Subject: The Council Financial Taskforce

From: [email-masked]
Date: 05 Dec 1993 15:50:22 -0500 (CDT)

Dear colleagues,

The IFCSS financial management has turned out to be an very important
work that deserves close attention of the Council. Financial management
is in some sense crucial to the general operation of IFCSS. It is also
a key part of IFCSS' professionalization.

The Council's Financial Inspection Team (IT) has been working hard 
with the coordination of the Council's Finance Committee. Due to the
nature of our volunteering work and the complicatedness and significancy
of the financial work, the Finance Committee has extended the IT to be
a taskforce (TF) to continue the financial inspection, general internal 
auditing, and improvement of the financial regulations.

Council members Zhang Feng, Liqun, and me have been added to the taskforce.
The Finance Committee is also considering to include other CSS with needed
expertise into the TF. The following is the current list of the TF:

      Shen Tong     (Finance Committee member)
      Qi Bing       (FC)
      Zhou Hongguang(FC)

      Ding Yungui   (Council member)
      Dong Liqun    (C)
      Liu Chen      (C)
      Zhang Feng    (C)
      Bai Yan       (of Texas, invited volunteer)
      Luo Ning      (of New York, invited volunteer, former SV member)

Hongguang has been coordinating the IT effort. Approaching the end of the
school terms, like many others, he is having a busy time for his finals.
Upon the request of the Finance Committee, I will be serving as the 
coordinator of the TF until Hongguang is available again.

I hope all of my colleagues in the Council will share your idea with
us. Your concern and/or volunteer will be welcome. If you know other students
who are willing to share with us their concern about IFCSS and/or their
knowledge in finance/accounting or other related fields, please feel free
to let us know. A better IFCSS could only be possible with the keen
participation from all CSS.

Thanks,

Yungui