Subject: Report on CBS issue

From: dong (D.C.)
Date: Wed, 25 May 94 13:42:05 CDT

[Mr. Liang does not have email access right now, so I am forwarding the
following upon his request.]

Dear colleagues:

Soon after I learnt the CBS's report on last Thursday from CSS, I become
deeply concerned about the further progress on this issue. And during last
two days, I have contact several related individuals and groups.

First of all, I have called the office of CBS in New York, and have told
Ms. Beth Constock about the concerns on the report from Chinese Students and
Scholars community. I have expressed that we hope CBS could make more
further investigation upon this issue, and give us a correct explanation and
apology. I have also asked her to deliver the same message to Mr. Laurence
Tisch, President of CBS.

Second, I have called Mr. Henry Der, Executive Director of Chinese
Affirmation Association, Ms. Dorothy Lee, Executive Director of Alliance of
Asian and Pacific Minorities, and Mr. Charles Cheung, Vice President of
Alliance of Hong Kong Chinese in the United States. The above three
organizations have put tremendous efforts in the works for the welfare and
civil rights of Chinese and other ethnic minorities in the United States and
against any discriminations. They also have fought together against KFRC, a
radio station in California, for a broadcasted racial joke about Chinese,
and successfully got open apologies from Mr. highs, President of KFRC. I
have informed them to pay attentions to this issue and to collaborate with
and help IFCSS in any further actions.

Third, I have called Mr. Shi Heping in the HQ of IFCSS. Mr. Shi has told me
that he was going to send a copy of IFCSS's official letter about this issue
and send me a copy of the transcript made by Mr. Luo Ning from the video
tape. I am still waiting for it. However, I am ready to send any further
information from both IFCSS officials and colleagues in the CSS community
to leaders in the possible affiliated groups and high-ranking officials in
CBS personally.

I believe that this issue is pertaining to the dignity of Chinese people,
and that all Chinese are concerned about the further progress of this issue.
As a council member in IFCSS, I hope IFCSS HQ can  do a thorough
investigation and keep consistent efforts in this issue, and I advocate more
attentions and helps from you. Because of close-down of computer lab in
summer break of the school, please  send email through Mr. Dong Chen
([email-masked]) or call me at 415-751-3606, or mail to me at 153 3rd Ave.
San Francisco, CA94118.

Sincerely,

Liang Er
May 23, 1994