Subject: Input dictionary

From: "L.S.Ng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1993 14:16:59 BST

>From lsn Wed Oct 20 14:16:24 1993
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 93 14:16:24 BST
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: input dictionary of NJSTAR
In-Reply-To: <no.id>; from "Dajun Xu" at Oct 19, 93 1:49 pm
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.3 PL11]

>
>
> Anybody out there knows what format of input dictionary of NJStar or
> the files with extention '.dic'?

I do.

> I want to "customize" some of input
> definations.  Does "china-studies" archive have something to explain
> that? Thanks in advance.
>

1. First you must prepare a text file containing the definition of the
input methods for ALL characters - a dictionary text file.  Such file
can be obtain from ifcss.org:software/x-win/cxterm-dictionary.  You need
to modify the header so that I suit the format of NJStar input
dictionary.  (See INPUTDIC.DOC).  You can then 'customise' the
dictionary file before compiling by inputdic.exe.

2Then run INPUTDIC.EXE

inputdic cangjie njinputk

(extensions not required)

2. There are quite a few dictionary files in cxterm. The collection is quite
comprehensive. Have a look.

3. As for my self, I have written a utility to extract from .DIC to output
to a dictionary text file.

4. I have also reassign the keyboard for Cangjie using another utility of
mine. I have changed the Y key to X, X to Z, because Y is too frequently
used.

Anybody interested in those utilities or the modified Cangjie and
revised Cangjie (jianti Guobiao) dictionary text file, please write me
an email.

Sincerely
Liangsheng WU