Subject: give up CC-DOS

From: Rupert Zhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 91 19:46:24 EST

CC-DOS softwares are too primitive, not user friendly at all.  No document
or README file is included in the disk.  There are too many versions
produced by too many different vendors.  This often causes big confusion.
I failed to get my CCDOS version work.

BYX seems a better software working on CCDOS file format.

Since Yagui's ZWWATCH.COM is build over CCDOS operating system,
I won't be able to try it on my machine.  Anyway.

-- Rupert

PS: Ya-Gui's comments on CCDOS.
------------------------------------------------
>From [email-masked] Mon Feb 11 21:30 GMT 1991
Subject: RE: CC-DOS
To: "rzhu" <rzhu@watmath>
Cc: "b366jdx" <[email-masked]>

I collected 3 versions of CCDOS and stop collecting them afterward
(I saw or heard of at least 3 other versions). Ruopeng's version
is somewhat similar to one of my versions which runs on CGA computers,
but it doesn't seem to be the same.

Ruopeng - I thought you have a Monochrome system. If that's the
case CGA softwares won't run on it -- better check those things.

In the version I was referring to, I needed to run a program
called "FILE1" before running "CCCC".  But Ruopeng's disk doesn't
seem to have "FILE1" on it.  Why don't you try some of the other
execultables?

Also, if it goes to drive A:, there are two possiblities: (1)
the program is copy protected and requires a key disk in drive
A, (2) the program probably only runs from drive A: and can't
be loaded into hard disks.

If it is case (1) and you do have a working hard disk, I can help
you to get rid of the key disk requirement.  (Working hard disk
should be "working key disk")

yagui