Subject: IFCSS HQ Memo to SVC

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1993 13:42:02 -0500

Date:     December 9, 1993
From:     IFCSS Headquarters
To:       IFCSS Supervisory Committee
Subject:  The Violation of Regulations by Some Council Members

This is to note the Supervisory Committee that Zhou Hongguang and
some other Council members have violated the IFCSS Financial
Regulations, and lied to the HQ about council authorization.

Article 11 of IFCSS Financial Regulations reads "The treasurer
must open all accounting books and other financial records to the
council or any authorized agent of the council all financial
records upon a written request from the council or authorized
council committee." According to Article 11, the access to IFCSS
accounting books and financial records is i) limited to "the
council or any authorized agent of the council" and ii) based
"upon the written request from the council or authorized council
committees". However, without proper authorization or any written
request, Zhou Hongguang, the Coordinator of the Inspection Team,
has made available to Mr. Bai Yan, a political science student at
Texas Tech University, a copy of all the IFCSS financial
documents and records. He also lied to the HQ about the council
authorization in the matter. 

The HQ had repeatedly warned Zhou Hongguang that these documents
were sensitive (for they may put some people at home at risk) and
therefore should never be leaked out without proper
authorization. Zhou repeatedly lied to the HQ that they were
strictly within the range of the three-member Inspection Team.
Thus the HQ was not informed of such disclosure until the moment
when Bai Yan arrived at the HQ with the Inspection Team,
demanding on looking at the original documents. Mr. Bai claimed
that he had access to the copies of these documents from the very
beginning. When questions were raised on the spot, the HQ and
Supervisory Committee Chair were told by the Team that Bai Yan
has the full authorization by the council. However, in second
council tele-conference, Council Chair Dong Liqun declared that
he had known nothing about such disclosure or Bai Yan's
authorization beforehand. 

Zhou Hongguang's disclosure of aforementioned internal documents
to Bai Yan without proper authorization is imprudent,
irresponsible and disappointing. It is regrettable that Zhou, as
a legislative member of the council, has violated the IFCSS
Financial Regulations established by the council itself. Zhou
Hongguang's deliberate and repeated lying to the HQ is dishonest
and beyond comprehension.

The council is the legislative organ of the IFCSS, and therefore
it is all the more important that its members must abide by
rules. Unfortunately, some of its members showed little respect
of the regulations set by the council itself. To prevent similar
violations in the future and to restore the dignity of the IFCSS
by-laws and regulations, the HQ requests 
that the Supervisory Committee investigate and resolve 
     1.   Mr. Zhou Hongguang's usurpation of the Council's name
regarding Bai Yan's authorization when the HQ and Supervisory
Committee Chair questioned Bai Yan's authorization;
     2.   Mr. Zhou Hongguang's disclosure of IFCSS internal
documents to Bai Yan without any authorization or written
request; 
     3.   Mr. Zhou Hongguang's repeated and deliberate lying
about the disclosure until Bai Yan arrived at the HQ with the
Inspection Team;
     4.   The personal responsiblity for the Memo dated November
6, 1993, which usurped the name of the council to give
authorization to Bai Yan when in fact such authorization had
never been adopted by the council.*

*Council chair Dong Liqun declared during the second Council
Tele-conference that he had no prior knowledge of such
authorization. 

* - - - - - * - - - - - * - - - - - * - - - - - * - - - - - * 

Attached is the Memo dated November 6, 1993, which claimed to give 
Bai Yan authorization.

>From [email-masked] Sat Nov  6 21:22:35 1993

Date:  November 6, 1993

To:    IFCSS HQ
Cc:    IFCSS Supervisory Committee, council-l net 

From:  IFCSS Council
       Signed by:   Dong Liqun, Chair;
               Ding Yungui, Co-Chair
               Zhou Hongguang, Coordinator of the Inspection Team

Subj:  The Inspection Team Is in DC  

The Council Inspection Team of 4 members have been in DC to inspect
the IFCSS HQ's accounting and property records. 

Besides Council members Mr Liu Chen, Mr. Qi Bing, and Mr. Zhou Hongguang,
the Council has invited Mr. Bai Yan of Texas to join the team to provide
some technical help to the financial matters. 

It is pitiful that the HQ had not been informed of the Inspection Team 
composition in advance. We are sorry if that caused any inconvennience to
the process of the inspection. 

The council is grateful that Mr. Bai Yan volunteers his time and expertise
to help the cause of IFCSS. While his coming to the HQ as one of the
team members, as authorized by the Council, is in compliance with the
IFCSS Financial Regulation (see article 11), we hope he will be given the
proper privilege the inspection team members are entitled. 

Your continuing cooperation will be highly appreciated.