Subject: How to Get Out of a Speeding Ticket

From: Ivan Sever <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Apr 1995 19:06:33 GMT

Personally, I'm getting tired of what seems like daily posts a la: "I was
going x speed over the limit and got a ticket. Help me get out of it."

So, here is the latest dope on the subject.
1. If you're even thinking about these excuses, "I was only following
traffic" or "I had my cruise control set for the speed limit"  or "I
wasn't speeding that much!" FORGET IT. Pay the fine. There's no magic
formula. No one here can give a secret password that will make that
ticket go away. 
2. If you want to fight your ticket, YOU MUST GO TO COURT. You cannot do
it from your computer.
3. Get a radar detector. Pay attention when you drive. Watch other cars
and watch for places cops could be hiding. THINK when you drive.
4. If you don't like the speed limits, think about how you can get
involved. Start by joining R.A.D.A.R (800) 448-5170 or the National
Motorist Association (800) 882-2785.
5. Read up on the subject. Read all you can about radar/ lidar devices,
speed limit enforcement practices, court/hearing procedures etc.
6. Don't expect miracles. And most of all: DON'T WHINE!

Thank you,
Ivan  
'92 Trooper for Us  :-)
'94 Nissan SE-R for Me     :-))