From: yuan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1992 21:46:35 CDT

2 year(s) ago(not very sure), I noticed some news regarding hand-writing
 input method while I was in taipei. Several days ago, I got the
 news from China Daily News, Oversears Ed., saying that, this
 product is started marketing to local market and overseas market
 like Singapore and Hongkong, and has a hot sale. I don't have the news
 in detai ls, hopefully somebody who knows this tech can add more to this.
 Here I roughly discribe the so called "hand-writing" input method in
 the following (please send corrections, if something wrong, should be
 a lot).

     The user use a pen-like stuff, write characters down on a
 pad-like stuff. This is exactly the way Chinese's writing behavior.
   The software will recognize what is writing
 down. According to the report, the corrent precise recognization
 rate is 98(?). The software has the ability of "self-learning"
 which means, it will get more familiar with user's "hand-writing
 style" while it is kept using.

  /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
 /  --yuan         -------
  || How have you been?---------------
  !! Your CORRECTIONS & RESPONSES are appreciated! ------------
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~