Subject: Re: Hanzi Cangjie strokes table. (fwd)

From: "L.S.Ng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1993 11:55:56 BST

Forwarded message:
>From lsn Thu May  6 11:51:15 1993
Date: Thu, 6 May 93 11:51:15 BST
To: [email-masked] (D-P Deng)
Subject: Re: Hanzi Cangjie strokes table.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>; from "D-P Deng" at May 5,
 93 11:46 am
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.3 PL11]

>
> Hi.
>
> Do you have the table between han-zi and cang-jie strokes? I'd like to have
a
> copy if you do. Thanks.
> Dong-Ping Deng

I believe Mr Deng and other user as well are asking for a list of Chinese
Character and Cangjie code.

I have in my hand a GB Chinese Charater - Cangjie Code Table. The size of the
file is about 60Kbytes. I created this table one character by one character
myself. It includes all GB Chinese Characters which number to about 7000. It
is based on simplified Chinese Characters. I believe there has not been a
similar work as yet.

Additionally, I have written a tutorial on Cangjie Input method (published as
wb-cj-input.zip at ifcss.org/software/data). It consists of the rules of
Cangjie coding. I veiw this tutorial as the technical specification to the
product - the Cangjie Code Table and the table as the product to the
specification.

It is of use to those Chinese Wordprocessor that support external or user-
defined input method such as Xia Li Ba Ren and NJStar.

I am still not sure if it is legally healthy to publish it. (Although some
Chinese novels have been put in some ftp site)

Is it permissible to upload this table to ifcss.org or can anyone suggest a ftp
site?

Thanks
liangsheng wu