Subject: Chinese on EPSON

From: Xiaodan Tang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 13:06:00 JST

This is to everybody who is interesting about EPSON386.

   >My PC is EPSON386, when I install some chinese software such as zwdos to

Dear friend,

Japanese PCs is very different from IBM PCs, they are using different BIOS
(Basic Input Output System). For example, the video output and key input
is Int 10h and Int16h on a IBM PCs, (this is the basic of many chinese system)
but is Int 18h on an NEC98 or EPSON.

The adapter of EPSON, normally is 640x400, and the way to confirm an adapter
is EGA or VGA on IBM PCs, will not valid on EPSON.

   >I send this mail to concluce the result for the trouble based on the
   >advice. I find out that it seems my PC that is EPSON386 made in Japan
   >has not any of the cards(maybe realise the same with other mechanism).
   >So the conclusion is if I want to use all of the good chinese softs
   >I should buy another IBM-compatible PC machine! It is a miserable
   >result for me. It seems that there are no any chinese softs for Japan's
   >PC(NEC98&EPSON etc), of cource I hope some but....

Yes, you are right. As my knowladge, there is a company in OSAKA, have
published a word processor which can edit Chinese, English, Japanese, Korea
artical at the same time. But it takes you 100,000 yen.

If you only need to display the Chinese Artical (to read HXWZ for example)
may be I can send you a program. The program I build is current now based
on J3100 Japanese Mode, and I am tring to port it on NEC98 machine.

Xiaodan Tang                            Tel   : (81)-3-3293-4717
OpenSystem Division                     Fax   : (81)-3-3293-4725
LIFEBOAT, Inc. Tokyo, Japan             E-mail: [email-masked]