Subject: Help needed on using CPL 1.1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1992 20:47:00 EST

Hi netters:

I ftp-ed the CPL 1.1 package just now, and i found all the instructions very
straight forward, only one thing stopped me from printing.. :)  that is, I need
ziku24 to print on the HP laserjet, which can only be produced when the PC is
connected to a 24-pin line printer.  But our computer lab has only 3 HP
laserjets and 1 9-pin line printer, so i couldn't make ziku24 file for CPL 1.1.
I wish to know some more about the CPL 1.1 program, what can i do to get around
the ziku24 requirement? or some other way to print .GB files on the HP laserjet
will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best wishes

Lin Zhang

[email-masked]

---

From: MINGHUI YAO <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1992 19:27:00 MST

>the ziku24 requirement? or some other way to print .GB files on the HP laserjet

here 24 does not mean 24-pin:-)  It is 24x24 font file. It is available
in src/pc/BYX directory at ahkcus.org by anonymous ftp (in byxprn2.exe
and byxprn3.exe). I remember that this info is given in cpl-11's readme file.

BTW, I like cpl-11. It prints GB files quite fast on HPLJ.