Subject: More Chinese fonts?

From: Larry Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1992 22:09:00 EDT

Many netters are happily using gb2ps v.2.0 now. One of its advantages
is that it allows one to change Chinese fonts. In principle, it supports
up to 6 Chinese fonts if you can find or create them all. The package
comes with only one font: the SONG style 24X24 chinese font. Can we get
other fonts (e.g., Kai, Hei, FangSong, etc.) somewhere?

---

From: Bo Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1992 00:43:59 -0700

>other fonts (e.g., Kai, Hei, FangSong, etc.) somewhere?

The cc2tex package by Wu, Zhibiao comes with Kai, Hei, and FangSong
24*24 fonts. The only problem is the format of the files are different
from standard cclib files. If used with ChTeX without modifications,
the resulting characters would look rotated 90 degree and then fliped
(mirror image). I wrote a simple program to transform the fonts to
cclib file, also modified ChTeX to work with multiple fonts. The
result was great.

Bad news is that the program was accidentally deleted, without backup.
You could try to do it, just has to re-order the bits( by colums changed
to by rows, also delete some extra un-used charactar plans).

The original font files is at crl.nmsu.edu, /pub/chinese/fonts, named
alib.24 through flib.24.

Bo