Subject: Re: GB and BIG5

From: Jianxun Ding <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1991 13:34:33 CST

> Wow!  That is really interesting.  I'm generally surprised.  Live and
> learn.  Where can I find out more or get a font for GB xxxx?  Is there
> a public domain font, like the CCLIB fonts for GB-2312?  Is there any
> software for GB xxxx?

Stephon, as I promised you,  I will try to dig out more information.
The following is a message I just received.  I will keep you informed.

Note the <<Computer World>> is the Chinese version.

--Jianxun Ding

-------------------Enclosed Message----------------------------------------
To: [email-masked]
Status: OR

......

This is the answer:
    1. There is a GB-xxxx, which is the extended standard of GB-2312.
    2. The standard may have not been published openly.
    3. You may have further information by reading <<Computer World>>
       (Ji Suan Ji Shi Jie) around Sep. or Oct. if you can.
    4. If it is published, it is available in large bookstore on 'standard
       shelf' in Beijing. I think it is also available in Shanghai.
    5. I have no <<Computer World>> here.  I will do further
       investigation. if I have any finding, I will tell you.
......

xxx-xxxx
Dec.3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jianxun Ding <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1991 16:50:41 CST

> a public domain font, like the CCLIB fonts for GB-2312?  Is there any

  Someone just told me that that GB-xxxx is GB12345-90;  and the
  <<Computer World>> Chinese edition had an ad "selling the HANZI
  character libarary which contains all the characters published
  in GB2312-80 and GB12345-90".

  I am trying to get the office address of <<Computer World>> Chinese
  edition.   I heard that the newspaper is a Sino-US joint venture.

  --Jianxun Ding