Subject: coding standards

From: Valk v/d Martijn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1991 05:59:27 TZONE

Hello everybody!

I'm currently working on a pattern recognition system which should recognize
handwritten Chinese. One of the issues I have to resolve is which coding
standard to choose to code the result.

Could some kind soul please tell me more about the following standards:

GB
BIG5
Unicode
JIS 1st and 2nd level

What I'd like to know is: what order is used to assign codes to characters.

Maybe this question has been answered many times before or is considered out of
place here but I've never posted anything on ccnet before, so I am terribly
sorry if this is the case.

Thanks in advance,

Martijn van der Valk
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
The Netherlands

<[email-masked]>