Subject: New software release - hz2ps 2.1

From: [email-masked] (Fung Fung Lee)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 92 05:00:24 GMT

This is a software release announcement - hz2ps 2.1

The program "hz2ps" converts a hanzi (GB/BIG5) file to PostScript.

Hz2ps 2.1 is a slightly enhanced version of hz2ps 2.0.
Since the release of version 2.0 about a year ago, many users have
expressed their wish to print only a selected range of pages, in addition
to the whole file.  Hence, we have this new version.

If only ONE page is converted, the output PostScript file should conform
to Encapsulated PostScript file version 3.0 (EPSF-3.0).
This format facilitates inclusion of the EPS file into other documents.
For example, you can include the file as a figure using psfig in LaTeX.

The program supports both horizontal and vertical printing mode with or
without page numbers.  Other printing options and fonts can also be
selected. Please see the man page "hz2ps.1" for details.

The program "hz2ps 2.1" is now available on the ftp site "ahkcus.org".
(ftp as user anonymous with no need of a password)
The files are
ahkcus.org: src/unix/hz2ps-2.1.tar.Z
ahkcus.org: src/unix/hzfont.tar.Z

Enjoy!

Fung F. Lee 李枫峰

P.S. Another PS converter "gb2ps" by Wei Sun is also in the same directory.