Subject: Please!

From: Yibu Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 10:23:11 -0400

September 30, 1994

All my friends:

     I was surprised when I saw Baoqing's comments on Yang's
poetry.  While there is no reason to believe that Baoqing purposely
did it just to hurt Yang, I do think that such comment is
insensitive.  The Ch-poem-net is certainly not a paradise, nor a
love field, while sincere voices should be heard, true feelings are
shared, understanding, tolerance and generosity should always come
out at first.
     Yang:  I understand if you felt hurt, but I don't think you
should therefore withdraw from the group.  Life is not easy, please
be tough and strong.  Besides, there are people out there who like
to read your poetry.  And, you don't think Baoqing really intended
to "beat you up", do you?  One more thing, I am also a Scuba diver
(NAUI, Openwater II), maybe sometime we can get together
underwater.  However, if you really write poems on the slate while
we are diving, then do not blame me if I say something like "Oh my
God!  Will you stop writing those damn poems, don't you see there
is a shark coming towards us, you want to kill us? You crazy son of
the Muses...."
     Much worse than Baoqing's comment, isn't it? :-)

     Take care everyone and have a peaceful weekend!

     Yours,

     Yibu

P.S.  I am sorry to write in English.  I have been very busy these
days and I don't know how to read or edit Chinese in my work
station (HELP!!).