Subject: Memo: Confirmation of Receipt of Memos

From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1993 17:40:35 -0500 (EST)

Memo

Date: 	December 19, 1993

From: 	Council Financial Inspection Team (thereafter refer as IT)
		Zhou Hongguang(signed), Coordinator

TO:		IFCSS HQ VIA FAX AND E-MAIL

ATTN:		Mr. Lin Changsheng, President
		Mr. Liu Xiaozhu, Executive Director

CC:		IFCSS Council AND IFCSS SVC VIA E-MAIL		

RE: 		Confirmation of Receipt 

Would you please confirm WITH YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE FOLLOWING PORTION 
the receipt of the following memos concerning Follow-up Site Inspection 
of IFCSS HQ Financial Situation and Reconfirmation of Authorization of 
Mr. Bai Yan a member of the Council Financial Inspection Member by 
RETURN FAX to Zhou Hongguang at 404-727-0372 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Thank you very much for your prompt attention.

Zhou Hongguang
(signed)
Coordinator
The Council Financial Inspection Team

------------------------Fax Cover Sheet----------------------- 
Fax Message

From:   Hongguang Zhou
FAX:(404)727-0372

TO:              IFCSS HQ                                       
Fax No:         202-347/0018                                               

ATTN:   	Mr. Lin Chansheng, Mr Liu Xiaozhu

Date:  	December 22,1993

Number of All Pages including Cover Sheet: 8

NOTE: If you have problem in receiving or questions regarding this 
message please call me at (404)727-0641.        

Thanks and regards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT OF FAX MESSAGE-----------------

THIS IS ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF THE RECEIPT OF THE FOLLOWING TWO MEMOS 
CONCERNING Follow-up Site Inspection of IFCSS HQ Financial Situation and 
Reconfirmation of Authorization of Mr. Bai Yan a member of the Council 
Financial Inspection Member.

SIGNED BY ________________________ FOR IFCSS HQ ON DECEMBER 22, 1993

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 03:35:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
To: ifcss <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], LU Ping <[email-masked]>
Subject: Announcement: Follow-up Site Inspection of IFCSS HQ Financial 
Situation

                    An Announcement 
on Follow-up Site Inspection of IFCSS HQ Financial Situation
     by IFCSS Council Financial Inspection Team

Date: 	December 19, 1993

From: 	Council Financial Inspection Team (thereafter refer as IT)
		Zhou Hongguang(signed), Coordinator

TO:		IFCSS Council
		IFCSS HQ
CC:		IFCSS SVC
            
Attention: 	Mr. Lin Changsheng, President
	   	Ms. Jiang Zuihong, Treasurer

Sub: Follow-up Site Inspection of IFCSS HQ Financial Situation

1. Objectives:

1.1	To continue implementing the Council Resolution C5020 by 
completing the review of the financial records of 4th IFCSS HQ and the 
up to date records of the 5th term, including fixed asset list; 

1.2	To further gather information needed for putting forwarding  
amendments to the financial regulations governing the operation of IFCSS 
(to amend the existing Financial Regulations is one of the major goal of 
the 5th IFCSS Council Finance Committee's work);

1.3	To provide a basis for further certified public auditing by a CPA.

2. Parties involved:
	
2.1	IFCSS Council Financial Inspection Team: Qi Bing, Liu Cheng, Bai 
Yan, Zhou Hongguang 

2.2	HQ: 	President and Treasurer of the 4th term
		President and Treasurer of the 5th term

3. Time and Place

3.1	Time is essence. Because all members of the IT are full-time 
students and the only time they are available before summer is winter 
break, the days between the Christmas and News Years' holidays would be 
the only best slot accommodating the schedule of semester closing and 
beginning of the IT members. Though this period of time is a family-
union time, IT thinks it has to carry out its responsibility. 

