From: Urs Widmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1992 12:56:07 +0100

Hi everybody,
I just uploaded a convertion untility "sinocode.zip" and an info-file
on CJK-programms and utilities (cjk-prog.txt) to:

                   crl.nmsu.edu (128.123.1.14)
into the directory
                   /incoming

SINOCODE: converts between GB2312, BIG5 and JIS (also IBM555) in any
direction. The files come as a ZIP-file and a short sinocode.txt-file
with some information on usage. Everybody is wellcomed to use this
utility. Certainly there are still some omissions and mistakes in the
conversion tables. Any comment would be appreciated. The program does
not have intelligence to handle correctly one-to-many relations in
conversion, thus simplified to traditional conversion must be editied.

CJK-PROG: In this list I tried to collect as many information on as
many as possible cjk-programms and utilities. By now the list hase
grown to some 150 entries. The list also contains some addresses where
to get the software, also prices etc. With each piece of software I
tried to indicate: name of software, author, system and system requirements,
coding system used, input method, printers working with it, price,
availability of manual, where to get it (in case of freeware or shareware
also anonymous ftp sites), comments (if I myself or anybody else could
do some testing). For some software I could only provide some very marginal
information, I included it, because I thought it would still be useful
for people to get at least some hints where to look further.

If you think such a list useful and you like (or not) to use it, please
help me to update it. It is more work than I originally thought it would
be, but I still think it is helpful.

I would like to have more comments on the described software, so that the
novice user will profit more from such a list. At the moment it's more
a heap of accumulated and not well structured information.

Anyway, maybe you have some use for these two contributions

Urs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Urs Widmer            Tel.:  (0049)421-218-3188      CHINESISCH UND COMPUTER
PC-Labor, MZH         email: <[email-masked]>    Journal for Computing
Universitaet Bremen   FAX:   (0049)421-218-2720       in Oriental Languages
2800 Bremen 33                                             (in German)
Germany
----------------------------------------------------------------------------