Subject: MFN Lu Ping

From: Songlin Ren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 14:17:25 GMT

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Forwarding Lu Ping' mail to Council.

Songlin

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>From [email-masked]  Tue May 17 04:27:34 1994
Date: Tue, 17 May 94 00:19:10 EDT
From: [email-masked] (Ping Lu - Surgery)
To: [email-masked]
Status: R

My personal view

Dear friends:

I can not agree morew with Xu YI , Ren Songlin and Xing Zhen's view.  I also
enjoy the humor in Xing Zhen's article.

I'm very happy to learn that Wang Juntao and Chen Zhiming were released.  I'm
very proud of IFCSS's effort in promoting human rights in China along with
other organizations.  Chinese goverment willing to do so is not due to its
kindness and wisdom but pressure, from human rights  orgnizations, from western
countries like US goverment and congress.  If they have to do so, it'd better
do it earlier than  latter for Chinese people's sake, for the victims' sake and
for their own sake.

It is great pain to see this term council has kept silent on MFN issue as a
whole.  Some members accused HQ's position on MFN for the reason "council was
 
countries as well as in Chinese goverment.  I regret to see that some council members
members taking the different postion from IFCSS and the council failed to work
with HQ on this very important issue as a whole.  I think that is the first time
in IFCSS's history (this council has brocken some record, like phone bill).  

I always appreciate and respect anyone's view if he or she would speak out no
matter on what issue.  MFN issue has been a hot issue since June 4th.  We have
whom to raise this issue.  If you think you have a good point, speak out and
let EVERYBODY know it.  For the similarity between the drafting letter and the
article on PD, I'd rather think it is a curious coincidence.  The reason, you
may find some if you really want to.

the draft for any given reasons.  I realy appreciate that idea if someone wants
to draft the letter why not try to write one to Chinese goverment, maybe they
can learn some diferent view from those signed CSS. The Clinton goverment has
had enough pressure.  The last thing they want see is some kind of letter like
this "still in the preparation stage letter" from IFCSS.  Don't even think about
to use IFCSS's name! 

I believe that US will renew MFN IF Chinese goverment realy want it.  There has
been sign as it happened before (you may read today's Wall Street Journal).  I
hope Chinese goverment will do it again as they did before.

BTW, Xing Zhen, we were roomates during 5th congress.  Thanks for your work.
Songlin, you may forward this to council net if you think it's a proper one.