Subject: on the Financial issues

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Dec 1993 17:12:33 -0500 (CDT)

Dear colleagues,

I would like to call your attention to the on-going issue
related to Council's financial inspection of the HQ.

1. As a follow-up step, the on-site inspection announced by the
   Finance Committee is a very approriate, necessary move.

2. The finance committee has right, while conducting financial related
   business on behalf of the Council, to invite Bai Yan to the team,
   as long as the Council is informed.

3. The HQ's appeal against Zhou Hongguang should not become an obstacle
   for the Council's Finance Committee to conduct its work.
   The language used in the appeal construe personal attack against
   Mr. Zhou Hongguang, which is an unfortunate thing to see in the
   work of IFCSS.
   Again, some of the "fact" the HQ used in the appeal has be proved
   false.

4. Internal inspection could not be substituted by external CPA auditing.
   Internal insepction is not merely a dispute of "format", it should
   be viewed as a step forward towards improvement of IFCSS financial
   management. 

5. It is very inapproriate, if not illegal, for the HQ to go alone
   to invite outside CPA auditing. 
   Although we don't suspect any individuals' integrity, business
   is business. In regard of financial inspection, the HQ as the
   operational branch of IFCSS is in a status to be judged, to be
   inspected, and to be evaluated for its performance, it would
   be contradictory that the HQ invites and approves some CPA's
   to audit the HQ itself. 

All in all, I hope all parties involved in this matter to be cooperative
to each other to move IFCSS' financial management towards a positive
direction.

Yungui Ding