Subject: Re: How long to drive across the U.S.??

From: [email-masked] (FolsomMan)
Date: 3 Sep 1995 00:58:29 -0400

[email-masked] (Peter Lisker) wrote:

>Just wondering if anybody could tell me approximately how long it would
take
>me to drive from San Francisco to Philadelphia? I believe there will be
two 
>drivers and we plan to rest over night at motels.
>We will traveling the Southern route; either I-40 or I-10.

I have driven across the country three times, always with the wife and two
kids.  It's relatively easy to do in seven days, and it can be done in
three, if you want to get crazy.  If you want to look at anything much on
the way, it's really nice to spend some time here and there, rather than
just watching it whiz by.  There are interesting things to see (at least
from the west coast to the eastern slope of the Rockies and in the
Appalachians) on every route I have taken, i.e. I-80, I-70 & environs and
I-90 and environs.  It isn't something everyone gets to do very many
times.

Drive carefully,

Mark Folsom