Subject: GB2PS 2.02 is out

From: William Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1992 14:02:18 EST

Hi, everybody,

The new GB2PS version 2.02 is out, the ftp site is:

	bellatrix.anu.edu.au (150.203.23.14)
in pub/gb2ps/gb2ps.2.02.tar.Z.

The following is the README file of GB2PS 2.02.

Cheers,

W. SUN

====================================================================
This is GB2PS Version 2.02.

This release automatically supports the HZ encoding.  It even allows
you to mix GB and HZ code together. So the name 'GB2PS' may be
misleading. Anyway, just keep it in mind, in case someone ask you "How
can I print HZ format chinese articles?".

Most bugs found in version 2.0 has been fixed. Thanks to all people who
reported these bugs.

This release also provides five chinese fonts, Song, Kai, Fang Song,
Hei and FanTi fonts. The name of the font files are: csong24.ccf
ckai24.ccf, cfang24.ccf, chei24.ccf and cfan24.ccf.

Note: Only csong24.ccf comes with gb2ps package, other fonts are in
separate files. If you have enough disk space, you can grab them all.

Before compile the program, make sure the 'CFONT' in Makefile points to
the correct path of chinese font files, and the 'COVERPAGE' has the
path and name of the cover page PS file.  See 'Makefile' for more
details.

To compile GB2PS:
Type: make

Examples:
	input:	gb2ps -h
	output:	the usage of GB2PS

	input:	gb2ps cm9203d.gb cm
	output: PS programs cm

	input:	gb2ps -b 3 -e 5 cm9208a.hz cm
	output:	PS program cm from page 3 to page 5.

then you can print out the chinese article by sending the PS programs
to your PS printer:

Type:
	print -P printer_name -M PostScript cm.ps