Subject: Lin Changsheng's Statement

From: Songlin Ren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 1994 18:24:46 GMT

Emergent Motion 

To: Council Of IFCSS

Dear Chair and All of the Member of IFCSS Council:

In the council tel-conference of May 18, I raised the motion to ask IFCSS
president Lin Changsheng to make a public statement for his hunger strike,
and clarify 1) the IFCSS principle of human right and democracy, 2) the
hunger strike is his personal action.

Today morning Changsheng faxed the statement to me and said the statement
has been already sent to public. After I read the statement, I found out
that it does not the same principle of the motion which passed in council.
As a council member who initiall raise the motion, I am not satisfied the
statement. According to the motion passed by council, we should make a
statement by council to further clarify the issue. I draft the statement
according to the spirit of the initial motion and send to council. I hope
that we should make the statement immediately to public.

In order to claerly express our concern, I draft the statement by Chinese.
The following documemt is use HZ code, including the statement draft and
attached file (Lin Changsheng's statement). If you cannot read it, please
call me at 617-353-2634 (office) or 617-769-5760 (home), I'll send a copy
through fax.

Songlin Ren
Member of IFCSS Council

***************************************

The draft of statement of Councile

________________________

**********************************************************

Attached File    

The statement of Lin Changsheng about his hanger strike
required by IFCSS Council in May 28 tel-conference.

-------------

---

From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 1994 15:43:47 -0400 (EDT)

Songlin:

Please fax me a copy. Thanks.

*-------------------------------------------------------------*
| Hongguang Zhou            Voice:              (404)727-0641 |
| Emory University          Fax:                (404)727-0372 |
| Atlanta, GA 30322         Internet:[email-masked] |
*-------------------------------------------------------------*

---

From: Feng Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 1994 15:19:52 -0500 (CDT)

Songlin, please fax it to me.
My fax number is 612-626-2651. Put my name and 18-246 Moos Tower in the
cover letter.

Thanks,

Feng