Subject: Announcement: Follow-up Site Inspection of IFCSS HQ Financial Situation

From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1993 03:35:41 -0500 (EST)

An Announcement 
on Follow-up Site Inspection of IFCSS HQ Financial Situation
     by IFCSS Council Financial Inspection Team

Date: 	December 19, 1993

From: 	Council Financial Inspection Team (thereafter refer as IT)
		Zhou Hongguang(signed), Coordinator

TO:		IFCSS Council
		IFCSS HQ
CC:		IFCSS SVC
            
Attention: 	Mr. Lin Changsheng, President
	   	Ms. Jiang Zuihong, Treasurer

Sub: Follow-up Site Inspection of IFCSS HQ Financial Situation

1. Objectives:

1.1	To continue implementing the Council Resolution C5020 by 
completing the review of the financial records of 4th IFCSS HQ and the 
up to date records of the 5th term, including fixed asset list; 

1.2	To further gather information needed for putting forwarding  
amendments to the financial regulations governing the operation of IFCSS 
(to amend the existing Financial Regulations is one of the major goal of 
the 5th IFCSS Council Finance Committee's work);

1.3	To provide a basis for further certified public auditing by a CPA.

2. Parties involved:
	
2.1	IFCSS Council Financial Inspection Team: Qi Bing, Liu Cheng, Bai 
Yan, Zhou Hongguang 

2.2	HQ: 	President and Treasurer of the 4th term
		President and Treasurer of the 5th term

3. Time and Place

3.1	Time is essence. Because all members of the IT are full-time 
students and the only time they are available before summer is winter 
break, the days between the Christmas and News Years' holidays would be 
the only best slot accommodating the schedule of semester closing and 
beginning of the IT members. Though this period of time is a family-
union time, IT thinks it has to carry out its responsibility. 

3.2 	Time: 12/28-12/31/93, and after the New Year's Day if necessary

3.3	Place: IFCSS HQ Office, Washington, D.C.

4. Responsibility of the HQ

4.1	The HQ are urged to follow the memo sent to Ms. Jiang Zuihong on 
Decmber 18, 1993 by the Council Financial Committee (Appendix 1) to 
prepare material that required;

4.2	The HQ should follow the Financial Regulations to provide full 
assistance, access to the site and all possible conveniences to IT as to 
the reviewing the financial and fixed assets situations at the  HQ;

4.3	The HQ should inform Mr. Geng Xiao of his presence at the HQ at 
aforesaid dates.

5. Support for and cooperation in the site examination

5.1	Financial inspection is one of the major checking-and-balancing 
mechanism IFCSS possesses. Support for and cooperation in the inspection 
work from the Council, HQ and general public is essential for smoothly 
conducting such business.

6. Others

6.1	In case that the situations arise that is not anticipated in the 
above, the parties involved should consult with each other and solve 
the differences according to the IFCSS Constitution and Bylaws and 
resolutions.

6.2	Questions: please contact Zhou Hongguang, Coordinator of IT.

Thank you for your kind attention.

-----------------------------------------
Appendix 1

(Quick Provision of Financial Information)

To:   Jiang Zuihong, the Treasurer, IFCSS ([email-masked])
Cc:   IFCSS Council ([email-masked])
From: The Finance Committee, IFCSS (signed by: Zhou Hongguang)
Subj:   Quick Provision of Financial Information
Date: December 18, 1993
 
It has been 6 weeks since the Inspection Team issued a memo to you on 
November 7, 1993 with respect to the provision of necessary financial 
information. Apparently you have chosen to ignore its attempts of 
goodwill to secure information from you, and you have failed to meet 
your commitments regarding that memo. Please bear in mind that the memo 
dated November 7, 1993 required you to provide information, rather than 
asked you to merely indicate whether you had information or not.
 
The information the Inspection Team wants for this time still derives 
from the memo, which is listed as follows. Again, we suggest you to act 
at once. Please remember that requests for further information will be 
made from time to time, and any information obtained will be used for 
the objectives of the IFCSS's financial improvement.
 
The following information should be sent to Mr. Zhou Hongguang, the 
coordinator of the Finance Committee no later than December 31, 1993, 
Friday.
 
1. Copies of each Form 990, including the one for the last fiscal year.
   If any "unrelated business" is involved, copies of Form 990 (T) must 
be provided. If the current Form 990 misses the due date for IRS, 
information on the amount of penalty of late charge is needed.
 
2. Copies of all registration documents pertaining to tax-exempt status 
and not-for-profit activities, including 501 (c) (3).
 
3. A statement of IFCSS's total value, including current and noncurrent 
assets.
 
4. Copies of all original invoices and receipts for CSPA and 5th 
Congress.
--------------------EOF------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 21 Dec 1993 11:35:26 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Colleagues,

Good to see Zhou Hongguang back to his normal work.
My function on behalf of him ceases right away.

Although there is different opinion, as we have seen, which I view it
is completely normal, I have been faithfully carrying out the duty
entrusted to by Hongguang, and entitled on me as a Council member.

What I have done is mainly to provide more updated information to my
colleagues in the Council of the Finance Committee's recent works.
I believe more communications among the Council members, and between the
Council and other functioning branches of IFCSS, will better serve IFCSS.
For that, I'll continue my effort.

Happy holidays!

Yungui Ding