Subject: Motion: 3rd tel-meeting of council

From: Songlin Ren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 1994 16:12:25 GMT

Dear Chair and all of IFCSS Council Members:

	I am forwarding the letter of 4th IFCSS HQ staff aout the 4th and 5th
	IFCSS treasurer work review. As a member of Financial Task-force of
	council, I offically raise a motion on this issue. 

	The reason of raising the motion is that we should treat any person
	who have worked for IFCSS fairly. We would like to see people are 
	happy to work for IFCSS.

Songlin Ren
Member of IFCSS Council
Member of Financil Task-force of IFCSS Council

----------------
Motion:

	Reviewing the final result of IFCSS accounting report of 1993, the
	council found that IFCSS treasurer Ms. Jiang Zuihong's work is   
	conscientious. If any criticism against her during the financial
	inspection of IFCSS Council resulted in her prefessional reputation
	damage, the council of IFCSS express our regret and apologies.

Songlin Ren
Member of IFCSS Council
Member of Financil Task-force of IFCSS Council

****************************************************

Dear IFCSS Council Members:

     The fifth tm IFCSS Council will have its last teleconference
(also its last official meeting) in the coming weekend. We hope
that in this conference, the Council will have a final review
and assessment of Miss Jiang Zuihong's work as IFCSS's treasurer
in the fourth term and the first half of the fifth term. Considering
the harsh criticism on Jiang's performance by some fifth-term
council members, it is imperative that the Council make a final
judgment. If the Council is satisfied with Jiang's work, please
say so publicly; if the Council believes that the criticism is
unjust, it should take necessary measures to clear miss Jiang's
name and make up for the damages.

     As formal colleagues of miss Jiang in the fourth term,
we speakly highly of Jiang's work ethic, knowledge
ability and her loyalty to IFCSS. Miss Jiang has an accounting
degree and could have gone to bigger firms for higher salaries. But
she agreed to work for IFCSS because she had been a supporter
of IFCSS since its creation and she was delighted to do something
for this organization. Being an organization with insufficient
funds, IFCSS could not pay Miss Jiang well. Miss Jiang worked
as a part-time staff working 20 hours a week for a pay of $900
a month. You won't find another accountant who is willing to
take such a low-pay job! But Jiang accepted the job because
she wanted to help the organization!

     Miss Jiang took her work seriously. She worked more
than 20 hours a week (around 22-23), she was asked to do
other things as well (such as answering the phones), she
installed computer programs to do the bookkeeping, she
handled the financial affairs of 4th term with confidence
and efficiency, and she was part of a working group that
has won applause from the who CSS community. Furthermore,
in the February IFCSS Joint Meeting, CPA Jeff Lin spoke
positively of Jiang's work.

     However, in this term, she has been unduly criticized
by some council members. The range of criticism covers:
mis-management of funds, inadequate bookkeeping, wrong
reporting format, and failure to perform treasurer's duties,
etc.

     Personally, we believe that all these charges are unfounded.
But these charges have been dispatched to networks which can be
accessed by not only U.S. but also world readers. These 
charges have seriously damaged Miss Jiang's personal as well
as professional reputation. It may ruin miss Jiang's career.

     Therefore, the Council MUST have an official decision
in the upcoming teleconference whether those charges are
sound or not. The decision must be delivered to the public
networks and should be able to stand public and professional
challenges.

     If the Council does not satisfy this request, we would
urge miss Jiang and do our best to assist her to seek
justice from higher authorities. Legal action against
those who are responsible may be a good option to
consider.
    
     We are willing to answer questions from the Council.

                          Sincerely yours,

             Signed by:   Geng Xiao
                          4th Term IFCSS President

                          He Baoping
                          4th Term IFCSS Vice-President

                          Shi Heping
                          4th Term Assistant to the President
                          5th Term IFCSS Vice-President

                          Zhang Qingsong
                          4th term IFCSS Executive Director

cc:  IFCSS HQ     
     IFCSS Supervisory Committee
     IFCSS V Club net
     Miss Jiang Zuihong