Subject: IFCSS 5da: Schedule and Airline Reservation (IFCSS HQ NR-4125)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1993 16:28:17 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4125          May 11, 1993
     IFCSS 5da:  Schedule and Airline Reservation
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

          IFCSS 5th Congress Preparation (II)

   Tentative Schedule and Airline Reserveration Information
   ========================================================

Dear fellow Chinese students and scholars:

     The major airline companies are reducing airfares as they
start summer promotion programs which will last only 1-2 weeks.
Please make your airline reservations now for the 5th Congress.
IFCSS has assigned Ambassador Square Travel as the official agency
to assist you making reservations. We have also drawn up a
tentative schedule of the 5th Congress for your reference. Please
note that you may leave Lexington Monday morning (July 5).

     Thanks for your cooperation.

                *        *       *         *

              1.     Tentative Schedule
                     ------------------

July 1  (Thursday):

  12:00 noon-2:00 am, July 2:    Registration
           Location: B Tower Lobby

July 2: (Friday)

  Morning:   Opening Ceremony at Student Center New Theater (SCNT 
             hereafter)
             4th-term Reports and Response

  Afternoon: Workshop/Seminar (I)
  
             -- Panel Discussion on Sino-U.S. Relations
                    followed by
             -- Workshop on Chinese Student Protection Act.

  Evening:   Workshop/Seminar (II)
             -- Seminar on Email and Computer information
             -- Round-table discussion: Small Business Association
             -- Impressions of Trips to China
             -- Student Service

July 3: (Saturday)

  In the Day:  Social Activities. (Tour of a national Park)
  Evening:   President/VP Candidates meet delegates

July 4: (Sunday)

  Morning:   Constitutional Revision.  (Convention Center)
  Afternoon: Resolutions and Election of Council, SVC.
  Evening:   Election of New President and Vice-president

July 5: (Monday)

  Morning:   Closing ceremony, Travel Reimbursement, check out.

             *        *        *        *

                2. Airline Ticket Information

   IFCSS Assist 5da Delegates to Reserve Airline Tickets
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      IFCSS HQ recommends Ambassador Square Travel to handle your
airline reservations and ticketing.  They have negotiated a group
rate from all cities traveling to Lexington, Kentucky.

      Please mention to the agent that you are a delegate to the
IFCSS Congress to ensure that you will receive at least a 5%
discount off the published fare.

      The information of Ambassador Square Travel is as follows:

      Ambassador Square Travel
      10751 Ambassador Drive, Suite 101
      Manassas, Virginia 22110

      Telephone:        703-368-9111     (Local)
                        800-447-3900     (Nationwide)
      Fax:              703-968-8431

      Since the Congress will be over a holiday weekend
(Independence Day), make your reservation now!  Space will be
limited.

p/s   This agency is also prepared to serve the CSS community in
general.  Ambassador Square Travel is computerized for the lowest
available fares.  If you and your families need to purchase a
ticket for domestic or international flights, you can also contact
the agency. 

     Please remember to mention that you are a member of the IFCSS.

For more information about the Congress, please contact the IFCSS
HQ at 202-347-0017 or [email-masked]

Thank you.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping * 
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub pbs-l last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub pbs-l last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************