Subject: GB2BMP 1.0 FOR WINDOWS

From: "Andresen Lab,PC,Physiology" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1993 16:53:21 -0500

In-Reply-To: [email-masked], [email-masked]...,etc

Hi, Netters:

As an alternative, a separate program -- GB2BMP will be distributed as a free
software in hope that it is useful but without any warranty.

GB2BMP can read GB/CWD files or data on CWD's clipboard to export bitmap
files of ms-windows format. Therefor, one can insert Chinese characters in
true windows files or use bitmap tools to play with the characters.

The initial version -- GB2BMP 1.0 will be e-mailed to those who is interested
in testing it. After testing and some modification, I will upload this
program (probably version 1.1) and its data files.  Should you want to
receive and test GB2BMP, please e-mail me a message. Otherwise, you can wait
a couple of days then ftp yourself.

Here is README.DOC
======================

Installation:
1) Decode and unzip the gb2bmp packge, put files in c:\bmp or d:\bmp.
2) CWD registered uses should put files in c:\cwd2 or d:\cwd2
3) Run windows
4) Activate a program group (i.e. Main, Games, ...) where you want to store
   GB2BMP icon by leftck it.
5) Open and select Program Mamager's [File | New]
6) Select and oked Program item in the New Program Object box.
7) Fill in following message in the Program Item Properties box:

  Description: GB2BMP
  Command Line: c:\bmp\gb2bmp.exe   (or c:\cwd2\gb2bmp.exe)
  Working directory: c:\bmp         (or c:\cwd2 or where you install
                                     CWD 4.0 shareware version)

7) Select OK.

Requirement:

1) Any PC that runs ms-windows 3.1
2) Any Chinese word processor that save plain GB files or CWD.

Sincerely,

Mingyong Yang <[email-masked]>