[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Senate committee approves repeal of 65 mph limit

Rene Chaddock (umchadd0@CC.UManitoba.CA) wrote:

: I may be mistaken, but my impression is that any state can set any limit
: it wants, as long as it is at or below the federally mandated limit.  I
: believe also that any state could as things stand now put their speed
: limit higher, but that the federal government responds by pulling their
: highway funding (which is a bad thing).

Not a good thing if your a states-rightist?  Build your own highways and
thumb your nose at Washington.  I'm not a rightist, but somehow it seems
to me this ought to be what they'd want to do.

Follow-Ups: References: