Subject: Zhou Hongguang will visit HQ

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Dec 1993 00:01:31 -0500 (CDT)

Council member Zhou Hongguang will visit the HQ in DC to exchange 
views and ideas with the IFCSS president and HQ staff members.

Zhou Hongguang is a member of the Council Finance Committee and the
coordinator of the Council Financial Inspection Team. His trip to the
HQ is on behalf of the Finance Committee.

I suppose all my colleagues in the Council are aware of the current
difficult situation the Council is facing: the Inspection Team has
conducted one on-site inspection of the HQ and has not been able to
gain a complete assessment of IFCSS' financial situation. After the
Inspection Team announced its plan of second on-site trip to DC,
the HQ has openly stated that the Team will not be received by the HQ.

Although the HQ, as the executive branch of IFCSS, has no right to
refuse the inspection by the Council (which is by the Council's
resolution) financial inspection team, the team could not force the HQ
offiers to "receive" them anyway.

Let's hope Zhou Hongguang's trip will bring about some positive
result after discussing with HQ members about the problem thoroughly,
and make things move forward again.

Holiday Greetings!

Yungui Ding

---

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 93 01:11:30 -0500

Is he go to there on his own, or representing council ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

             Wishing you all Happy Holidays
           ...        *                        *       *
             ...   *         *    ..and...                     *
        *      ...        *           *            *
                 ...                   ... A Happy New Year!      *
                   ..                            *
           *        ..        *                       *
                  __##____              *                      *
         *    *  /  ##  ****                   *
                /        ****               *         *  X   *
          *    /        ******     *                    XXX      *
              /___________*****          *             XXXXX
               |            ***               *       XXXXXXX   X
           *   | ___        |            *       *   XXXXXXXX  XXX
         *     | | |   ___  | *       *             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
               | |_|   | |  ****             *           X   XXXXXXX
           *********** | | *******      *                X      X
        ************************************************************

          __
   ______/ /301-405-5025(O)____301-314-9437(fax)     Dong Chen
  / ____/ /_  ___  ___    / __ \____  ___  ____(C)   LPR, Univ. of Maryland
 / /   / __ \/ _ \/ _ \  / / / / __ \/ _ \/ __ \     College Park, MD 20742
/ /___/ / / /  __/ // / / /_/ / /_/ / // / /_/ / 
\____/_/ /_/\___/_//_/ /_____/\____/_//_/\__  /  "Everytime I see  a friend
 __________________________________________/ /    succeed, a little part of 
/___________________________________________/     me dies"     - Gore Vidal

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Dec 1993 11:28:09 -0500 (CDT)

Chen Dong and other colleagues:

Zhou Hongguang is on behalf of the Finance Committee.
The Finance Committee considers such a trip is necessary. 
The Council Chair is making arrangement between the IFCSS president
and the Finance Committee.

Zhou Hongguang called me last night, and he asked me to pass his words 
to the colleagues in the Council: As the financial matters of IFCSS
are important and not easy to handle, the Finance Committee needs 
everyone in the Council and in the CSS community to be concerned of
issue. The Finance Committee calls on everyone to kindly share his/her
views and ideas about this matter with the members of the Committee.

Especially the Council members, please think positively about the
financial situation of IFCSS and make your constructive ideas known
to the Council, the Finance Committee, or any one invovled in the
work.

Yungui Ding

PS:  My own words :-)
     I believe direct, positive communication and cooperation will
     be good for the current situation. Considering that all the 
     Council members and other volunteers involved in the financial
     inspection are VOLUNTEERS, the Christmas break may be the only
     good period left of our term that the financial team can spare
     some time to make a trip to DC. It is very frustrating and 
     unfortunate that the inspection plan could not be realized.
     I am really not sure at this point how much this term of Council
     will be able to do. I appreciate very much the enthusiasm of 
     Hongguang and other members of the team, and I only hope Hongguang
     's trip to DC and his meeting with Lin Changsheng will make a good
     positive impact to the issue. I also hope others could give the
     team more suggestions and support.