Subject: ISO/IEC DIS 10646 info relating to Chinese

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 91 10:32:15 MST

Here's the section from the ISO/IEC DIS 10646 draft that talks about
the Chinese standard being worked on:

        9. Basic Chinese Plane

        ...

        NOTE: The Chinese national body is in the process of revising
        and consolidating it's national standards.  It is expected
        that the new Chinese standard will be completed by the time of
        IS [International Standard] publication.  It will be
        identified in this clause [9].  This standard will include all
        the characters from GB 2312, GB 12345, GB 7589, GB 7590 and
        CNS 11643.

** I added the items in square brackets for clarification.

I will be gone from Feb. 15 to Feb. 24, but when I return, I will
check with ISO/IEC to see if I can get my hands on a draft of the new
Chinese standard when it is released for public comment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                      "I laughed.
Mark Leisher                                I cried.
Computing Research Lab                          I fell down.
New Mexico State University                        It changed my life."
Las Cruces, NM                     - Rich [Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grille]