Subject: wctype library update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 91 11:51:03 MST

crl.nmsu.edu:pub/misc/wcslib.tar.Z

Once again, for you C hackers, I have significantly updated the wcslib
wctype and wstring library.

Thanks to Eric Bowles of the University of Tokyo pointing out a more
compact table representation, the character type tables are half the
size they used to be.

New features:

Standard C compile time checking is now done (the library can now be
compiled using old style C compilers, Standard C compilers, and C++
compilers).

The ASCII<->two byte ASCII equivalent conversion functions for the JIS
codeset now work like they should.

Added wstrcat and wstrncat to the wstr part of the library.

Removed dependency on the wchar_t type in the wctype part of the
library (everything is now integers).

Except for the default character type table, character type tables are
loaded dynamically when they are required.  They can also be unloaded
if more memory is needed.

Some new functions have been provided to detect characters that are in
some sense pairs (i.e. open and close parentheses and so forth).
These functions work with the two-byte codesets as well.

A character class table that can be added to at runtime (character
classes can be used to detect things like the beginning and end of
words, sentences, and paragraphs and also for things like regular
expressions).

A macro for getting the character class of a character.

A function to add a new character class.

A function to set the character class on a range of positions in a
codeset.

A function that returns the size of the character type table (for bounds
checking when setting character classes).

Things that will be added later:

Manual pages for the library.

A "real" character type table compiler.

Support for the other eight ISO 8859 codesets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]                      "I laughed.
Mark Leisher                                I cried.
Computing Research Lab                          I fell down.
New Mexico State University                        It changed my life."
Las Cruces, NM                     - Rich [Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grille]