Subject: Re: Trip to Canada. Any Tips?

From: [email-masked] (William E. Smith)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 15:33:10 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Pablo Juarez)
wrote:

>         I am going to take a road trip to Toronto and I was wondering if
> anybody has any tips regarding where I could speed up and  where I should
> slow down. What is the fastest way to get up there coming from DC? Any help
> would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..
> -- 
> __________________________________________________________________

   I journeyed through Toronto last year in July.  

   One way to go is to take US 15 through PA and NY and then pick up
I-90 near Rochester.  However, this will take you through many
towns and construction zones.

   Another way is to take the Pennsylvania TNPK (I-76) to I-79 near 
Pittsburgh, and then go north to Erie where you take I-90 to Buffalo.  
However, there is often a bottleneck at Breezwood, PA where I-70 ends 
near the entrance for the turnpike (which is in dubious condition).

   I have heard that the best way, although it may sound to be the
long way, is as follows:

FROM DC:

   I-270 to I-70 at Frederick, MD
   I-70 to I-68 at Hancock, MD    ***(avoids the Pennsylvania TNPK and
   I-68 to I-79 at Mogantown, WV  ***the mess at Breezwood, PA)
   I-79 to I-90 at Erie, PA
   I-90 to I-190 at Buffalo, NY
   I-190 to QEW via The Peace Br. or near Niagara Falls NY/ONT
   QEW to Toronto

Just my $ 0.02

-- 
Bill Smith, Scientific Programmer/Analyst, General Sciences Corp.
Internet: [email-masked]        Phone: (301) 286-8471
Snail mail: Code 910.3, NASA/Goddard, Greenbelt, MD 20771
World Wide Web - http://edison.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080/Bills.html