Subject: WAY (to where...?)

From: Wei Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1993 00:19:55 EDT

Hi, dear fellow netters,

Here is Wang Wei, the author of WAY for Windows. I've received a few
mails like the followings since I put the program onto the net. So I'd
like to clear things a little bit here.

I stated in the readme file of WAY that it was an add-on module for
Windows, which might not be precise. WAY does not work like CCDOS
which changes the nature of the original DOS, so that it can support
Chinese in a ASCII environment. While WAY provides only a means of
Chinese input and display interface for new applications to be
developed for Windows. It does not work with the original Windows
applications like NotePad, Write, PaintBrush, or Word for Windows.
Although it can put the GB code for a Chinese character into a
NotePad or Write window, but the code is not recognised by that
software as a Chinese character. I haven't had a chance to try
it in a MS Windows Chinese version. Though it would not be hard
for me to support a Chinese Windows, but I doubt that Microsoft is
really serious about its Chinese products now. So I'll leave WAY
as it is for the time being.

So basically, WAY works for you if you are writing a Chinese program
MS Windows, it does not work for you yet if you just want to write
Chinese texts or put some Chinese character into a picture.

Just a couple of days ago, Mr Tian BoGang released a program called
ChPad from Italy. So I believe if you are writing a Chinese software
in MS Windows, WAY might be able to work for you as well.

My new phone number is (517)-773-1656. My e-mail address stays the same
until I leave the school (maybe in next May).

Regards to all

Wang Wei

----------------------------Original message----------------------------
Dear Netters,
   I have FTP'ed the WAY3002 windows programme from ifcss.org and success-
fully installed and been able to run it.
   Now there is just one small problem, only one thing which I don't
understand:

What is this programme for? What does it do?

It is not an editor.
It doesn't work with WordForWindows.

The font is real nice, but...

Hope someone can enlighten me. Because it must be a helluwa programme, so
nicely designed and all, once I only find out what it does. I tried phoning
the author - but he had moved and hadn't left the new address.

Ingar