Subject: This morn in Mont Co

From: [email-masked] (Alex Chernyakov)
Date: 1 May 1995 14:09:29 GMT

This morning seemed like the beginning of the end of the world. On my
way East on Randolph Road towards New Hampshire Avenue, two of the 
three west-bound lanes were closed off because of what seemed to be a
bad school bus accident. The bus was up over the median with its entire
front end hanging off to the side. I hope there were no kids involved--
I drove by the incident at 8:35am. 

Then, after turning south onto New Hampshire I found myself behind 
4 motorcycle cops riding paired-- 2 x 2. I found this unusual, but 
when traffic came to a halt I realized something must have happened up
ahead. Sure enough there were half a dozen police cars just north of the
Route 29 interchange. Along the way, I saw police stationed about every
hundred yards all the way up to Adelphi Road, where I turned left. Besides,
the whole area was crawling with police from Mont Co, the state and from 
PG County. Does anyone know what was going on? 

All of this, of course, after having almost been hit by a drunk driver
last night on Bel Pre Rd. He made a "turn" onto west-bround Bel Pre from
the shopping center (at Layhill & Bel Pre). Unfortunately he didn't bother
yielding to traffic, then proceeded to weave his way to Georgia Ave where 
he ran the red light (major intersection here), and continued west.  I 
called the police at this point- hope they caught him before he killed 
himself, or someone else. 

-Alex Chernyakov.

---

From: [email-masked] (Laurie L. Robertson)
Date: 1 May 1995 20:50:18 -0400

>PG County. Does anyone know what was going on? 
Sounds like they were moving the President.  Does anyone know if Bill was
out and about on Monday?

Laurie
   [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (John W Robbins)
Date: Tue, 2 May 95 14:02:50 GMT

In Article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Alex
>himself, or someone else. 
Sounds like you had a horrendous 24 hours on the roads Alex! 

You know, as I was coming in to work yesterday morning (May 1, about 9:30,
running a little late...) on Rte. 50 from Annapolis towards DC, I noticed
two "columns" of police cruisers heading east-bound. Each "column" was from
a different jurisdiction. I wondered what this was all about? My guess was
that maybe there was something going on at the State House in Annap.
Probably unrelated to Alex's observations.

Another response to Alex's posting suggested the Prez was moving about which
was certainly possible.

John
"And hey, hey, hey... Lets be careful out there"

---

From: [email-masked] (Gerry Sneeringer)
Date: 2 May 1995 10:44:56 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>,
>In Article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Alex

{descriptions of large gatherings of police officers omitted]

What you saw was the funeral procession from a Silver Spring funeral home
to Sacred Heart Church in Bowie for the PG police officer who was 
gunned down last week.

-Gerry