3.2 	Time: 12/28-12/31/93, and after the New Year's Day if necessary

3.3	Place: IFCSS HQ Office, Washington, D.C.

4. Responsibility of the HQ

4.1	The HQ are urged to follow the memo sent to Ms. Jiang Zuihong on 
Decmber 18, 1993 by the Council Financial Committee (Appendix 1) to 
prepare material that required;

4.2	The HQ should follow the Financial Regulations to provide full 
assistance, access to the site and all possible conveniences to IT as to 
the reviewing the financial and fixed assets situations at the  HQ;

4.3	The HQ should inform Mr. Geng Xiao of his presence at the HQ at 
aforesaid dates.

5. Support for and cooperation in the site examination

5.1	Financial inspection is one of the major checking-and-balancing 
mechanism IFCSS possesses. Support for and cooperation in the inspection 
work from the Council, HQ and general public is essential for smoothly 
conducting such business.

6. Others

6.1	In case that the situations arise that is not anticipated in the 
above, the parties involved should consult with each other and solve 
the differences according to the IFCSS Constitution and Bylaws and 
resolutions.

6.2	Questions: please contact Zhou Hongguang, Coordinator of IT.

Thank you for your kind attention.

-----------------------------------------
Appendix 1

(Quick Provision of Financial Information)

To:   Jiang Zuihong, the Treasurer, IFCSS ([email-masked])
Cc:   IFCSS Council ([email-masked])
From: The Finance Committee, IFCSS (signed by: Zhou Hongguang)
Subj:   Quick Provision of Financial Information
Date: December 18, 1993
 
It has been 6 weeks since the Inspection Team issued a memo to you on 
November 7, 1993 with respect to the provision of necessary financial 
information. Apparently you have chosen to ignore its attempts of 
goodwill to secure information from you, and you have failed to meet 
your commitments regarding that memo. Please bear in mind that the memo 
dated November 7, 1993 required you to provide information, rather than 
asked you to merely indicate whether you had information or not.
 
The information the Inspection Team wants for this time still derives 
from the memo, which is listed as follows. Again, we suggest you to act 
at once. Please remember that requests for further information will be 
made from time to time, and any information obtained will be used for 
the objectives of the IFCSS's financial improvement.
 
The following information should be sent to Mr. Zhou Hongguang, the 
coordinator of the Finance Committee no later than December 31, 1993, 
Friday.
 
1. Copies of each Form 990, including the one for the last fiscal year.
   If any "unrelated business" is involved, copies of Form 990 (T) must 
be provided. If the current Form 990 misses the due date for IRS, 
information on the amount of penalty of late charge is needed.
 
2. Copies of all registration documents pertaining to tax-exempt status 
and not-for-profit activities, including 501 (c) (3).
 
3. A statement of IFCSS's total value, including current and noncurrent 
assets.
 
4. Copies of all original invoices and receipts for CSPA and 5th 
Congress.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Memo: Reconfirmation of Authorization of Mr. Bai Yan as a member of the 
Council Financial Inspection Team

Date: 	December 22, 1993

From: 	For Council Finance Committee
		Zhou Hongguang(signed), Coordinator of the Council Financial 
		Inspection Team

TO:		IFCSS Council
		IFCSS HQ
CC:		IFCSS SVC
		Mr. Bai Yan
            
Attention: 	Mr. Lin Changsheng, President
	   	Ms. Jiang Zuihong, Treasurer

Sub: Reconfirmation of Authorization of Mr. Bai Yan as a member of the 
Council Financial Inspection Team

This is a reconfirmation of the authorization of Mr. Bai Yan as a member 
of the Council Financial Inspection Team, made on October 16, 1993 by me 
on the behalf of the Finance Committee and in capacity of the 
Coordinator of the Council Financial Inspection Team, which was set in 
accordance with the Council Resolution C5020. Such an authorization with 
the power entrusted upon me in the accordance with Council's by-law, 
Article IV: Committees in the Council,

   "The Council may, by resolution adopted by the Council,
   designate one or more committees, each committee to consist of two,
   or more, of the members of the Council, which, to the extent
   provided in the resolution, shall have and may exercise the powers
   of the Council in management of the business and affairs of the        
   Council.
   The name, chairperson and members of each such committee may be 
   dertermined from time to time by resolution adopted by the Council."

Accordingly, Mr. Bai Yan, upon the date of October 16, 1993 of the 
Authorization and his signing of the Agreement of Confidentiality, has 
become a member of the Council Financial Inspection Team with the 
privilege of accessing all IFCSS financial records for the purpose of 
conducting financial inspection of the IFCSS HQ within the duration of 
such an inspection.
------------------------------------------------------------------------