Subject: STZY.tit

From: Shann Wei-Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1993 10:40:37 CST

While I was waiting for the making of GNU C, I modified the ETZY.tit
file for the official keyboard layout defined in Taiwan (I don't agree
with it, but more and more users start accepting it; this makes me
recall a piece of "fortune", the "users" are the "programmers who
believe whatever you tell them").

If you use cxterm, you know tit file defines an input method.  You compile
this file with tit2cit to produce a cit file for cxterm.  ETZY is a phonetic
input method using the symbols BoPoMoFo, which are mapped into the standard
keyboard by ETen; that is, Bo at key b.  STZY also uses BoPoMoFo but with
a different mapping, Bo at 1.  A complete mapping is shown in the comment
block of STZY.tit.  Most of the keyboard sold in Taiwan (from PCs to
Workstations) now has this mapping printed on the keys along with English
alphabets.

Ftp to the anonymous account of dongpo.math.ncu.edu.tw (140.115.25.3),
get pub/shann/chinese/pinyin/STZY.tit.  I don't mind if anyone keeps a copy
at other ftp sites.

-Shann