ftp
archive, we decided to keep two copies of the database: ZIP'd and
ARJ'd.

    All ZIP'd files are in the current directory.  If you don't know
how to unzip it, try to get "pkz204g.exe" in /PC-MsDos/Garbo-PC/arcers.

    ARJ'd files are in ./arj directory.  They are compressed and
splitted into pieces (no more than 360KB per file).  If you don't
know how to deal with ARJ'd files, try to get "arj241.exe" in
/PC-MsDos/Garbo-pc/arcers.

*** [ATTENTION] *******************************************************
All ZIP'd, ARJ'd and *.EXE files should be ftp'd in the *binary* mode.
***********************************************************************

--
Huang, Chih-Hsien     Campus Computer Communication Assn. Vice President
Administrator of  NCTUCCCA.edu.tw  [140.111.3.21]  Anonymous FTP Archive
Rm 101, Computer Center, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Internet:    [email-masked]         or         [email-masked]