Subject: IFCSS Council Resolution on CBS reporting

From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 17:40:32 -0400 (EDT)

MEMO

From:	Hongguang Zhou, IFCSS Council Member-the Southeast

To:	IFCSS Council, IFCSS HQ	
Cc:	IFCSS SVC
Date:	6/7/94	

Subject:Resolution on CBS reporting

	In an rersponse to outcry of the Chinese community over the alleged 
biased report by CBS on the Chinese spying, the IFCSS Council has passed 
a resolution during its quarterly teleconference on May 28, 1994. The 
resolution adopted demands a task force be set up, which includes IFCSS 
Council Members Liu Cheng, Qi Bing, Zhang Feng, Wang Jin and sponsors of the 
bill, Liang Er and Zhou Hongguang, and other council members; IFCSS 
headquarter officers and the CSS activists on the issue. The resolution 
stpulates IFCSS should, along with other Chinese organizations and other 
civil rights and liberty oragnizations, take every means including legal 
actions to address the issue.

	Even before the teleconference, some of the current Task Force 
members had contacted organizations concerned as to the issue. After the 
meeting, the consultation has still continued.

	Regarding the exact text of the Resolution should be available from 
the IFCSS Council Secretary Dong Cheng soon.

	Thank you for your attention.