From: Yueheng Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1993 17:57:25 -0600

Dear Netters:

    Thanks goes to Mr. Wang Wei for writing a really good commnet this
time. (3/12/93 )
    As for LianXiang card mentioned in Wang's note, It do modified the
Int 10h , similar to CCDOS. There is no way to display CHinese character
in graphics mode without modifying the int 10h. It was me (now someone
else) wrote the Int 10h for LianXiang Card.
    The LianXiang Card replaces the CGA/EGA/VGA card in text mode, so
it support the Chinese character display up to Direct Video Buffer
Access. With such a card, we can use many popular English editors to
write Chinese article or do programming, you can use the original
PE II, Turbo-Pascal, Turbo-C etc  editors to input Chinese. Compared with many
other Chinese systems, most of them have to use a Chinesenized (HAN4 HUA4)
WordStar or their variations (such as WPS in JingShan system) and
forced the user only works in graphics mode. As for this later matter,
since Borland International released their MicroStar editor's source code
(written in Turbo-Pascal), to write a Chinese editor working only in graphics
mode and keep the functional keyboard mapping
compatible with WordStar is only a modest project.

  Yueheng Xu