Subject: Re: Keep right unless passing

From: [email-masked] (Rodney Mark Lukowski)
Date: 12 May 1995 14:06:51 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (John Carr) writes:
>The right lanes of 3 lane roads are always the least crowded.
>
>A few years ago I was driving from Boston to Connecticut on the Mass. Pike,
>a 3 lane road (per direction) the day before Thanksgiving (the busiest
>travel day of the year).  Coming over a hill I had a good view confirming
>what I had suspected for several miles: as far as I could see, the
>left lane was the most crowded and slowest, the middle lane was less
>crowded, and the right lane was least crowded and fastest.
>
>-- 
>    John Carr ([email-masked])

Let me guess, it was the Sturbridge exit, right?

just curious,
Rodney

---

From: [email-masked] (Lloyd R. Parker)
Date: 12 May 1995 17:08:01 GMT

Adam Fila ([email-masked]) wrote:
: [email-masked] (Tigress) writes:

: >I'm from Atlanta too, and that is the most annoying thing I have seen,
: >people going in the left lane even though nobody is in the right lane. I
: >have seen many cars on an empty highway go slow and for some reason move
: >all teh way to the left lane.(I have found it is faster to drive in the
: >right lane, then in the left lane. I don't understand this, after all, not
: >only is it annoying to other drivers who are going much faster than them,
: >I would think that it would be easier for them to stay in the right lane,
: >for they can go at the speed they want, and they don't have to worry about
: >changing lanes when their exit comes up. What's the point?
: >Tigress

: All this talk about Atllanta's bad drivers got me thinking...
: Did you by any chance noticed this Chrysller Minivan cllogging
: the lleft llane at 50mph, with a guy behing the wheel reading
: an auto mag ?

: Hmmmm.... ;)))

: -adam

Ha!  I'll have you know, I drive faster and more aggressively than most 
sports cars I see on the road around Atlanta.  And I know lane discipline 
-- I'm one of the ones complaining about the left-lane hogs!

Rutgers -- that's in NJ!  We've got somebody whose driving environment is 
the NJ Turnpike here!

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Fila)
Date: 14 May 1995 00:33:11 -0400

>-- I'm one of the ones complaining about the left-lane hogs!

I'll give you this one Lloyd :)  Sorry about that comment :)

>Rutgers -- that's in NJ!  We've got somebody whose driving environment is 

Well, I have to agree, NJ drivers are probably the worst of the bunch...
Left-lane hogging, lane changing without any signals, even double
lane driving !!!  The 4-way stop intersections are very rare in NJ,
due to the "I-have-the-right-of-way-no-matter-what" attitude of most
NJ drivers....

-adam

---

From: Dai F Toyama <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 1995 13:45:19 -0700

> -- I'm one of the ones complaining about the left-lane hogs!

What?  Drive faster and more aggressively than most sports cars in 
your... minivan?  I suggest that you stop it.  It's dangerous. :-)

Dai

'92 Acura Integra GS-R

----------------------------------------------------------------------
     ..uu.                $b                     .Mb
   d?:"` "#               $f.u   ,      e        9$E      .o
   ?*     @ .   o"      :$RP'     8b. .8        ;$$@    :dQ'    .
   Xf   .f d9b  .     .!"tM    eH. `R;'  e"fb   .$;t. ,!$ W'   d9b
   M  .=` M `8 :$4       MR   M 'E  9R  M'  X   R  "M$$"  R   M `8
   Mx~   X ,oR  XM        W   b  d  9` 'b  z7   M;  "NF  :8  X ,oR
  z"    :RP' $b `@       :R   `%M'  9  `%M$"M. !$        !` :RP' $b
;"      $'   ?X  R        `$o"      M       `$ W`           $'   ?X
       d$    `E ,f                 lR          X           d$    `E
       "`     ' `~                 `           `           "`     '
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrew P. Bajorinas)
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 16:10:19 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
   [email-masked] (Lloyd R. Parker) wrote:
]
]Adam Fila ([email-masked]) wrote:

]: All this talk about Atllanta's bad drivers got me thinking...
]: Did you by any chance noticed this Chrysller Minivan cllogging
]: the lleft llane at 50mph, with a guy behing the wheel reading
]: an auto mag ?
]
]: Hmmmm.... ;)))
]
]: -adam
]
]Ha!  I'll have you know, I drive faster and more aggressively than most 
]sports cars I see on the road around Atlanta.  And I know lane discipline 
]-- I'm one of the ones complaining about the left-lane hogs!
]

Let me get this straight....

Not only do you read while driving and hog the left lane but you drive a 
big lumbering beast faster than is safe. 

Yikes!

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Andrew P. Bajorinas                          [email-masked] |
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------|
| The above opinions are my own.          |      I will never let my cat |
| My employer thinks I am working. 8^)    |     use my net access again! |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------