Subject: Re: Driving Pet peeves

From: [email-masked] (Matthew T. Carlton)
Date: 20 Jun 1995 07:23:15 GMT

Susan E Clark ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Not to start a flame here, but.....men are bad drivers too!!  They do the 
: same thing, believe it or not.  Also I've noticed a lot is when I'm 
: driving down the highway 65 (when it's 55) passing someone and this jerk 
: comes up behind me as close as he can gets so I speed up a little to 
: quickly pass the car and "try" to get over to the right lane to let him 
: pass and then, just as I'm about to cross over, I happen to see this jerk 
: slipping in front of the car I just passed (nearly hitting him) and 
: passes me on the right and gives ME the finger cuz I almost hit him 
: trying to get into the right lane.  WHY??  Can't people wait a few 
: seconds for someone to move out of the way?  Anyway, I believe that there 
: is an equal share of bad women and men drivers.

It's customary to get out of the way of fast-moving drivers.  If you're 
far enough ahead of the other guy that the person behind you can fit 
through, you deserve what you get.  Mind you, I NEVER cut ppl off under 
normal circumstances, but when someone is moving fast and you're in the 
way....move!

Speedfreak

______________________________________________________________________________
				On the evidence, 
		Peace is a purely theoretical state of affairs, 
		 The  existance of which has been hypothesized
			Because there have been intervals
				 Between Wars.

						-- Jerry Pournelle
______________________________________________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (Gary L. Dare)
Date: 20 Jun 1995 16:40:56 GMT

Matthew T. Carlton ([email-masked]) wrote:

: It's customary to get out of the way of fast-moving drivers.  If you're 
: far enough ahead of the other guy that the person behind you can fit ...

Unfortunately, more people are familiar with the custom of dessert
versus dinner versus salad forks than with this one ...

Yes, I'd rather have a faster person pass me on the left than put
all of us in danger by doing it on the right ... I hope for same
when I'm going faster.  Otherwise, when they pass me that gives
me a bit of margin to move back in later and speed up a bit ...
(-;

Yes, call me a coward but I'm still clean of tickets ...

gld
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Je me souviens ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gary L. Dare                                   [email-masked]
 Trust Fund Owner-Partner,           [email-masked]
 Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club (NHL)      (formerly [email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (Tigress)
Date: 21 Jun 1995 01:14:59 -0400

: It's customary to get out of the way of fast-moving drivers.  If you're 
: far enough ahead of the other guy that the person behind you can fit 
: through, you deserve what you get.  Mind you, I NEVER cut ppl off under 
: normal circumstances, but when someone is moving fast and you're in the 
: way....move!

: Speedfreak

Uh, maybe she was trying not to cut off the person in the right lane ?
Whoa! Revalation! Actually being polite to other drivers (including the
guy behind her trying to get ahead of her, but he was too impatient to see
that she was going to get out of his way).

Tigress
-- 
      |\      _,,,---,,_		Tigress
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ 		[email-masked]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'		
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)                cat drawn by: Felix Lee