Subject: Re: Traditional Chinese font in GB format exists

From: "J. Ding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 91 17:29:06 CST

On Mon, 11 Feb 91 18:05:58 -0500 Stephen G. Simpson said:
>A very good question.  It may not be entirely our fault.  Being in the
>PRC, Academia Sinica is quite isolated and hard to communicate with.
>If you know how to reach the Software Institute by e-mail, please ask
>them to join CCNET and start telling us what they are doing.  Or would
>this get them into trouble?

       Good suggestion. But I'm afraid they won't be able to do it. As I
understand they are even charged for receiving mail. So I don't think they
can afford the traffic on this list.

     But if Mr. Xu could contact them, at least let them know there're a
group of people here are good for them to work with. If they want, we may
have a volunteer to regularly contact them, by mail/e-mail or phone. I hope
they could assign someone to be a regular contact person. It's a good
direction for us to go.

Jian Ding
Computer Support Specialist                   B366JDX@UTARLVM1
Library -- U. Texas at Arlington              [email-masked]