Subject: Bug in GB2PS 2.0 ?

From: XiaoFei Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1992 20:47:16 EDT

I just tested GB2PS 2.0 FTP'able from ahkcus.org:./src/unix
using Ghostscript 2.41 FTP'able from prep.ai.mit.edu:./pub/gnu/ghostscript
on a PC running msdos and it DOES NOT WORK.

The error message is `/rangecheck in --imagemask--'.

The Postscript file generated by GB2PS version 1.0 works fine with
Ghostscript 2.41. In fact, I converted the SAME GB file using GB2PS 1.x
and 2.0, one works the other does not.

People who have Ghostscript please test the file `cm.ps' included in the
GB2PS 2.0 package.

I tend to believe this is GB2PS problem rather than Ghostscript
problem.

--
[email-masked] | Subscribe Chinese Poem Exchange and Discussion List
mail [email-masked] with "SUB CHPOEM-L 1st LastName" in the MESSAGE BODY
InterNet Address: UBVM.CC.BUFFALO.EDU | Posting in UUENCODED GB and BIG5

---

From: George Zhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1992 21:03:05 -0400

I downloaded the gb2ps verison 2.0 from ahkcus.org to my unix system,
but when I type make (after I modified Makefile path entries), I got
the following warning messages.  And after I sent my PS file to laser
printer, I got empty printout.  I don't know if any of you have
similar problems.  If anyone can help to fix this, you're greatly
appreciated.

George
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
%make
cc -o plib2ccf plib2ccf.c
cc -DCFONT=\"/user3/zhu/\" -DCOVERPAGE=\"/user3/zhu/cover.ps\" -c gbmain.c
ccom: Warning: gbmain.c, line 60: ambiguous assignment: simple assign, unary op
assumed
       int        page_begin_print=1, page_end_print=-1;
       ----------------------------------------------^
ccom: Warning: gbmain.c, line 92: ambiguous assignment: simple assign, unary op
assumed
       *stheader=*stfooter=0;
       ----------^
cc -DCFONT=\"/user3/zhu/\" -DCOVERPAGE=\"/user3/zhu/cover.ps\" -c gbchar.c
cc -DCFONT=\"/user3/zhu/\" -DCOVERPAGE=\"/user3/zhu/cover.ps\" -c gbinit.c
ccom: Warning: gbinit.c, line 52: ambiguous assignment: simple assign, unary op
assumed
               if (page_end_print<1) page_end_print=-1;
       ---------------------------------------------^
cc -DCFONT=\"/user3/zhu/\" -DCOVERPAGE=\"/user3/zhu/cover.ps\" -c gbpage.c
cc -DCFONT=\"/user3/zhu/\" -DCOVERPAGE=\"/user3/zhu/cover.ps\" -c cover.c
cc -DCFONT=\"/user3/zhu/\" -DCOVERPAGE=\"/user3/zhu/cover.ps\" -o gb2ps gbmain.o
 gbchar.o gbinit.o  		gbpage.o cover.o

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 1992 10:55:57 JST

>George

I had the same trouble as the above, but when I do not produce the
cover, it work well except for a few option (such as -f fonts_size,
 and commands:   B [-]nn , C nnn.nn) on SUN  unix X11R4  system.
The format I used is  "gb2ps -t ....".
I thing the error comes  from the file "cover.ps" as neither I can preview
it with GS nor printout.

Anyway, it is convenient and useful tool.

---Ding