Subject: two problems with GB2PS version 2.0

From: XiaoFei Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1992 23:18:40 EDT

There are two programs with GB2PS version 2.0.

The first problem is pointed out by the previous poster.  It has to do
with `cover.ps'. This problem can be `solved' by not to include the
cover page by using `-t' flag or work out a new cover.ps.  As a matter
of fact, the PS file generated by `gb2ps -t cm2.gb cm2.ps' ( cm2.gb is
the file included in the package as a test file ) cooperate happily
with Ghostscript.

The second problem is GB2PS 2.0 does not like single page. The problem is
very obvious. The `)' is unbalanced in the PS file GB2PS 2.0 generated and
I have found a solution, please see part of the PS code at the end of
the post with my comments.  I believe it is an overlook in the C source
code and can be easily solved by a few key strokes.

I found the problem when I work on a few short poems posted on CHPOEM-L.
However when I work on a longer piece `occasion: the romantic story
about Xu Zhi-Mo' posted on CHPOEM-L and carriedby HXWZ, there isn't any
problem.

Despite of the problems, GB2PS is a very good software and deserves some sort
of reward. Has any one `ported' it to MSDOS? I hope someone work out a
makefile for msdos and put an excutable file in ahkcus.org./src/pc.

%%EndProlog
%%Page: 1
/Courier findfont [8.37 0 0 15.00 0 0] makefont setfont
/H {moveto gsave currentpoint translate 10 10 scale 24 24 true [24 0 0 -24 0 24]
   }def
save
) S
%%%% the `(' is unbalanced. a quick and dirty solution is to delete this
%%%% line
72 748 C4093

--
[email-masked] | Subscribe Chinese Poem Exchange and Discussion List
mail [email-masked] with "SUB CHPOEM-L 1st LastName" in the MESSAGE BODY
InterNet Address: UBVM.CC.BUFFALO.EDU | Posting in UUENCODED GB and BIG5