Subject: Re: Please!

From: Steve Niu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 17:32:10 +0100

>      I was surprised when I saw Baoqing's comments on Yang's
 > poetry.  While there is no reason to believe that Baoqing purposely
 > did it just to hurt Yang, I do think that such comment is
 > insensitive.  The Ch-poem-net is certainly not a paradise, nor a

I read, but I never posted. Now I could not help to say something,
actually a true story:

It happened about half a year ago in a university in Canada. There was
a news net for chinese students and scholars (cssa). For several
weeks, a beatiful and enthusiatic girl managed to post a piece of
humor to the net everyday, to wish everybody a good day. Then one day,
a guy (who didn't have a good day that day) posted a response to the
net, saying something like this: stop it, don't you think the humor
you posted is stupid? Of course the girl was hurt badly and the guy
was criticized and blamed by many people.

So?  After that, both the girl and the guy became silent. No more
humors!

---
Steve Niu
:-} Lost in Europe. No address. Touch me with your finger.
=== There's no sense in being precise when you don't even know what
    you're talking about.  - John von Neumann