Subject: WuBiZiXing Research Group of Kelantan

From: Tan E Ming - guojin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1993 23:32:53 -0500

I am very glad to received so many e-mails following the e-mail "We are
together". Most of the netters didn't know that there is such "healthy" thing
happening in Malaysia as well.
Since most of them is asking whether the group had published any book
or manual on the "super fast" learning method of WuBiZiXing Input Method, I have
posted the following brief history of the group to CCNET. I hope this will help.

        In 1988, Mr Foo Meng Yen was invited by Chung Cheng Secondary School
(SM Chung Cheng) principal Mr Gun It Gon, to teach 3 teachers and 9 students
from the school, thus establishing the foundation for the set-up of the Kelantan
WuBiZiXing Research Group.

        Two years later, SM Chung Cheng, SM Chung Hwa and Chung Hwa Private
jointly organized with the co-sponsorship from Tong Yong Computer Ltd. Co., the
WuBiZiXing Input Method seminar, intoducing the skill of WuBiZiXing Input Method
to the education institutions and the printing establishments. In order to
facilitate the work load incurred, with the proposal and the support from Dr Foo
Meng How, his elder brother Mr Foo Meng Yen and Mr Gun It Gon, the WuBiZiXing
Research Group of Kelantan was officially established in 21st September 1990.

        The group committee board are as the following :

        Advisors         : Foo Meng How, Foo Meng Yen
        President        : Gun It Gon
        Secretary        : Poh Kim Hee
        Treasury         : Tan Boon Siong
        Commitee members : Chang Swee Cheong, Ng Li Po,
                           Luo Mei Li, Wei Shu Sheng

        Since the setting up of the WuBiZiXing Research Group, the group has
been continuously planning and studying, through various means, among others
through seminars, flash courses and newspapers, vigorously proposing and
recommending the usage of WuBiZiXing Input Method throughout the nation.

        When the group was formed, it embraces a will : To introduce, promote
and integrate the Chinese word-processing software used in preparing and
printing the examination papers by the nation's Chinese language teachers
Thus allowing the teachers to exchange the information and ideas. Therefore,
the group has been putting in great effort promoting and organizing WuBiZiXing
Input Method seminars and flash courses, and had also been invited to various
part of the nation to conduct the flash courses.  Until the end of 1991, the
group had been successfully promoting the skill of WuBiZiXing Input Method
nationwide. These include Batu Pahat, Selangor, Pahang and Trengganu. The
authorities involved or participated are like the academic institutions, Chinese
Commerce Association executive members, Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA)
executive members, Chinese Information Research Center (Hua2 She4 Zi1 Liao4 Yan2
Jiu1 Zhong1 Xin1) and so on.

        1991 August 21st, WuBiZiXing inventor and developer, Prof. Wang Yong
Ming together with the manager, Mr Xu Zhen Lu visited the group, acknowledging
and praising the effort put and the success achieved by the group. On top of
that, the group was also granted the franchise of promoting and distributing
WuBiZiXing 1991 Version (Wang Ma Ver.5.00) and Wang Ma 480 Desktop Publishing
System.

        The next aim of the group is to promote the printing system (da3 yin4
xi4 tong3). The group unanimously agree that WuBiZiXing Input Method and the
printing/ouput of Lian2 Xiang3 Shi4 Han4 Ka3 system must work together due to
the vast applications of Lian2 Xiang3 Shi4 Han4 Ka3.

        The manuals published by the group include :
        WuBiZiXing Index Searching Booklet      (1990 February )
        WuBiHua Index Searching Booklet         (1992 February )
        Chinese Computing Coding Method Manual  (1992 February )

        Please note also that the WuBiZiXing Research Group main objective is
not commercially oriented but rather it is especially for the benefits of the
users of the WuBiZiXing Input Method and for the Chinese information processing
and computing in general.

        Anybody who wish to contribute his/her idea to the group or who shares
the common view could contact the group through the following address :

        WuBiZiXing Research Group of Kelantan
        3597, Jalan Ismail,
        15000 Kota Bharu, Kelantan.
        West Malaysia.
        Tel : 09-783518

emtan
Good luck.