Subject: Re: Driving Pet Peeves

From: [email-masked] (jjbl)
Date: 25 Jul 1995 15:15:35 GMT

[email-masked]>
Organization: BridgeNet Information Systems, Miami Florida, 305.374.3031 
for Customer Assistance Distribution: 

lmp ([email-masked]) wrote:

: Maybe I'm speeding, maybe I'm not.  People *do* speed.  And while you're
: riding you're bike at the speed limit insisiting you have a right to be
: there, I suggest you look out for the speeder behind you...that is if
: you're interested in living.

How very intelligent of you.  I suppose you think the laws apply to 
everyone except you.  Most states' traffic laws state that bicyclists 
have *all* the rights and responsibilities of automotive traffic.  If 
you're so happy about wantonly putting lives in danger because you don't 
like the law, then you shouldn't be on the road.

: It's great how you ignored the part about the cyclist who was riding
: recklessly and wound up on the ground in the middle of the road around the
: curve.  I point out again, I avoided him, he point my life in danger...he
: was reckless, not me.

If you were travelling over the posted speed limit you'd both be at fault..

It is your responsibility to do everything within reason and safety to 
avoid a crash, whether you put yourself in the situation or not.  That's 
part of the privelege of driving.  If you don't like it, walk..

: **This is a no trolling zone; I don't want to meet any trolls :)**

I'd say you're more chumming than trolling.

--
-----
You have just been verbally molested by: [email-masked]
Was it good for you?
-----

---

From: [email-masked] (Royce Myers)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 23:56:20 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] wrote:

> In article <[email-masked]>,
> Royce Myers <[email-masked]> wrote:

> }In other words, Russotto feels that cyclists who fail to stay out of his
> }way are open game.  Game is not out of line for him, he because feels that
> }cyclists who block lanes are starting a competition:
> 
> Cyclists here have said as much.

I'm sure you won't mind providing citations; otherwise we might think you
made it up.

> }
> }No, Russotto.  He's trying to make you wait until it's safe.  You'll kill
> }yourself with your own impatience, but it won't be the cyclist's fault.
> 
> It would have been safe except that the cyclist moved out and blocked
> the lane.  So now I can either pass unsafely, or sit behind the
> cyclist for several miles until the next passing zone.

1. It would have been safe...for whom?  Can you honestly say you were
blocked by a cylist in a situation where it was absolutely safe for
everyone if you passed?

Or are you making this up?

2. Can you please tell me where you were blocked by cyclists for "several
miles"?  Provide the location, date, distance and the speed at which the
cyclist was travelling every time this has happened to you.  Please note
how long you spent at the next light, and if you made up any time by
speeding.

This _has_ happened to you, hasn't it?  You wouldn't be spouting off about
something that in fact is so rare that you've never actually seen it
happen?

-- 
Royce Myers          [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Jul 1995 15:11:49 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>,
Royce Myers <[email-masked]> wrote:
}In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] wrote:
}
}> In article <[email-masked]>,
}> Royce Myers <[email-masked]> wrote:
}
}> }In other words, Russotto feels that cyclists who fail to stay out of his
}> }way are open game.  Game is not out of line for him, he because feels that
}> }cyclists who block lanes are starting a competition:
}> 
}> Cyclists here have said as much.
}
}I'm sure you won't mind providing citations; otherwise we might think you
}made it up.

Tom Hoblub (sp?) is the cyclist I had in mind.  I don't archive posts,
in general.

}> }No, Russotto.  He's trying to make you wait until it's safe.  You'll kill
}> }yourself with your own impatience, but it won't be the cyclist's fault.
}> 
}> It would have been safe except that the cyclist moved out and blocked
}> the lane.  So now I can either pass unsafely, or sit behind the
}> cyclist for several miles until the next passing zone.
}
}1. It would have been safe...for whom?  Can you honestly say you were
}blocked by a cylist in a situation where it was absolutely safe for
}everyone if you passed?
}
}Or are you making this up?

Absolutely safe?  There's no such thing.

}2. Can you please tell me where you were blocked by cyclists for "several
}miles"?  Provide the location, date, distance and the speed at which the
}cyclist was travelling every time this has happened to you.  Please note
}how long you spent at the next light, and if you made up any time by
}speeding.

Don't be silly -- I didn't sit behind them, I passed them, illegally
and (relatively) unsafely.
-- 
Matthew T. Russotto      [email-masked]     [email-masked]
"Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in pursuit
of justice is no virtue."