[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Keep right unless passing

Adam Fila (fila@eohsi.rutgers.edu) wrote:
: gt3220a@prism.gatech.edu (Tigress) writes:

: >I'm from Atlanta too, and that is the most annoying thing I have seen,
: >people going in the left lane even though nobody is in the right lane. I
: >have seen many cars on an empty highway go slow and for some reason move
: >all teh way to the left lane.(I have found it is faster to drive in the
: >right lane, then in the left lane. I don't understand this, after all, not
: >only is it annoying to other drivers who are going much faster than them,
: >I would think that it would be easier for them to stay in the right lane,
: >for they can go at the speed they want, and they don't have to worry about
: >changing lanes when their exit comes up. What's the point?
: >Tigress

: All this talk about Atllanta's bad drivers got me thinking...
: Did you by any chance noticed this Chrysller Minivan cllogging
: the lleft llane at 50mph, with a guy behing the wheel reading
: an auto mag ?

: Hmmmm.... ;)))

: -adam

Ha!  I'll have you know, I drive faster and more aggressively than most
sports cars I see on the road around Atlanta.  And I know lane discipline
-- I'm one of the ones complaining about the left-lane hogs!

Rutgers -- that's in NJ!  We've got somebody whose driving environment is
the NJ Turnpike here!