Subject: AAA trying to sabotage speed limit repeal

From: NMA <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Sep 1995 16:48:32 GMT

AAA trying to sabotage federal speed limit repeal.

----------

The National Motorists Association has devoted all its resources to 
repealing the 55 mph National Maximum Speed Limit.  Major efforts have 
been focused on including the repeal legislation in the National Highway 
System Act.

Successful in the US Senate, the NMA has shifted it's energies to passage 
in the House.

On the day of the first vote on the speed limit provision (Sept 7th), the 
American Automobile Association has attempted to undermine the speed 
limit repeal campaign by supporting alternative legislation, legislation 
developed by proponents of federal speed limits.

Despite the AAA's well-heeled campaign, the National Motorists 
Association prevailed in the Surface Transportation Subcommittee and 
repeal of the 55 mph federal speed limit was included in the House 
version of the National Highway System Act by a vote of 26-9!

For more information, contact the National Motorists Association at 
608-849-6000 or e-mail [email-masked]  Stop by our world wide web 
page (http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/nma/) too.

-- 
National Motorists Association      Join the NMA!
[email-masked]                  $29 a year.
http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/nma