Subject: Re: How to Display Chinese Characters ??? VERY EASY!!!

From: Hongbo Ni <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1993 11:14:51 +1000

>And to add to your original question : "How is Chinese Characters displayed on
>the Screen?" I would like to ask you 'experts' :
>
>HOW is it possible to write a SIMPLE program to say 'HELLO WORLD' in Chinese
>?
>
>If this could not be made as easy as ABC, then what's the use of talking about
>Chinese Software Industry and so on? I believe all English programmers start
>with the classic C Language example that simply says 'Hello world'.

1. It is VERY simply if you want your program to run under CCDOS:

#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
        printf("Hello World (In Chinese, use NJSTAR to edit)\n");
}

2. If you have to run your program without CCDOS, then you have to draw the
   Chinese charcaters and ascii characters by yourself in Graphic mode, it
   is very complicated and time consuming.

   The Good New is I have made the task easy with my newly developed NJSDK
   -- a Chinese Software development Kits based on NJSTAR v2.1+. NJSDK
   includes Chinese Display, input and Printing routines. The Hello world
   example can be as easy as ABC

#include <stdio.h>
#include "njsdk.h"
int main()
{
        int row=10, col=20;

        NJ_init();    /* A - Load Chinese font and dictioaries */
                      /* B - Do what you want to do on the screen */
        NJ_puts("Hello World (in Chinese)", row, col);
        getkey();     /* wait for a key stroke */
        NJ_end();     /* C - back to DOS */
}

I will post more information if more people are interested in NJSDK.

Hongbo Ni
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
P O Box 866                     Tel:   +61-2-399-9876
Kensington NSW 2033             Fax:   +61-2-399-9876 (Auto Detection)
Australia                       Email: [email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~