Subject: Re: Cops Tailgating (and Speeding)!

From: [email-masked] (Alexander M. Bilan)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 95 18:01:00

On Wed 12-Apr-1995  2:14p, Al DeVere wrote:

AD> I usually follow the speeding cops along the highway.  I drive 55 miles
AD> to work and actually like the police on the road because I can
AD> follow behind them and get to work faster. How, because the police are

I wouldn't try that around these parts, the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police)
(state troopers if you will) have radar which will keep track of vehicles
ahead AND Behind the car (all while its in motion).  Of course, if he passes
you and you see the radar unit with its dust cover on... ;)

Mr.V-8
  //  The opinions expressed above are strickly the opinions of my fingers and
\X/   may not reflect the opinions of the other apendages.

---

From: [email-masked] (Alex D Rodriguez)
Date: 13 Apr 1995 14:12:02 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>you and you see the radar unit with its dust cover on... ;)

Interesting.  Unless the cops have a second antenna facing toward the rear
of the car, this is BS spread by some cop.  Then it still shouldn't worry you
because police radar is the lowest type of radar on the radar totem pole.
It does nothing more than zap and get a speed.  Unless the officer is 
watching the rear view mirror for extended periods of time, which would be
reckless driving, he can't tell who or what is causing the speed reading he
is getting.  Remember police radar cannot identify the vehicle causing a 
speed reading, it is up to the officer to take and educated guess.

-----------------                                                             
Alex     __O    '86 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo                                    
       _-\<,_   '87 Alfa Romeo Milano                                       
      (_)/ (_)  '88 Vitus/Dura-Ace