Subject: PINYIN --> BIG-5 (ETEN) table

From: Stephen G Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1991 22:49:39 -0400

Hi Everybody,

I have constructed a PINYIN --> BIG-5 table based on the PHONETIC.TAB
file in the current version of the ETEN Chinese word processing
system, version 2.03.  The character coding in my table is the same as
in ETEN, i.e. a version of BIG-5.  The table appears to cover all of
the "more frequent" and "less frequent" BIG-5 characters.  To generate
the Pinyins, I used Ed Lai's PINYIN --> GB table, plus Fung F. Lee's
GB <--> BIG-5 conversion routines, plus some other routines I wrote
myself, plus some hand editing.

My table is available for anonymous ftp as
pub/simpson/chinese/py2big.tab on math.psu.edu [128.118.24.21].

My table cannot be more accurate than PHONETIC.TAB, but within that
limitation it should be pretty accurate.  I tried hard to find all the
errors.  If you find any more, please let me know.  I will incorporate
all corrections.

Steve

Stephen G. Simpson               [email-masked]
Department of Mathematics        +1 814 863-0775
Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802