Subject: f--king MA cops

From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Apr 1995 23:37:16 GMT

here's a slight update.
about a few months back, I pissed and moaned about how I was traveling
a bit above 40 in a 30 at 2am when a cop pulled me over.  She then referred
to my status as an out-of-state student at Brandeis U in a disdainful tone
of voice and told me I was going _65_!!!!!!!!!!  This is no less than
absolute fucking bullshit.  I lost my cool and said "I was _not_ going
65!"  and she said take it to court.  Well, I did.
Waltham Police, btw.  Waltham court hourse.
My court date was like a few months after the citation (this week, and the
citation was February, I responded on the 19th day after recieving it)
well, guess what?  At least five or six cops were there, including her. 
There was also some suit who represented any cops who weren't there.  The
clerk dismissed a few cases of close-call red-lights, and reduced a bunch
of speeding fines.  He reduced mine from 300 to 200, but since my battle is
of points and principal (especially points), I took full advantage of my 
oppty to appeal it again.  From what I understand, a judge is invovled.
grr, grr.....
I admit I sort of froze up and all I could say on the mike was that her
claim was highly, highly inaccurrate.  next time I'll chill, prepare, and
go all out.  Any tips on how to approach His Honor?
-Ben