Subject: The other side..

From: "[Z. Zhang ~{VqHK~}" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 1994 14:53:53 CDT

Happy Lunar day everyone!

I was asked to write something "more amusement than 'sore'ness"
for local CSS's newsletter on about the same subject running around
here. I gave it a shot. Nothing toooo serious and I didn't intend
to make any points here. Take care folks.

-bambooman

--++--++--
        [ What to do @ Lunar Night ]
        =============================

        Generally speaking, Lunar day, or THE Lunar Festival if you like,
is not quite right for boys as it is for any others, and it ought to be
this way. Girls, for example, would prefer to stay home and chew up the
mooncakes quietly, and this is obviously The _Right_ thing. We surely don't
-- we permenatly want the perfect opposite. By making this statement I am
not implying that, if you are a boy and do behave well then you are really
girlish. All I am trying to say is that you probably have underutilized the
festival, and you need to consider something more than shampooing your curly
hair each morning now and then: as I learned precisely nine lunar years ago.

        ECE boys in the campus of Fudan were seldom trouble-makers. But
potentially (and periodically) we are, and this fact was fully exposed
that night. After the first hurry and sorry mouthful of the mooncakes, we
decided to set out on bikes heading for the Forest Park just to do _Wrong_
things. It was damn dark, but within an hour we got there. With three flat
tires and one lost glasses, it did not appeared as a great start. But as
you know, when one has decided to do something, especially _Wrong things,
then nothing else really counts. So we climbed over the wall, copying moves
from TV action heros as exactly as we could, and then, Gosh, ten minutes
later the one who lost his glasses walked right into the lake! We dispathed
rescue teams, and soon they reached the other side fruitlessly with one
less person.... The embarrassment continued until we finally recollected
the lost. Meanwhile we found where the two motor boats were parked. Needless
to say, we let them go from the shore and started the engine with knifes.
I remembered it was quite some noises in such a night....

        I shall not bore you with many other bad traces we left, we were
simply little criminals at our own will. You may question me that, Why,
during the whole process no park guards were out to interfere? Well, they
were in a small cage watching TV shows and, shall I also tell you what my
bike lock was doing exactly at that time? We could have done a great more
had our captain, when climbing into the park, not unzipped his pants at...
eh God, that place.

        "Why you, BambooMan", you may solemnly pointed at me, "don't feel
a bit guilty but are pretty proud of it instead?!!" Oh C'm on, this is Lunar
Day and what d'ya mean? Come over, let me tell you my boss' account password...

        9/20/1994
                -- from BambooMan ZZ's short story series (#9)

============================================================================
    \\\\\///    | "All these parables set out to say merely is that
    | \ c |     |  incomprehensible is incomprehensible, and we know that
   {| @-@ |e    |  already. But the cares we have to struggle with everyday:
    |  "  |     |  that is a different matter."  - F.Kafka "On Parables"
    |  .  |     |+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    \     /     | Zheng Zhang (The Bamboo-Boy)  CSRL 427, MC-264, ECE Dept.
     |'''|      | Center for Supercomputing Research and Development
     |   |      | University of Ill-Noise at Banana-Shampoo
  |         |   | 3-4297(O), 344-7652(H), [email-masked]
============================================================================