Subject: memo on CBS report

From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 1994 18:01:56 -0400 (EDT)

Memo

From:	Zhou Hongguang, Council Member from the Southeasst

To:	IFCSS Council
	Lin Changsheng, President, IFCSS HQ

Subj:	CBS Report

	Beause there has been wide outcry for the alleged biased report 
on CBS evening newscast about the Chinese spying and its implication, I 
would suggest the following steps be taken to address this issue:

1. Order a hardcopy of that day's newscast, verify what exact message 
the CBS report has conveyed, and contact CBS Evening News for 
clarifications;

2. Contact IFCSS legal consel Arent & Fox for legal consultation;

3. Coordinate and organize protest actions against the alleged biased 
report by collecting signatures for letter of protest and other protest 
activites;

4. If the report stamps over the boundary of laws, IFCSS should 
file a suit against CBS over the biased report;

5. Also pursue the issue from the point of news ethics and standards. 	

Thanks and regards.

---

From: Songlin Ren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 02:10:58 GMT

I think we should have a special tel-meeting of IFCSS including council
HQ, SVC and some IFCSS activist, and form a task-force for the CBS "spy
prohram" issue. IFCSS should invesgate, coordinate with other Chinese
civil right organization, promote all of Chinese in US to realize and 
put it into a legal action. It is the time for IFCSS stand for CCS. It
is a very good opportunity for IFCSS to involve the US afair and China-
US relation. It is also a good opportunity for us to united.

All of Chinese in US should unite to fight our right and reputation !!!

All of IFCSS activist, it is the time to test ourself. We can fight for
China human right and democrocy and aslo should stand up fight for
the civil right in United States.

Songlin Ren
Council Member of IFCSS