Subject: Re: Zhang Feng & Zhou Honggang

From: Songlin Ren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 17:22:51 GMT

I agree with Zhang Feng and Qi Bin that ChangSheng should inform council
and the other activist for such important action. I don't want to revoke
the MFN. The issue is a very hot potato.

1) In this term, either 5da or council did not have any resolusion of MFN.
So, we should stand for this of 2th, 3th and 4th resolution that is 
conditional renewal until we pass a new version.

2) Changsheng's action is not good for IFCSS image in general CSS, but
he did not violate constitution of IFCSS. We can not say that the hunger
strike is violate IFCSS regulation. 

3) If we impeach him or stop payment, because his hunger strike for 
conditional renewal MFN right now, it will violate the resolution
which we passed in 2da, 3da and 4da. We should pass a resolution first
and judge his action violate it or not. Even that, we should the action
after the resolution's validity not before that.

4) In other hand, if IFCSS council impeach a president for his hunger
strike for conditional renewal MFN issue, how we face to the CSS who
suport conditional renew. Even we don't know how much percent of whole
CSS population, we should know that is the standpoint of 2th, 3th and 4th
IFCSS. We can not ignore IFCSS standpoint which we stood there since
2th IFCSS without any offical resolution.

5) If we impeach a president for his viwer and action of conditional 
renew MFN, how do CCP think of us, how do the US government think of
us. This is a fundamental chages of IFCSS since it were founded. We
sholud think about it. 

I say it again, I do not agree with Lin's hunger strike, it is not
good time and proper action. But as a IFCSSer, in this point, I have
no chioce. I said that I support his action, because I have no choice.

I hope you understand.

Regards,

Songlin

---

From: Feng Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 13:00:15 -0500 (CDT)

I can't agree with you here, Shonglin. To most of CSS, Changsheng's action
and his  purpose will only push the US to revoke MFN, not the conditional
MFN.  As I said before, if Changsheng really favor conditional MFN, he would
go to the Chinese Embassy instead of White House. It's such an immature
action. what's the use to push Clinton. The only to renew the MFN is to
put the pressure on the US goverment, not Clinton. Definitely I will
impeach him for the sake of IFCSS. 

Zhang Feng