Solaris Package Archive -- rsync 2.4.6
Solaris Package Archive
What is it (from http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync):
rsync is a replacement for rcp that has many more features.
rsync uses the "rsync algorithm" which provides a very fast method for
bringing remote files into sync. It does this by sending just the
differences in the files across the link, without requiring that both
sets of files are present at one of the ends of the link beforehand.
Some features of rsync include:
- can update whole directory trees and filesystems
- optionally preserves symbolic links, hard links, file ownership, permissions, devices and times
- requires no special privilages to install
- internal pipelining reduces latency for multiple files
- can use rsh, ssh or direct sockets as the transport
- supports anonymous rsync which is ideal for mirroring
The main site for rsync is
Click here to read about the 32 bit and 64 bit Solaris 7 and 8 packages.
You can download the source code from
See the main packages README for installation information.