Subject: Unicode Documents (FYI)

From: Huijie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1992 20:43:53 EST

Hi, There,

]From:	PO1::"[email-masked]" "Trieu C. Chau" 24-AUG-1992 19:55:48.22
]Subj:	Encoding standards
]
]Can anyone direct me to a source of the official and/or tech-
]nical standards documents in electronic form (paper form
]wouldn't be bad either, but e is prefered).  I'm also search-
]ing for the proposed standards documents for Unicode.

Here is a message forwarded from one of my friends more than 3 months ago.
Hope this helps!  Please contact the agency mentioned in the text directly.

Huijie
======

Volume 2 of The Unicode Standard (containing the unified
Chinese/Japanese/Korean ideograph repertoire) is in the final pre-press
production phase.  The Unicode editor expects it to go to press by mid-May,
which would make it available about the end of June.  Orders can be placed
directly with Addison-Wesley at:  1-800-447-2226, or, Addison-Wesley
Publishing, Route 128, Reading, MA.  01867

By the way, Volume 2 is incomplete without also having Volume 1.  Volume 1
includes CJK phonetics and Symbols, hiragana, katakana, hangul, and various
CJK miscellaneous characters, as well as providing the explanation of the
overall Unicode architecture and the principles behind the "Han Unification"
of the Chinese/Japanese/Korean Ideographs found in Volume 2.  Below I've
appended an RLIN record for Unicode Vol.  1 (entered by the Xerox Research
Library -- Xerox is one of the members of the Unicode Consortium.)

 The Unicode standard : worldwide character encoding, version 1.0, volume 1 /
The Unicode Consortium. -- Reading, Mass. : Addison-Wesley, 1990, 1991.
 xx, 682 p. : ill ; 28 cm.

 ISBN 0201567881

 1. Computer software--Standards. I. The Unicode Consortium. II. Title.

 ID: CXRC92-B75                  CC: 9119       DCF: a
 CALL: QA76.76.D47U54 1990