Subject: Re: Unicode Info

From: Ross Paterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 11:36:00 GMT

Doug Schiffer <[email-masked]> writes:
> 1) Is there a list cross referencing Unicode codepoints to the
> Chinese telegraph code? [Dian Biao Ma]

There is a (partial) GB/DBM cross-reference:

        ifcss.org /software/data/telecode.gb

which can be joined with the Unicode mapping tables.  Also, John Jenkins
<[email-masked]> has tables relating Unicode and both Mainland
and Taiwan telegraph codes.

> 2) My Unicode Standard books say the ver 1.1 of the standard will
> include new characters for the unification with ISO 10646.  Have the
> new characters been decided, as well as their placement in the han area?
> Will the old (ver 1.0) characters be rearranged to accomodate them?

Hanzi are unaffected by the upgrade to 1.1, most of which is concerned
with adding more redundant stuff to effect the merger with ISO 10646.
However, according to the 1.0.1 Addendum at the Unicode site, 5 hanzi
are misprinted in the Unicode books.  (The Addendum doesn't contain the
glyphs, but it says how to get a hardcopy.)  A new edition of the Unicode
books (covering 1.1) is expected from Addison Wesley "in the first half
of 1994".